Hire Madison!!!

SmilerOnline
43 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It kept bothering me that I didn't actually remember what her job was, so I dusted off my Twitter account and asked.

You up'n'asked her, lol. I would have just scrubbed though a couple old videos. Now she knows a chunk of us barely remember what she did or her name (I did manage to remember it was Max).

I guess I only have myself to blame. I'm the one who brought her up in this thread to begin with...

3 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

@Windows7ge   @dizmo

It kept bothering me that I didn't actually remember what her job was, so I dusted off my Twitter account and asked.

Screenshot_20191124-080523.thumb.jpg.1978bc70c1c514f78f6f448dba27579a.jpg

Now I feel slightly bad! But only slightly...considering she doesn't even know who I am. I was so sure I was right with my Grip guess lol 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Hi,

I'm starting a new thread because this is both a Medison and a Channel super fun post.

So Linus said in the WAN show that he will not hire Madison just like that because there is no position and she have to interview.

BUT, since the super fun channel is still not reviewed why not give her a chance there?
Interview her, make a couple of super fun videos with her. 

If works out, everybody is happy, Madison is hired, and super fun is back.

If not, then no harm done other that super fun stays quiet.

Channel super fun really needs reviving.

I've come to Linus's channels because of some random tech video 1 year ago, but I stayed and watched every videos since because of the super fun.

I didn't cared too much about the gadgets, but the other videos gave me a more personal feeling to the crew, like a soap opera, I was curious what happens with the guys next.

Honestly I had mixed feeling about Nick because sometimes he come off as a bully and I didnt like that, but he was charismatic and it gave the channels a certain push.

Now that is where Madison can be a good fit I think.

If we indeed saw her personality in My most painful PC Build and not just a script.

Cheers,

KG

19 minutes ago, KacsiGugu said:

Hi,

I'm starting a new thread because this is both a Medison and a Channel super fun post.

Yeah, well, this subject doesn't need multiple threads, so merged to the original.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Tbh I’d probably ask her if she wants a job there first. I’d be little creeped out if there was a huge post on the forum about me, maybe out off, albeit good sentiment. 

I think people sometimes forget LTT is (badly) scripted. 

1 hour ago, floofer said:

I’d be little creeped out if there was a huge post on the forum about me, maybe out off, albeit good sentiment. 

the thirst in the forum is fucking creepy. 

she was amusing for a single episode, but honestly if they actually hired her, she would get really annoying, really fast. 

perfect for a one-off, terrible for an FTE.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I just saw the video after seeing this thread at the top too many times. And... wow that was quite something. WAY too sarcastic and annoying, why do ya'll want her to be hired, because she's "funny" and knows memes? Is it because you're crushing on her and want to see more of her? Or is it the "shade" she kept throwing at Linus? She doesn't know anything about computers (according to the video) and she won't be on camera like all you want her to. 

Also, Linus was more funny than her.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:42 PM, SmilerOnline said:

Lol, I think that they should duo and throw some banter each way with each other!

Just like Top Gear, it started for the cars but people often enjoy it for the banter with a few cars thrown in, I think that this would work well here! :)

I knew there was a series that this episode reminded me of - that series indeed was Top Gear, but I couldn't remember this at the time, so thank you. Although I enjoy performing basic maintenance on my car and installing car audio (speakers, amps, subwoofers, & wiring), I'm really not a huge car guy. However, it was the playful bickering between Clarkson, Hammond, & May that kept me coming back for more, and that's exactly what made this episode of ROG Rig Reboot one of the most entertaining videos LTT has created to date.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

the thirst in the forum is fucking creepy. 

she was amusing for a single episode, but honestly if they actually hired her, she would get really annoying, really fast. 

perfect for a one-off, terrible for an FTE.

I fully disagree, but to each their own.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Im curious as to what all the people wanting her hired expect her to be hired for?

Do you know if she has video editing skills? Recording skills? Writing skills? etc.

She seemed to have a good personality from what i saw (i didnt watch most of the video) but why anyone would think having a good personality is enough to justify hiring her is beyond me.

Sure linus and co could train her.....but why would a busy company want to pay to train someone when theres literally hundreds of thousands of skilled people out there that dont need trained? If it takes them 3 months to train her (which more then likely it would take a lot longer to train her unless she has prior skills)  that means they would be spending thousands in salary, income tax, insurance, etc but also paying another employee to train her.

All of it makes no sense at all.

I would think that it wouldn't be a good idea, first of all, no one actually knows whether she would like to take the opportunity and it probably unlikely as she would have to leave her country and move somewhere rather far away from loved ones but also quit on any career plans and education. Also LTT requires their employees to have the skills they need and they never needed nor hired someone solely based on their performance on camera, so for example, at the moment they need an accounting manager, camera operator and video editor or a Full-Time Grip & Art Department and while not 100% certain, I do not believe Madison does meet the requirements for any of these jobs and Linus would not want to spend extra money and time to train someone to then hire them when they can just hire someone who is qualified for the job.

