(update: delayed) Connecting people more time than Gabe Newel - Nokia phones refreshed

williamcll

Update: delayed, check this post: 

Other than the previously mentioned expressmusic 5310 and budget C2, Nokia has further annouced new smartphones, refreshes or last year models: 8.3, 5.3, 1.3

To expand its portfolio, HMD Global has launched three smartphones that also includes the company's first 5G smartphone- Nokia 8.3 5G. In addition to that, Nokia 5.3, Nokia 1.3 and one feature phone Nokia 5310 are also unveiled. 

Nokia 8.3 5G, Nokia 5.3, Nokia 1.3, Nokia 5310 launched: Specifications, pricing, more

Nokia 8.3 5G is priced at €599 and will be available in the starting of this summer. It will be available in Polar night colour variant.The Nokia 5.3 will sell at € 189 and will be available in Cyan, Sand and Charcoal colour variants. The smartphone will be available for purchase in late April. Nokia 1.3 will also go on sale in April at a price of €95. It will come in three colour options that include Cyan, Sand and Charcoal. Nokia 5310 comes in white and red colour variants. It will go on sale next month at €39

The smartphone ((8.3)) features a 6.81 Puredisplay that has FullHD+ resolution. It sports a punch-hole camera that sits in the top left corner of the display. Nokia 8.3 5G is powered by Snapdragon 765G chipset and offers up to 8 GB RAM and up to 128 GB internal storage that can be expanded via microSD card. It runs on stock Android 10 and since it is part of the Android One program, it promises 2 years of upgrades and 3 years of monthly security updates. In the camera department, it houses a 24 MP front camera that comes with ZEISS optics. The rear circular camera module houses a ZEISS quad camera setup that includes 64 MP primary sensor, 12 MP ultra-wide sensor, a depth sensor and a macro lens. The smartphone is equipped with a 4,500 mAh battery that supports 18W charging. Nokia 8.3 5G is available in Polar night colour variant.

The 5.3 sports a 6.55 inch notched display. Nokia 5.3 features a dedicated Google Assistant button on the edge. It runs on Android 10 and promises 2 years of Android updates. The handset is powered by Snapdragon 665 chipset and offers 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage.

Nokia 5.3

In terms of camera, it sports a quad camera setup at the back that includes 13 MP primary sensor, 5 MP ultra wide angle sensor, 2 MP macro sensor and 2 MP depth sensor. For selfies, you will get an 8  MP camera. Nokia 5.3 houses a 4,000 mAh battery.

Nokia 1.3 comes with a 5.7-inch HD+ display with a resolution of  1,520 x 720 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19:9. The smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 215 chipset and offers 1 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 4000 GB via microSD card.  Nokia 1.3 runs on Android 10 (Go Edition) and will also get Android 11.

Nokia 1.3

Additionally, HMD is starting a global roaming service as well, it should also be known that the phones are fitted with android one while not sporting the logo.

MD Connect Global Data Roaming Service

HMD Global enters a new service category with the launch of its HMD Connect global data roaming service, enabling people around the world to benefit from a hassle-free data SIM when travelling and staying in full control of their data plans. The HMD Connect global data roaming keeps you connected in an easier way to the things that matter to you the most, paying only for what you need. Signing up via the app, fans will receive a SIM card to their home address and will have effortless control over their data plan. HMD Connect will launch in BETA through HMDConnect.com, bringing hassle-free, secure and affordable roaming across the world.

The HMD Connect global data roaming service currently works in over 120 countries across the globe, and, together with partner Greenwave Systems and local operators, HMD Global is working to expand the coverage to even more networks and countries in the future.

Martin Manniche, Founder and CEO, Greenwave Systems:

“Our shared vision with HMD Global enables intelligent, affordable cellular connectivity everywhere in the world. Our AXON GlobalNet Platform offers a secure and affordable connection to subscribers around the world. We are excited for the future working with the HMD Global team and look forward to innovating more new services in the future.”

