Opinion on 14 Year Old With $3000 Setup?

The_Edster

Impressed i bought mine when i was 14 for 1770 total and i was pushing hard to get that kind of money

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Razer keyboard and mouse... Rookie mistake. Anyway I used to commit the same crime when I was 14. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

If it was earned and they had the patience to save it for a computer that's awesome.

CPU: Intel i5 2310 Mobo: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: MSI 760 Twin Frozr 4GB RAM: 8GB ADATA XPG Gaming Series 

Storage: OCZ Aglility 3 120 GB SSD, 2 250GB Segate HDDs Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 PSU: Antec NEO ECO 520W

I'm 17 and would love that much money, in my opinion as he worked for it them self he should control all the money, perhaps however he should of spend 2k and put the rest away in a saving account for your future, as I know he is only 14 but from personal experience you can't simply keep thinking about the current but the future as time passes fast. 

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. - Napoleon Hill

I may or may not be slightly jealous but I see no issue.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

I find that being the age that the majority of us are on the forum. We don't have a lot of responsibilities, hence we can spend obscene amounts of money on our computers. For instance i'm 16, and have spent almost my entire earnings from the last two years on technology related "toys". That's over twenty thousand dollars . I have no idea where it's all gone. Maybe a lot of food. I do buy lunch everyday... that does add up. However i digress. 

We as teenagers have more freedom to spend our money on what we want, and so we do. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Razer keyboard and mouse... Rookie mistake. Anyway I used to commit the same crime when I was 14. :D

What's wrong with Razer?

If the money is actually earned by the "14 yo" then why not? I'd probably be a little bit against it, if the parents would've paid for this, simply because I think that a 14 yo simply doesn't need such a PC and actually has to "feel" what value he's spending. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

you earned that PC. but talking with your parent before that to get some more opinions can never hurt either

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Am I supposed to be impressed that a 14 year old gets lots of money for Christmas and birthday 

"And they had earned all the money to pay for it themselves by working in a restaurant?"

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

I don't particularly care.  I earn my money and buy what I want, why shouldn't everyone else?

That being said I also have savings and investments, not to mention bills and responsibilities.  Blowing all your money on things is never a good idea, no matter your age.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Upgrading to Corsair stuff soon! :)

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

You payed for it so go for it

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)