Opinion on 14 Year Old With $3000 Setup?

The_Edster

Just wondering what your opinion would be on a 14 year old who has a setup costing over 3k? And they had earned all the money to pay for it themselves by working in a restaurant?

PLEASE NOTE: THE RIG WAS $1700, THE REST OF THE SETUP (MONITORS, KEYBOARD ETC.) MADE UP THE 3K TOTAL!

The Build:

Intel Core i7-3770k

PNY GTX 780 3GB

Corsair 300R (Upgrading Soon)

Gigabyte UD3H Motherboard

16GB Corsair XMS3 (1600MHz)

128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD

2TB Seagate HDD

Raidmax 850W PSU

The Rest:

3x Asus VH238 Monitors (NVIDIA Surround)

Razer Cyclosa Keyboard

Razer Abyssus Mouse

Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset

Steelseries QcK Mousepad

IKEA Gallant Desk

IKEA Leather Chair

Xbox 360 250GB (Don't really use)

Logitech C920 Webcam

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

um, it's not really wise.

technically the parent still has full authority, including over the money. If the parent is fine with it I guess, but <if> it were my kid 3k on a PC is a little bit excessive especially at that age. 1.5k is more than plenty for a PC of actual utilitarian purpose. 

This from me and I'm usually pretty progressive about things, so that should bare considerable weight. 

Error: 410

Does that 14 year old mean you??

Yeah, its fine anyway.

Maybe

Does that 14 year old mean you??

Yeah, its fine anyway.

I agree

Am I supposed to be impressed that a 14 year old gets lots of money for Christmas and birthday

Nope

I don't really see the need for specifying on age, unless your trying to brag about it. I think of most here would be more interested in the hardware that's in/going into that build.

FX-8320 @ 4.2Ghz. 8GB ADATA RAM. Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev 4. 64GB SSD 2TB HD. Sapphire HD 6770. NZXT Phantom 410. CM Storm Quickfire Rapid - Cherry Blue. CM Storm Inferno mouse. TT Esports Cronos.

A 1.5K Rig should be fine. Shower GabeN with the rest of the money!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I don't really see the need for specifying on age, unless your trying to brag about it. I think of most here would be more interested in the hardware that's in/going into that build.

The build itself is around 1700 dollars, they entire setup is the 3k

Am I supposed to be impressed that a 14 year old gets lots of money for Christmas and birthday 

And they had earned all the money to pay for it themself?

I'm a bit impressed if he really earned it all himself and probably got what he wanted.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just wondering what your opinion would be on a 14 year old who has a setup costing over 3k? And they had earned all the money to pay for it themself?

Cool. 

I am turning 16 this year and I hope to be getting a 2.5k+ setup. The thing is that I can't work and I don't money for anything. So I ask my parent sand they buy things for me sometimes. I've been asking for about 3 years for a new computer.

Quote me to get a reply!

Put it towards a car dude and you will have a beast car at 16 OR build like a 1500 rig.

Why would your parents let you spend 3k on a pc?

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I find spending that much on a PC pretty wasteful and foolish at that age.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I am turning 16 this year and I hope to be getting a 2.5k+ setup. The thing is that I can't work and I don't money for anything. So I ask my parent sand they buy things for me sometimes. I've been asking for about 3 years for a new computer.

Go to college, get a job, and then start thinking about spending the big bucks.

Edit: This is probably an ignorant comment on my part as some people actually have this kind of money, while my parents would go crazy on me for spending 600 bucks on a computer.

It is fine, I got my $2000 rig by myself. Monitor and mouse were gift for xmas

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

As long as his parents didn't buy all his shit and he earned it then I'm fine with it. Unless he bought a pre-built PC... that would piss me off.

Go to college, get a job, and then start thinking about spending the big bucks.

I've rarely get money like rarely, not even 100$ a year So my parents buy me things when I ask, most of the times they say no.

Quote me to get a reply!

it was easier for me to ask my parents for a computer for 2 years continuously compared to me asking about a car.. (car would probably have been cheaper all up lol)

- edit - granted i did pay for a quite a bit of it.

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]