Games have became boring lately

MayCris

I dont know about you guys, but ive been thinking about all these new games that are coming out like the new Rage 2 where every single mission seems like youre just doing the same thing over and over again. Idk maybe its just me. Im not saying every single game im just saying some types of games are getting old, like the open world games where they focus on gameplay and leave the story aside and become so boring and repetitive like Days Gone, World War Z, Far Cry 5 (which the characters I actually liked but most of the missions seem really repetitive), Anthem, The division 2. idk its just like my opinion and im just talking about single player games/coop. And if anyone has any recomendations?

5 minutes ago, MayCris said:

And if anyone has any recomendations?

Prey(2017), Bioshock series

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I personally feel the same way

I really liked God of War (2018) and Yakuza since they were different while being story heavy 

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

1 minute ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

I really liked God of War (2018) and Yakuza since they were different while being story heavy 

Then you'll like the news that there's going to be a sequel for God of War on the PS5, and I think I new Yakuza-game was also in development.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Then you'll like the news that there's going to be a sequel for God of War on the PS5, and I think I new Yakuza-game was also in development.

Theres always new stuff with Yakuza. Judgment and 7 are on the way

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

12 minutes ago, MayCris said:

I dont know about you guys, but ive been thinking about all these new games that are coming out like the new Rage 2

Not me. I find plenty of fun and/or interesting games being released very frequently. Then again, I look at more games than just big AAA-titles and I happen to like games in multiple genres.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

I havent played God of War the newest one, i heard it was really good. idk but also the characters lately in these games is like we play like some whatever dude and we never get to care about them or anything.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Not me. I find plenty of fun and/or interesting games being released very frequently. Then again, I look at more games than just big AAA-titles and I happen to like games in multiple genres.

Do you have any recommendations?

9 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Minecraft can be pretty fun

I was thinking about playing that again. i used to play it with mods and stuff and it was fun haha.

1 minute ago, MayCris said:

Do you have any recommendations?

Not in the open-world genre, no.

Not sure what genres you like the most, but here some I recall enjoying the most.

Okami

Hollow Knight

Batman: Arkham Asylum

BioShock series

Brutal Legends

Darksiders II

Cthulhu Saves the World (fair warning, very retro style art, but the humor)

Dead Space

SOMA (gameplay is lacking, but the story makes ya think)

The Talos Principle

7 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Same.  Actually, I am currently more hype over an indie game and studio atm.  Team Cherry made one lovely gem with Hollow Knight.

I still need to pick up Celeste.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

AAA games reuse the same cycles of the past and pray constantly that this isnt the year we're finally fed up.
This is why i typically fall in with sandbox-type games, especially when mods are supported.
Space Engineers is a great example. Vanilla, its pretty fun; you can get plenty of hours experimenting with the building and physics; but eventually you will get bored, join a server with a community, trading, and plenty of other improvements, and it's like playing an entirely new game.
ARK is another great example of a community-driven game, as well as mods.
Prey is a great solo game, you can play the game 20 times and always approach objectives differently, probably have different outcomes too.

But overall i agree, most games ARE boring. i have a small chunk of hope regarding Ghost Recon Breakpoint, but i'm sure even that will grow old eventually, as all AAA games do with a severe lack of a modding community, as well as the HORRIBLE services they have been providing us...

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Not in the open-world genre, no.

I mean in general. Like any game

3 minutes ago, DeathsEye8640 said:

AAA games reuse the same cycles of the past and pray constantly that this isnt the year we're finally fed up.
This is why i typically fall in with sandbox-type games, especially when mods are supported.
Space Engineers is a great example. Vanilla, its pretty fun; you can get plenty of hours experimenting with the building and physics; but eventually you will get bored, join a server with a community, trading, and plenty of other improvements, and it's like playing an entirely new game.
ARK is another great example of a community-driven game, as well as mods.
Prey is a great solo game, you can play the game 20 times and always approach objectives differently, probably have different outcomes too.