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Also LTT requires their employees to have

..........work permits for working in canada, if they are in canada to work

also to live nearby in order to work at linus tech tippies

the on going saga of #hiremadison

On 11/25/2019 at 3:55 AM, RonnieOP said:

Im curious as to what all the people wanting her hired expect her to be hired for?

Do you know if she has video editing skills? Recording skills? Writing skills? etc.

She seemed to have a good personality from what i saw (i didnt watch most of the video) but why anyone would think having a good personality is enough to justify hiring her is beyond me.

Sure linus and co could train her.....but why would a busy company want to pay to train someone when theres literally hundreds of thousands of skilled people out there that dont need trained? If it takes them 3 months to train her (which more then likely it would take a lot longer to train her unless she has prior skills)  that means they would be spending thousands in salary, income tax, insurance, etc but also paying another employee to train her.

All of it makes no sense at all.

Graphic design.

Regardless of what a person knows, every company has a certain way they do things, and every employee will always require some amount of training.

On 11/25/2019 at 5:48 AM, AndreiArgeanu said:

I would think that it would be a good idea, first of all, no one actually knows whether she would like to take the opportunity and it probably unlikely as she would have to leave her country and move somewhere rather far away from loved ones but also quit on any career plans and education. Also LTT requires their employees to have the skills they need and they never needed nor hired someone solely based on their performance on camera, so for example, at the moment they need an accounting manager, camera operator and video editor or a Full-Time Grip & Art Department and while not 100% certain, I do not believe Madison does meet the requirements for any of these jobs and Linus would not want to spend extra money and time to train someone to then hire them when they can just hire someone who is qualified for the job.

She's Canadian, so it'd be more like coming home.

They also have a posting for Graphic Design.

Edited by LogicalDrm
Collateral

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

*snip*

They also hire a social media manager but that still isn't relevant because to be a graphics designer at LTT they require, which again, while not 100%, she probably does not meet the requirements.

Required:

• 2+ years of visual design experience

• Advanced proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign

• Passion for graphic art & illustration

• Understanding of visual identity graphic design

• Strong design portfolio

• Interest in technology & digital content creation

• Ability to work independently or in a team environment

• Positive attitude

5 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

They also hire a social media manager but that still isn't relevant because to be a graphics designer at LTT they require, which again, while not 100%, she probably does not meet the requirements.

Required:

• 2+ years of visual design experience

• Strong design portfolio

The only one of those I see being an issue is design experience and perhaps a portfolio, though those are usually built up even through schooling.

But it's a moot argument since we don't know either way.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

50 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Graphic design.

Regardless of what a person knows, every company has a certain way they do things, and every employee will always require some amount of training.

She's Canadian, so it'd be more like coming home.

They also have a posting for Graphic Design.

That's kind of uncalled for and immature.

Again....do you know she has any sort of design experience? Has she ever used photoshop?

Yes every place will have training as to how they do things around the place. but not training for the skill you were hired to do. Unless you personally know a higher up I dont see any tech business hiring someone with no experience. especially when theres more people educated and trained in the tech field than there are jobs.

Ford doesnt find people off the street and hire them and train them to be mechanics. They hire people who have experience/training as a mechanic.

No company is going to pay thousands and thousands to train someone thats never done the job before. It makes literally no sense.

I cover all those points and way more, and still, even if having a work permit, and more importantly, desire to move to Canada (great country, I just like my own and its 114 º F , lol) I would not be able to work there. Because it seems that every worker there needs to kind of be comfortable in front of the camera, be funny and all. I don't know... I could say I find ONE person like that (btw, I found her funny and smart) per every 30 or 35 colleagues in the nerd world that is IT. For some reason, it's more often found among graphics/audio people (in my experience at least) than coders and system folks. And the majority is like me : A freaking nerd that can pass X hours in front of a graphic, 3D model or piece of code without realizing there's a world outside. And really, really bad in front of the camera or even less, telling a joke. Or ultra shy... and I don't mean not being social or team players... Most, we are social as otherwise you can't last at any company, seen horrid cases... but being funny or charismatic is a very rare ingredient, very hard to find among geeks (she uses Blender: that's geek's steps)... IMO. Anyway, there is a literal ton of things we don't know about the case. Like which is her skill level ...I insist, there are rare geniuses, but at 20 and having to attend regular school, is very complex to find an already functional top pro. She could have great skills for her age and yet that not being enough, or... if is there some bureaucracy issue for her to finally move there, etc (she was applying for a job at LTT, so let's assume she DOES want to work there). Or that they already have some candidate in mind (those processes are usually long), but obviously that's kept private, etc, etc. Or even, that she is going to be hired but they prefer to maintain the tension for a bigger impact in certain future video. I found not just her, but the two of them there... funny. Almost as a father way too patient with her daughter. And I have to say... I don't see how can she be described as cringy.

17 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Again....do you know she has any sort of design experience? Has she ever used photoshop?

