Black Friday

Coopermar
14 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

You can look up past BF deals for pc parts. they arent great. and going through them i still dont see how anyone would save $500 on a build.

You can't look up past BF deals on eBay. And that is where you can save even more than $500 on a build. And If you've been using eBay for well over a decade, it's easy as pie. Some people actually make an extra living doing it and don't even bother building. Check eBay in December. Multiple sellers sell the exact same parts they snagged on BF. And I mean the exact same parts over and over. They make a killing this time of the year. You should try it. I'd list some examples but they're not allowed here.

7 hours ago, Intransigent said:

You can't look up past BF deals on eBay. And that is where you can save even more than $500 on a build. And If you've been using eBay for well over a decade, it's easy as pie. Some people actually make an extra living doing it and don't even bother building. Check eBay in December. Multiple sellers sell the exact same parts they snagged on BF. And I mean the exact same parts over and over. They make a killing this time of the year. You should try it. I'd list some examples but they're not allowed here.

But nobody is buying something on BF and then selling it at a loss. If an ebay seller buys x for $150 on BF they arent going to sell it for $120 (on top of paying 20% to ebay and paypal). If anything they would buy a $200 item on BF for $150 and then turn around and sell it for $180.

They have to make a profit in order to keep doing it.

4 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

But nobody is buying something on BF and then selling it at a loss.

No clue why anyone would do that.

If an ebay seller buys x for $150 on BF they arent going to sell it for $120 (on top of paying 20% to ebay and paypal).

Why sell it for less? They'd sell it for what it's valued at outside of sale dates such as BF. Which is... more. And it's not 20% in eBay/PayPal fees, it's 10+4.5(14.5%) or less if you are a top rated seller.

If anything they would buy a $200 item on BF for $150 and then turn around and sell it for $180.

Or what it sells for left and right. Which is, again, more. Research what things sell for and how often they sell before buying them and you never risk loss.

They have to make a profit in order to keep doing it.

Precisely. Buy low, sell high. In bulk if possible. I hope this helps in some shape or form.

2 hours ago, Intransigent said:

No clue why anyone would do that.

Why sell it for less? They'd sell it for what it's valued at outside of sale dates such as BF. Which is... more. And it's not 20% in eBay/PayPal fees, it's 10+4.5(14.5%) or less if you are a top rated seller.

Or what it sells for left and right. Which is, again, more. Research what things sell for and how often they sell before buying them and you never risk loss.

Precisely. Buy low, sell high. In bulk if possible. I hope this helps in some shape or form.

Your not making any sense here. This convo was about saving money on a build by buying on black friday. How is someone going to save $500 on black friday via ebay? Ebay does have black friday deals but they arent anything special.

You brought up people selling on ebay.....im confused as to what that has to do with anything.

Look at the black friday deals out there. What in the world would they be buyng thats discounted so much that they can sell it on ebay and make a killing?

People obv are not buying things on ebay for what they would get it at the store for. so lets be generous and say they will buy it at 15% less. and then you add in the 15% ebay takes. so thats 30% the ebay seller has lost already. not to mention they paid sales tax on it. in my state thats 7%. Thats 37% the ebay seller is losing on the deal, and thats if the buyer is willing to pay shipping. if not that could be another 1-5% cost right there.

So to even make any sort of money off the product it would have to of been purchased at damn near 50% off on BF to be worth it (and id argue that doing all that work for a 13% profit isnt worth it at all. much faster and easier ways of making money). Looking at black friday deals i dont see any deal that is anywhere near 50% off.

So im just confused about what your getting at here.

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

So im just confused about what your getting at here.

The numbers and generosities you've created differ heavily from others. I've never had nor seen any similar eBay transactions to what you've described in any way.

If you'd like to clear up any confusion on this subject, just message me directly. I'm more than happy to answer your questions(all of them) there.

Getting into what I've already gotten at isn't going to help with this thread. While doing so may be gratifying, it's rarely praised by anyone except the people involved(in this case, me and you). So imo it's best discussed via private message.

12 hours ago, Intransigent said:

The numbers and generosities you've created differ heavily from others. I've never had nor seen any similar eBay transactions to what you've described in any way.

If you'd like to clear up any confusion on this subject, just message me directly. I'm more than happy to answer your questions(all of them) there.