But overall i agree, most games ARE boring. i have a small chunk of hope regarding Ghost Recon Breakpoint, but i'm sure even that will grow old eventually, as all AAA games do with a severe lack of a modding community, as well as the HORRIBLE services they have been providing us...

modding community always make everything better. Awesome games were made based on the mods. Wait Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a new game? i thought it was like a DLC or something.

14 minutes ago, MayCris said:

modding community always make everything better. Awesome games were made based on the mods.

I suppose I am in the minority, but I don't bother modding my games, unless they're some community-made fixes for bugs. Otherwise, I just fail to find the fun in modding.

20 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Actually, my currently more hype over an indie game and studio atm

The nice thing about indie-devs is that they are much more free to experiment with new ideas and they're not beholden to some shareholders dictating how to make bland games. Sure, I don't like 90% of all the indie-games out there, but there are still plenty of wonderful ones as well, like e.g. some of my favourite indie-titles:

• ATOM RPG
  • Witcher 3
  • Frostpunk
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
  • Oxygen Not Included
  • realMyst (though, this one I am looking through the nostalgia-coloured glasses)
  • Rimworld
  • Wasteland - series
  • Valiant Hearts - The Great War (I'm not 100% sure it's an indie, but I think so)

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

The nice thing about indie-devs is that they are much more free to experiment with new ideas and they're not beholden to some shareholders dictating how to make bland games. Sure, I don't like 90% of all the indie-games out there, but there are still plenty of wonderful ones as well, like e.g. some of my favourite indie-titles:

• ATOM RPG
  • Witcher 3
  • Frostpunk
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
  • Oxygen Not Included
  • realMyst (though, this one I am looking through the nostalgia-coloured glasses)
  • Rimworld
  • Wasteland - series

I have yet to touch any of those.

Most the indies I play are the smaller retro style ones.  Or, 2D types like: Enter the Gungeon, Hollow Knight, Cave Story+, etc.  Or, I find some of the old school top down Zelda games (Ages and Seasons are still my top favs from that).

I did play the first Witcher.  I like the story but disliked the gameplay (I read the books).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, MayCris said:

Idk maybe its just me.

It's not just you. Video games become repetitive over time, I don't care what you're playing. Gamers want variety. We want anything and everything to happen before our eyes. The trick is to treat games like they're movies. If you can play them with just one other person, they somehow become fresh again.

And if anyone has any recomendations?

There's hundreds of games in this world. Recommending them usually stems from what you've already played and enjoyed or not enjoyed. Even if you didn't enjoy certain games, sometimes, those exact same games you can enjoy if you get into them. Take Skyrim for example. I played it and didn't get into it when it first came out. Around 7 years later, I picked it up and the moment I "got into it", lets just say I went to bed pretty late for a good few weeks in a row. I couldn't put it down. But naturally, over time, I put it back down and haven't touched it much since.

My point is that you can enjoy pretty much any game provided you "get into it". I personally recommend games you already own. Pick one up that people praise and play it. Don't stop playing it until you get into it. Because once you're into it, putting it down will be tough. At least at first.

List the games you own and we can praise a select few for ya'. Then before you know it, you'll be into one of them in no time. 

1 hour ago, DeathsEye8640 said:

as all AAA games do with a severe lack of a modding community,

Tbh this is probably the biggest issue with the always online, DRM-locked down AAA titles nowdays. Modding is why stuff like the OG Battlefront II, Fallout 4, Skyrim, ARMA 3, etc are all still alive. Lack of modding leads to lack of replay value once you've played through all the stuff the devs put in the game. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

yes,I bought Assassin's Creed origins ,Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Monster hunter, Tom Clancy's The Division recently but no game palyed over 6 hours,  I won't refund but I won't start these games anymore. maybe I am too old(25) ?  I perfer to play with friends now, like dota2, CS:GO, I don't play well but I get fun

19 hours ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

Theres always new stuff with Yakuza. Judgment and 7 are on the way

but the focus is different compared to any other games, we play yakuza becoz of the side quest/ mini games~~ even if the actions/ story /maps are recycled

what about which games you have played many playthoughs(s) /new game+ ?

