[OLD] PSU Tier List 3.0 (Legacy)

LienusLateTips
Go to solution Solved by MEC-777,
9 hours ago, OrionFOTL said:

The 650 and 750W units are made by Hipro.

So not as good as the previous V-Series.

The 850, 1000, and 1200W units are made by Delta, on the same platform as Antec High Current Pro Platinum but with some unknown changes.

Doubt there are any (significant) changes.  This is Delta we're talking about.  

I approached them for an HX replacement last year.  They LITERALLY handed me an HCP.  Performance wasn't as good as the current CWT based HX and they scoffed at the idea of even matching the performance.

The 850, 1000, and 1200W units are made by Delta

sold

8 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yes, I'd pay for the Platinum personally.

Not because of the Efficiency but the fixed fan controller.

Also it comes with sleeved cables.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

20 hours ago, OrionFOTL said:

The 650 and 750W units are made by Hipro.

i actually found something that counters that... it looks a lot like a modified leadex II

v850g_4-imageleftorright.png

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

i actually found something that counters that... it looks a lot like a modified leadex II

v850g_4-imageleftorright.png

Nope, it's Hipro. And I don't see how it looks like Leadex II at all. 

508572945_aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS80L1EvNzYyMjE4L29yaWdpbmFsL2luX3RvcDEuanBn01.jpg.2e4f9a4245bcc895ca8441587bdc82e1.jpg

6 hours ago, OrionFOTL said:

I agree.

Transformers and DC-DC modules point to one or the other manufacturer. But that really has nothing to do with Leadex at all. 
And neither has that newer, big version of the SFX-L thingy that was in the SX700-LPT.

And that looks more like Leadex.

But others that look like Leadex include, but not limited to: Seasonic Focus, maybe even Prime.

The thing is, that if you want a fully modular design where you have the Connections in the front, you certainly come out with something that looks like Leadex because there aren't too many good ways to do that.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

8 hours ago, OrionFOTL said:

People see a single bulk cap in the middle of the PCB and automatically assume it's Leadex II.  ;)

Check this psu: https://www.inter-tech.de/en/products/psu/atx/sl-700 it should go below Tier C price for this psu is just below 35 euros :D

CPU: Intel I7-8700K | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 2x8GB | GPU: Asus ROG 1080Ti OC | PSU: Seasonic Prime 650W Titanium | SSD: 1x Samsung Evo 970 250GB M2 1x Samsung Evo 970 1TB M2 | CPU COOLER: Noctua D15

43 minutes ago, speed258 said:

Check this psu: https://www.inter-tech.de/en/products/psu/atx/sl-700 it should go below Tier C price for this psu is just below 35 euros :D

suprise to no-one, it's crap

that kind of psu can go straight into the lowest tier, because that thing can only supply 500 watts peak on the 12v, so that's definitely a crappy group reg

On 3/26/2019 at 9:21 AM, Stefan Payne said:

There are other options like be quiet Pure Power, Bitfenix Formula, Xilence Performance X.

Just ordered a BitFenix Formula Gold 450 for my system. Hope it ends up being a great PSU. Didn't see any reason to go higher wattage since I doubt I'll ever use a more than 150W gpu with it.

I am sorry if this is not the place where I have to ask that question.
Is Pure Power 11 500W better than Corsair CX550M?? The be Quiet! one is quite newer and it's 80+ Gold, but the CX550M is semi-modular. The price is almost equal in my country...

2 minutes ago, Evgeni04 said:

I am sorry if this is not the place where I have to ask that question.
Is Pure Power 11 500W better than Corsair CX550M?? The be Quiet! one is quite newer and it's 80+ Gold, but the CX550M is semi-modular. The price is almost equal in my country...

Pure Power 11 is better.
If you want a semi-modular version then look at the Pure Power 11 500w CM.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but: Is the Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 460W a good enough PSU for a mid-range gaming pc? Or is it worth investing in a better PSU?

46 minutes ago, damianea103 said:

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but: Is the Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 460W a good enough PSU for a mid-range gaming pc? Or is it worth investing in a better PSU?

No, its not and should immediately replaced.

Its a very low quality PSU!

And possibly also ancient.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

@jonnyGURU what are the differences between the new rm and the rmx 2018?

Caps, fan and various other components. Check the review on Tomshardware

:)

17 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

what are the differences between the new rm and the rmx 2018?

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm850-power-supply,6127.html

TLDR; Slightly cost down version of the RMx with some modifications to improve low load efficiency and support new Windows 10 sleep states. The Tom's Hardware review will do a better job explaining it than I could.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

33 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Caps, fan and various other components. Check the review on Tomshardware

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm850-power-supply,6127.html

TLDR; Slightly cost down version of the RMx with some modifications to improve low load efficiency and support new Windows 10 sleep states. The Tom's Hardware review will do a better job explaining it than I could.

interesting... the choice makes sense as far as i can see

but again, more confusing imo

does anyone knows something about the quality of the LDLC-XT-850p platinum ? LDLC is a french company,this particular model has seasonic as OEM ,this is all i could find,beside a short review in french

7 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

interesting... the choice makes sense as far as i can see

but again, more confusing imo

The cost delta between RM and RMx was supposed to be $10 (the RM being $10 cheaper).  But the Trump tariffs made it where it had to be sold for AT LEAST the same price as RMx. 

When RMx's inventories need to be replenished, they will be impacted by the tariffs and the price will likely go up (at least) $10.

So buy your RMx's for cheap while you still can!!!!!

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

So buy your RMx's for cheap while you still can!!!!! 

just for US? or europe too?

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I think it's just for the US. Europe probably won't be affected by it.

16 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Tariff is just for U.S.

Outside of U.S., you should see RM for $10 less than RMx.

17 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Do keep in mind that retailers globally could use the American price increase as an excuse to increase the prices (and profits)

:)