Source: https://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/nokia-8-3-5g-nokia-5-3-nokia-1-3-nokia-5310-launched-specifications-pricing-more-8170421.html

https://nokiapoweruser.com/nokia-8-3-5-3-1-3-5310-hmd-connect-nokia-6-2-7-2-bond-case-all-that-hmd-launched-on-march-19/

Thoughts: The phones aren't exciting in any way but I suspect someone will be interested regardless.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Well I would be excited if I needed a new phone but my Nokia 8 still serves me impeccably.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

The 8.3 looks really nice.

12 hours ago, williamcll said:

Thoughts: The phones aren't exciting in any way but I suspect someone will be interested regardless

I guess I fall into that crowd. I have literally zero use for a phone being exciting, but I do have use for a phone that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

The budget 1.3 sounds like a good deal for a basic smartphone.

I had their Nokia 2(the first model that came out in... 2017?) before, a $100 phone and honestly, it did most of what I needed it to do. It chugged in demanding games (obviously), but for regular webbrowsing, social media, music and video streaming, it worked perfectly fine. I expect this to be about the same if not a bit better.

And I don't know if this has changed since my Nokia 2. But it was stock android. Zero extra bloatware in there. I hope this is the same. Because I'd sooner trust Nokia to not have spyware shit in there, than some no name Chinese company that will disappear and rebrand itself the moment anything happens. Especially at that price point.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

17 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Because I'd sooner trust Nokia to not have spyware shit in there

Nokia has had one incident regarding data safety.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/nokia_7_plus_handsets_sent_data_to_chinese_servers_broadcaster_reports/10701132

I don't remember how the story ended, didn't really pay attention to it at the time.

cool story, but this my friends

this is the only device that really matters.

Don't need it, but i want one so much

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

• 2 months later...

Update: it is believed that the new phones, including a 9.3, is delayed and won't be available until Q4

We had earlier reported about HMD planning a major launch event in mid to late Q3 2020. But, now our sources report that while development work for the new Nokia smartphones is on track the COVID19 situation may force the launch to early Q4 2020. The launch timings still depend on the ongoing COVID19 pandemic and how quickly it can be controlled worldwide.

Source: https://nokiapoweruser.com/nokia-6-3-7-3-9-3-pureview-development-on-track-for-a-late-q3-early-q4-launch/

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

But does it have a headphone jack?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

But does it have a headphone jack?

Yes.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Only thing I don't like about 8.3 is that they removed the back fingerprint sensor that is on my 8.1 :(

Fingerprint sensor on the back ftw.

Nokia say they guarantee 2 years of bigger software updates and 3 years of security updates.

On 3/27/2020 at 2:04 PM, Gaires said:

Nokia has had one incident regarding data safety.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/nokia_7_plus_handsets_sent_data_to_chinese_servers_broadcaster_reports/10701132

I don't remember how the story ended, didn't really pay attention to it at the time.

They turned it off on phones outside China, or at least in the western world. They said it was only ment to be a thing in China and was included in other phones by a mistake.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:43 PM, TetraSky said:

And I don't know if this has changed since my Nokia 2. But it was stock android. Zero extra bloatware in there. I hope this is the same. Because I'd sooner trust Nokia to not have spyware shit in there, than some no name Chinese company that will disappear and rebrand itself the moment anything happens. Especially at that price point.

On my Nokia 8.1, it's stock android plus one single Nokia app, called My phone that is some phone health stats and customer service email and number.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

What keeps me from getting the nokia 8.3 is the missing QI wireless charging. 

That is one thing I really require from my mobile radiocucumber... or in german Funkgurke

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

On 3/28/2020 at 11:42 AM, suicidalfranco said:

cool story, but this my friends

this is the only device that really matters.

Don't need it, but i want one so much

RIP removable batteries,hello disposable phones...

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566