Getting into what I've already gotten at isn't going to help with this thread. While doing so may be gratifying, it's rarely praised by anyone except the people involved(in this case, me and you). So imo it's best discussed via private message.

I mean its pretty simple concept.

How would one save $500 on a build via ebay on bf? Ebays deals are nothing  special and few of the shops on there participate.

And what would someone be buying and "making a killing on". My numbers all add up easily outside of sales tax which depends on your state. 

5 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

How would one save $500 on a build via ebay on bf? Ebays deals are nothing  special and few of the shops on there participate. And what would someone be buying and "making a killing on". My numbers all add up easily outside of sales tax which depends on your state. 

Hey guys, so what I'm asking is when will companies like Newegg and Amazon release their BF sales? Canada Computers already put out their sales (just says below the price -promo valid from Nov__ to Dec__). Do places like Memory Express, Newegg, and Amazon do the same? Or is it a wait until BF and have a mad scramble?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 minute ago, Statik said:

Hey guys, so what I'm asking is when will companies like Newegg and Amazon release their BF sales? Canada Computers already put out their sales (just says below the price -promo valid from Nov__ to Dec__). Do places like Memory Express, Newegg, and Amazon do the same? Or is it a wait until BF and have a mad scramble?

Newegg Black Friday Deals are already live.

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

Here's a reddit thread. They update it every time theres a new flyer released

Though I'm pretty sure ME is just putting their sales out without any previews or flyers

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 minutes ago, ddennis002 said:

Newegg Black Friday Deals are already live.

I figured it was all pre-black friday?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 minutes ago, Statik said:

I figured it was all pre-black friday?

Nope, full ad in effect until cyber monday.

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

1 minute ago, ddennis002 said:

Nope, full ad in effect until cyber monday.

Alright. I'm dumb. Thanks. So pretty much everywhere is live or listed except for memory express it seems. I wish they'd list theirs so I could just buy my rig already.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Canada Computers sale goes live on the 29th.rhey have the list up, it's not on sale yet. 

Memory Express lists their sale at midnight EST tonight. 

I've gotta say, Mike's Computer Shop has the stupidest way to do Black Friday. Secret pricing? Sorry, I'm not waiting on the off chance it's a good deal...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Tbh pre BF deals in Germany were horrible so far... Some items like hard-drives even went up in price,  some significantly even.

And most deals are like "0.15 € off!"

Lol,  what a steal! 

Maybe it's getting better now but I doubt it...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 11/24/2019 at 10:21 PM, RonnieOP said:

What case was $100 off for BF? id have to see that to believe it.

And if that is true that still leaves $300 in savings youd have to get from a mobo, cpu, ram, video card, and psu. Youd have to save an average of $60 on each part and ive never seen that amount of savings. And i was doing black friday back when you had to get to best buy at 9pm thursday night and camp out till 6am.

I just bought a new rig and I saved

$90 on CPU

$110 on GPU

$330 on monitor

$25 on AIO

plus a few bucks here and there on ram, case, etc

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

4 hours ago, Statik said:

I just bought a new rig and I saved

$90 on CPU

$110 on GPU

$330 on monitor

$25 on AIO

plus a few bucks here and there on ram, case, etc

Well this is a thread to help people score deals so mind posting what you bought?

Esp  the $330 off a monitor deal.

40 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Well this is a thread to help people score deals so mind posting what you bought?

Esp  the $330 off a monitor deal.

Here's all my deals, I was at work on mobile earlier so I couldn't post

3800x

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07SXMZLPJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (It was $396 this morning when I bought it)

2080 Super

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX78247 (Out of stock online)

AIO

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX71868

Monitor

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0798Q8KG4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (It appears to have sold out, it's back up to $1400 and only available from 3rd party sellers.)

Mobo

https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E16813119198?Item=N82E16813119198&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-CAN&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-CAN&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker&AFFID=2558510&AFFNAME=PCPartPicker&ACRID=1&ASID=https%3a%2f%2fca.pcpartpicker.com%2fproduct%2fwhMTwP%2fasus-tuf-gaming-x570-plus-atx-am4-motherboard-tuf-gaming-x570-plus&ranMID=44589&ranEAID=2558510&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-.1O6TeLtiHBKNYwG5qrpAA

Sorry the good ones are gone.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

? ? ? ? Why bother?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!