New BioShock Game Announced, Being Developed by New 2K Studio Cloud Chamber

Flying Sausages

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/09/new-bioshock-game-confirmed-being-developed-by-new-developer-cloud-chamber

2K has announced a new BioShock game is officially in the works at a newly formed internal studio, Cloud Chamber. However, don't expect this new game in the near future.

Cloud Chamber is a new studio, with locations in both Novato, California and Montreal, Quebec, headed by Kelley Gilmore, who has worked at 2K's Firaxis Games for nearly two decades in various capacities on Sid Meier's Civilization and XCOM.

According to 2K's announcement, the next BioShock will be in development "for the next several years." 2K has not officially announced any platforms nor targeted release date for this new BioShock.

Speaking to IGN over email, Gilmore said the team is at "the earlier end of our process" when asked how far along development on the new BioShock is. Gilmore also declined to say whether this new BioShock would function as a direct sequel in the series or as a reboot, instead only calling the project "the next iteration in the BioShock franchise."

Gilmore also declined to comment on whether the new BioShock would introduce a new cityscape as its setting or feature returns to Rapture or Columbia, saying "We...hope that fans love our future plans for this environment. That said, it'll be a bit of a wait for more details, as the game will be in development for several years."

Gilmore did also confirm that original BioShock creative director Ken Levine is "not affiliated with Cloud Chamber, nor is he involved with the studio's development process." Levine is instead continuing to focus on his work with the team at Ghost Story Games, which formally debuted in 2017 after Levine's previous BioShock team at Irrational Games started "winding down" in 2014.

Gameplay details are scarce on the new BioShock at the moment, though 2K President David Ismailer said in a statement that “BioShock is one of the most beloved, critically praised and highest-rated franchises of the last console generation. We can’t wait to see where its powerful narrative and iconic, first-person shooter gameplay head in the future with our new studio team at Cloud Chamber leading the charge.”

Yo, Bioshock Infinite is one of my favorite games of all time. I like the gameplay, the story, the character, and Elizabeth character actor behind the scene. I don't know when the game is going to come out but please make it quick because the cliff hanger is kinda killing me. I also hope the game studio will not going to bomb this new Bioshock game from all the anticipation and all the good talks before the game launch.

10 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

I don't know when the game is going to come out but please make it quick

However, don't expect this new game in the near future. According to 2K's announcement, the next BioShock will be in development "for the next several years."

That's rough

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I am willing to wait a while as long as they dont fuck another amazing game series with a single game like they did with mass effect andromeda.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

38 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That's rough

At least I can finally play Burial at the Sea now that I know there will be something else to go to in the franchise down the road... been saving that one for years. [:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

19 hours ago, Levent said:

I am willing to wait a while as long as they dont fuck another amazing game series with a single game like they did with mass effect andromeda.

Given the only thing wrong with that was the fans that might be difficult. Due to various issues i got into Andromeda a few months after release so by then all the apparent launch issues had been fixed and i found little to complain about. For that matter most people i talked with that started that late said the same thing. I was just the negetive hype generated by the initial release that killed it, not the game itself, the gameplay was solid a waaaay better than ME2, (never got round to ME3 after the huge disappointment ME2 was), the story did drag a bit in places, but i encountered the same thing with Dragon Age Inquisition and nobody's running around ripping into that game massively over that. Of the three i've played i'd rate it as worse than ME1 but way better than ME2.

I miss Ken Levine already. What's he up to anyway?

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

Funny. Bioshock Infinite was stretched across continents and as a result had a lot of development issues. Same reason Xcom The Bureau also turned out lackluster... I think they were actually working on both at the same time, but Bioshock got more resources or a team pulled off Xcom or something.

#Muricaparrotgang

I can still remember the first BioShock leaks and concept images of monsters...

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

I can still remember the first BioShock leaks and concept images of monsters...

Remember when the first Bioshock demo hit Xbox Live? When the 360 still had the blade interface design.

Good times!

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

4 hours ago, Reytime said:

Remember when the first Bioshock demo hit Xbox Live? When the 360 still had the blade interface design.

Good times!

I remember being excited for the aesthetics/story, but underwhelmed with the controls, because it felt exactly like Oblivion. I recall even thinking that it was just a massive mod.

I still never got around to playing it, as much as I wanted to... I should probably do that one of these days...

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

On 12/12/2019 at 8:57 AM, OlympicAssEater said:

I don't know when the game is going to come out but please make it quick because the cliff hanger is kinda killing me.

No. Do not give them any reason to rush. That's what makes bad games. I'd rather wait five years for a great game than six months for a rushed one.

Say what you want about Valve's time management skills, but they know how to make games, and I imagine Valve Time plays a part in that.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

3 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

No. Do not give them any reason to rush. That's what makes bad games. I'd rather wait five years for a great game than six months for a rushed one.

Say what you want about Valve's time management skills, but they know how to make games, and I imagine Valve Time plays a part in that.

I don't know if Valve is really a fair example since there's tons of stories from inside Valve where people basically work on whatever they want. It's not like they're slaving over every game for years to make it perfect, it's more that they just drop projects for months or years at a time and then come back later. 

I'd put a company like CD Project in that category - they only work on one main project at a time, and they other than the occasional small side project they just keep going until they're happy with the shipping product. 

1 hour ago, Waffles13 said:

I don't know if Valve is really a fair example since there's tons of stories from inside Valve where people basically work on whatever they want. It's not like they're slaving over every game for years to make it perfect, it's more that they just drop projects for months or years at a time and then come back later. 

I'd put a company like CD Project in that category - they only work on one main project at a time, and they other than the occasional small side project they just keep going until they're happy with the shipping product. 

There are different philosophies.

Valve takes its time because people only work on what they want to work on, and the result of that is that the games they make are never just shovelware, they're passion projects that anyone involved could've just dropped but didn't because they wanted to make it.

CD Projekt Red takes its time because they pour all their effort into one thing at a time and don't stop until they're happy with it.

The ultimate takeaway is that rushing doesn't result in a good game. Whatever work philosophy they use, the developers should take their time.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

I don't get why they even bother with an announcement like this, when they literally don't even have a cinematic trailer to show us. 

Anyhow, I'm glad they're making a new BioShock, but since it's being made by a brand new dev, Ken Levine isn't involved, and 2K is basically mini-EA, I don't have high hopes for this obvious cash-in on a franchise that already ended just fine. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

As a huge Bioshock fan, I'm anxious and worried all at the same time.  The fact that Ken Levine is not involved in the game at all is worrisome from the story perspective, but the fact they're taking their time with it like they did between Bioshock 1 and Infinite (with 2 made by a different studio in between) means there's hope it could turn out to be a good game.  So hopefully it turns out to be a solid game, it sounds like they're putting significant resources into its' development, but as mentioned above, let's hope this doesn't turn into another Mass Effect: Andromeda situation, where a horrifically sub-par release demolishes a franchise (peoples' opinions of 3's ending aside, they did fix that sort of, and the game itself was still incredible).

13 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

I don't get why they even bother with an announcement like this, when they literally don't even have a cinematic trailer to show us. 

Anyhow, I'm glad they're making a new BioShock, but since it's being made by a brand new dev, Ken Levine isn't involved, and 2K is basically mini-EA, I don't have high hopes for this obvious cash-in on a franchise that already ended just fine. 

I'm just waiting for it to be cancelled.

#Muricaparrotgang