On 5/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, MayCris said:

I dont know about you guys, but ive been thinking about all these new games that are coming out like the new Rage 2 where every single mission seems like youre just doing the same thing over and over again. Idk maybe its just me. Im not saying every single game im just saying some types of games are getting old, like the open world games where they focus on gameplay and leave the story aside and become so boring and repetitive like Days Gone, World War Z, Far Cry 5 (which the characters I actually liked but most of the missions seem really repetitive), Anthem, The division 2. idk its just like my opinion and im just talking about single player games/coop. And if anyone has any recomendations?

Lol ... do you even realise what you are saying and the titles you are mentioning?

Been playing total war games and others for almost 20+ years now. Yes sometimes you get bored when you do much of the same game... the remedy is usually try something different...

go build yourself a city in cities Skyline... Go venture forth in a epic campaign in games such as pillars of eternity divinity 2 operencie and the many others the game is rich, try a wargame, warhammer for example has a skulls for the skulltrone sale atm on steam ... There you can find diablo type of games, war games such as total war of Battle Fleet .. 4x type of games such as gladius ... there is even a mad max type of game where you drive your warcar around an apocalyptic enviroment battling it out on the roadways with other cars, maybe you feel casual and decide to go with warhammer quest or Deathwatch not to mention the epic adventure that is brought to you by slitherine called armageddon ;)

On 5/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, Christiaan21-03 said:

Lol ... do you even realise what you are saying and the titles you are mentioning?

Been playing total war games and others for almost 20+ years now. Yes sometimes you get bored when you do much of the same game... the remedy is usually try something different...

go build yourself a city in cities Skyline... Go venture forth in a epic campaign in games such as pillars of eternity divinity 2 operencie and the many others the game is rich, try a wargame, warhammer for example has a skulls for the skulltrone sale atm on steam ... There you can find diablo type of games, war games such as total war of Battle Fleet .. 4x type of games such as gladius ... there is even a mad max type of game where you drive your warcar around an apocalyptic enviroment battling it out on the roadways with other cars, maybe you feel casual and decide to go with warhammer quest or Deathwatch not to mention the epic adventure that is brought to you by slitherine called armageddon ;)

Yeah ive tried some of those games. I guess my problem is im more of a FPS guy. Ive also tried Sim City and Cities Skylines but my point is that those are "old" games. Im more talking about the newer ones 2019. Like as of right now im not looking foward anything, most of the games that are coming out look more of the same to me, nothing fresh, nothing exciting. Obviously i could keep playing games like Half Life 1 and 2, or Black Ops (the first one), Warcraft (all of em) or Divinity 2 all day long. All of those games are awesome to me but thats not my point.

Yeah ive tried some of those games. I guess my problem is im more of a FPS guy. Ive also tried Sim City and Cities Skylines but my point is that those are "old" games. Im more talking about the newer ones 2019. Like as of right now im not looking foward anything, most of the games that are coming out look more of the same to me, nothing fresh, nothing exciting. Obviously i could keep playing games like Half Life 1 and 2, or Black Ops (the first one), Warcraft (all of em) or Divinity 2 all day long. All of those games are awesome to me but thats not my point.

Ah yea oke.... I might be thinking back to a similair discussions i was part of adressing the same point these last two weeks.
Rage 2 got demolished, best read ever was a guy from australia who bought some superdeluxe package for 130 aussie dollars and was soo mad that rage 2 was over in literally under 20 hours not to mention games such as Anthem... I'm guessing all attention atm is goin into preparing games for the new console release next year. That said Total War seems to be degrading too, not sure what Three Kingdoms will bring but i imagine a lot of whiners, correct or not. Games such as Nioh and bloodborn and alikes seem to be the place where its at at the moment. Later on this year Slitherine will release all kinds of new wargames but yea i'm drifting off here. So fps ..... first what comes to mind are the wolvenstein games, they should be oke right? Doom's launch was also pretty oke ... so yay for ID Bethesda and whatever studio i'm forgetting. Didn't far cry 5 rule too? 

I do have one question. Are the new games really that lame or could fatigue from the genre be at play too here? ( ofcourse if you happily p[lay the older titles i guess that answer is more then clear )