Hire Madison!!!

SmilerOnline

Hell yeah hire her she was great!

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

She's cute and she seems to do well in front of camera. Others that are now regulars felt a lot more clumsy at first, until they've done several videos and relaxed a bit. I guess she's just natural. I also liked how she murdered Linus with words few times. :)

8 hours ago, Peerless Girl said:

All that aside, you can't fake chemistry like that. It's also true (IMO) that she's the best co-host Linus has ever had (as much as I love Luke). Just because no one HAS been hired to be in front of the camera to this point doesn't mean someone CAN'T be hired to do this. Perhaps he should move outside the box and hire someone to do that, rather than prepping some other crew to do a (sub par) job at it? (Riley not-withstanding, and Luke has gained it over the years). This girl starts off as more of a natural than anyone he's had before, and has nowhere to go but up. You're also assuming she doesn't have additional skills, which clearly she does in the artistic sense. You're welcome to be as pessimistic as you like, but the rest of us are gonna stick with #HireMadison. :P 

First of all, you are mixing pessimistic with realistic. I did say that I don't see she being the next hire, they don't really need more hosts for being just hosts. I don't think they need graphic designer either as that was hired in last recruitment spree. What they need are producers and more backbone for the company to let Linus be more involved in videos. Or, if we would take another route, they would hire hosts that can do it standalone. You talk about chemistry. Well, if she needs counterpart to be great, she's really not that useful. Hiring someone as mainly host would mean that Linus can step back to more managing/business position.

So, as a realistic take, just because she was crowd favorite in one video isn't enough to get her hired. Not now at least, maybe in future when Linus has got some idea where company is going. If they are just now looking for someone to work as community manager, and only hire more writers/camera people, going for pure hosts is still far in future.

Previous new hires, btw...

Spoiler

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

People can show their support that they liked the video but I do not think the interactions where what LTT usually has nor the same flow. The video had some weird parts where it looked like both parties are trying to get through the video but it also shows them sort of playing off each other. But alot of the time you see X comment made by guest and Linus not saying anything. Their humor is very different, and style of joke delivery are different. Linus has made comments about his knowledge or lack thereof popular memes/terminology and how others in the office are younger. but its never a forced interaction and the comments are usually lighthearted and part of the video. The video alot of the jokes were offbeat and "random". I do enjoy the humor but I do also want to learn something and not be forced to listen to weird off color comments about parts/funny jokes.  -IMO

All in all we are not LTT and we have no say in if X person is qualified to work at LTT or not. She could be an amazing person but not a right fit for LTT, and that doesn't mean that LTT or Madison are bad. If they do or do not choose any hiring I have confidence they are choosing the correct people for them and not what some people want bc 1 video had some funny parts. 

I miss the days of trying to find Slick silhouettes with things on his head. 

IMO they could use a "real" host, I think *you're* confusing pessimistic with realistic, but that's my opinion. There's a fine line. You may think what you like, and I will think what I like, and continue to support an awesome human being in doing what she loves. For all I know she doesn't WANT to work there anymore, only she knows. She has said, the same as Linus did that she "cannot speak about anything going on with LTT" so...that tells me she may be under NDA. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, GodSeph said:

I do not think the interactions where what LTT usually has nor the same flow.

Definitely not, but that's the point - it introduced a twist/change from usual that actually came out good and seemed like more of it would be enjoyable. She would likely not be able to host on her own and come out any good, but she pushed Linus into an awkward position and he managed to stay right on the razor-thin line between cringing and being annoyed and still having fun anyway all the way through, which made the thing a delight. 

I doubt he actually enjoyed it, but from a viewer's point of view it worked to perfection. For sure one of the most entertaining LTT videos I've seen.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Definitely not, but that's the point - it introduced a twist/change from usual that actually came out good and seemed like more of it would be enjoyable. She would likely not be able to host on her own and come out any good, but she pushed Linus into an awkward position and he managed to stay right on the razor-thin line between cringing and being annoyed and still having fun anyway all the way through, which made the thing a delight. 

I doubt he actually enjoyed it, but from a viewer's point of view it worked to perfection. For sure one of the most entertaining LTT videos I've seen.