-snip-

No company is going to pay thousands and thousands to train someone thats never done the job before. It makes literally no sense.

She's a graphic designer, that's what she went to school for, so yes, I imagine she would.

Not entirely true, while LMG might not, I know several companies that have hired people with no skills and paid for their education because they saw potential.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

She's a graphic designer, that's what she went to school for, so yes, I imagine she would.

Not entirely true, while LMG might not, I know several companies that have hired people with no skills and paid for their education because they saw potential.

You might know some. But the vast majority wont. Esp in the tech field where everyone and there mom has education/training in the tech field to the point where people with degrees are bartending because for every open job theres 100 capable applicants.

4 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

You might know some. But the vast majority wont. Esp in the tech field where everyone and there mom has education/training in the tech field to the point where people with degrees are bartending because for every open job theres 100 capable applicants.

Yeah. It also has a lot to do with the individual. If most were willing to relocate there's an opportunity for them, you just don't always start out in the city you want. A friend of mine went to school for dental hygienist, and then law, both markets too saturated for him to get a job...because he wasn't willing to relocate. I think it should be more like some Scandinavian countries where I'd they don't need anyone in that sector, they either don't pay for your schooling or don't let you take it. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Actually... Is not the usual thing, but sometimes one gets contracted if the sum of skills on a number of matters is fine even if not covering everything required (BTW, in the LTT graphic design offer, what is requested is very spot-on, and no nonsense there, but in MANY companies' job offers it is requested way too many things, also from other profiles (like coding in python to a graphic designer, or asking a coder to be able to model in 3D, that's stupidity, but happens), so, one needs not to be scared of that), or even just if specially excel in one matter, even if not covering a bunch of others. I believe I've learnt entire profiles at companies. And  there's the internship possibility. I was once at a company where we were like 5 contracted for experience and stuff, but after some months, the company needed massive work force for coding and admin, and took like 20 internships, and a number of those ended working fully employed at the company or went to other places, finding better paid contracts. Most were students of last years, tho IT careers. But none had experience, and most of them could not really code. At small businesses (3 to 20 workers) is way more likely to happen. Not everything is Google and Silicon Valley in this world...My first company in 95 did pick this grunt 'cause I could draw, and the second because I could handle Photoshop. All I mean is, you never know. She said she handles Blender, and probably she also uses Photoshop or something similar. With that you might get into some jobs already.

On 11/23/2019 at 1:58 AM, dizmo said:

There were a couple of moments where you could see Linus got a bit short with her, but overall I think he was really enjoying himself. You could see him genuinely smiling through quite a few parts. Why would you assume she wouldn't be in videos?

The part of her not being in videos was from a comment on my post. I was answering a question, that she was funny based on interaction with Linus and that is all we know about her. This doesnt explain any credentials that LTT would care about. That decision/process is up to LTT and the hiring team/Linus. Putting up a petition to hire someone based on a small snip-it of interactions isnt best practices. 

16 hours ago, PixelPol said:

Actually... Is not the usual thing, but sometimes one gets contracted if the sum of skills on a number of matters is fine even if not covering everything required (BTW, in the LTT graphic design offer, what is requested is very spot-on, and no nonsense there, but in MANY companies' job offers it is requested way too many things, also from other profiles (like coding in python to a graphic designer, or asking a coder to be able to model in 3D, that's stupidity, but happens), so, one needs not to be scared of that), or even just if specially excel in one matter, even if not covering a bunch of others. I believe I've learnt entire profiles at companies. And  there's the internship possibility. I was once at a company where we were like 5 contracted for experience and stuff, but after some months, the company needed massive work force for coding and admin, and took like 20 internships, and a number of those ended working fully employed at the company or went to other places, finding better paid contracts. Most were students of last years, tho IT careers. But none had experience, and most of them could not really code. At small businesses (3 to 20 workers) is way more likely to happen. Not everything is Google and Silicon Valley in this world...My first company in 95 did pick this grunt 'cause I could draw, and the second because I could handle Photoshop. All I mean is, you never know. She said she handles Blender, and probably she also uses Photoshop or something similar. With that you night get into some jobs already.

I'll agree that a lot of jobs ramp their requirements up to 11 and think that's a good enough filter. In my experience, the real qualifications for a good employee are seen a bit on the interview, and a lot once they're already hired. That's why I think the things to look for out of an employee are subtle, and recommendations from people who have a good eye for talented /  hard working people are so powerful.

Hell, I'd hire you off the back of correctly nesting parentheses ?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

12 hours ago, GodSeph said:

that she was funny based on interaction with Linus

human interactions is a big part of fitting into a work enviroment

worth ethic is a big part as well

getting along with your fellow workers and supervisors and head honchos too is very important

the ability to learn new things and how quickly you grasp and can work on your own

no one wants to teach the same thing to a person 3 times on everything, or a few things

no one wants to work with a downer or someone who isnt good to work with

the enviroment of the workplace is a big deal