I guess its my age showing as I believe i am around the same age as Linus. It seemed very forced and the "awkward" feeling wasnt pleasant to watch. but thats my opinion. When people see this video and ask her to be hired it would be under the assumption to be a host to play off of Linus as that is one of the main points is their interaction. If she isnt in any videos why would it matter if she was hired or not since you wouldnt know?

I'm also around the same age, and as I mentioned in my last line he likely didn't have a lot of fun (the YT title even says it :P) and as I said it was VERY close to going over the edge and becoming awkward but Linus always managed to twist it, but her reaction would work to keep it there instead of blowing it completely which would have been just as easy. 

When you get 2 people on the edge and both manage to keep things on the "right side" it's 4x better.

I doubt it would work in the longer run - but I'd like to see whether it does :P

The way Linus handled it gives him yet another load of points in my view though, that wouldn't have been easy but it was perfect.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 hours ago, Velcade said:

Hire her just because the ROG video made you laugh?  This isn't Linus Clown Tips.  

She had great chemistry with Linus. I usually don't watch long videos, but this one was easy to sit through. It was just a good time and one of the best videos they have but up in a really long time. I think that variety is good and she added some variety with her humor and charm.

On 11/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, amdorintel said:

im sure linus needs a beautiful girl on staff and in front of camera, but she'd need to have the smarts and the charisma too

it makes logical sense

the sad thing is, she knows barely anything about computers ? maybe she can be like Lyle from bitwit doing a pc build.

Just now, redbread123 said:

the sad thing is, she knows barely anything about computers ? maybe she can be like Lyle from bitwit doing a pc build.

no need anyways, as she can just read from the teleprompter as linus itches his sack

Just now, amdorintel said:

no need anyways, as she can just read from the teleprompter as linus itches his sack

huh? what

2 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

huh? what

linus would always reach down, under the table while looking straight at the camera

its his "device" used to scroll down the teleprompter

On 11/20/2019 at 3:09 PM, SmilerOnline said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8NFhjj0bUk

https://www.change.org/p/ltt-hire-madison-from-rog-rig-reboot-4eea5091-e8c2-4a64-96e0-ee9452d2a8d6

Madison was responsible for what I would officially title 'my favourite ever LTT video', f*ck the diversity card, she is just totally great based on merit alone!

If LTT don't hire her then they are gonna lose out big time, as I reckon that no matter how boring the weeks news, she could make it great!!! :)

If you're reading this Madison, great banter on the show and I wish you all the best in the future! :)

I'm glad you liked the video a lot!! : )

13 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Let see what she thinks about all this attention. What do you think @Suop?

I can only say that I appreciate the support that has being going on, and the kind words I have received. So thank you LTT viewers for enjoying my personality and memes.

1 hour ago, Suop said:

I can only say that I appreciate the support that has being going on, and the kind words I have received. So thank you LTT viewers for enjoying my personality and memes.

I did, and I do, it was heavily refreshing. You're a refreshing person who isn't afraid to be who she is, and that's awesome. I know you don't need me to say it, but, there you go. Regardless of anything, I want to see what you end up doing!

1 hour ago, Peerless Girl said:

I did, and I do, it was heavily refreshing. You're a refreshing person who isn't afraid to be who she is, and that's awesome. I know you don't need me to say it, but, there you go. Regardless of anything, I want to see what you end up doing!

I feel like if you could put up with four hours of me drawing an egg on stream and still think that. You could probably put up with anything!

Probably the most entertaining person thats been on LTT not going to lie. Up to you if that means I think you're funny or if the other hosts suck. 

She's a graphic designer, and just because they have one, doesn't mean they can't use two. My lady is a graphic artist, and I actually showed her the job listing back when they posted it, but we're not keen to move to Canada at this point. Based on how it is at her work where she is the ONLY fully qualified graphic artist (she's got a degree and tons of experience), it is a royal PITA when she wants to take a day or two off, let alone a week long vacation.

Madison is a gamer too, so she's got another thing that fits right in.

She's articulate enough, funny, and comfortable in front of the camera. She's also younger than most of the staff, and a bit more in touch with that demographic.

Lots of good reasons to hire her, and the only obstruction I can see is that as a contest winner, there might be some embargo for a given period of time. If there isn't - then do it.

Look, just because everyone wants her in the team does not mean that she will be hired. This is a decision that's not up to us, so everyone please just hold your horses and have some patience.

"Rome wasn't built in a day."