Opinion on 14 Year Old With $3000 Setup?

The_Edster

Sure why not if you saved it yourself that said you could probably spend some of the money a bit wiser but its your money do what you wish.

I know a guy who's parents spent around 6k on a xps 720 h2c years ago, he sold it for 600 2 years ago. So I don't think your doing anything wrong if its your money.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

That isn't 'earned' money though ;)

:( but i also work so. but i am not that kind of guy who Begs.

Also i think they give me moeny in Bday and other speciall days becuze i am helpfull at home, cook food, help to tidy up and stuff

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I love how many people didn't even bother to look at the previous replies and answers before posting :D.

Personally, I have no issue with it.

Ofc I feel a bit jelly sitting here at my school laptop, but even if he got a pre-built system that his parents paid for, it would be fine.

I mean, in the end, he's the one that misses out on the sense of accomplishment from earning his own money, the joy of building his own pc.

Unless you earn your pc by yourself, you won't feel... "proud" of it.

$3000 is a lot of money. The kid should learn the value of money and that blowing $3000 on a PC is a rare luxury. 

I think this is a fine example of learning the value of money. One day when he is smothered in Child Support and rent he will understand just what he did with that money so many years back, and hopefully make more reasonable smarter decisions with his funds.

If I wanted a nice battle station and had income to save for it, I'd do just as he did at that age. 

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

I suggest doing a build log and asking for advice to change some things ;)

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

As long as the guy/gal knows what they're doing, then let them have at it. Although I could see someone that old going around their school constantly bragging about it, which is kinda a problem.

That's money you could use on a car but totes whatever. I mean I'm 18 and my rig is barely worth a third of that.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Im 15 and my rig is just shy of 2K (dollars that is) If you made this post to brag then please just don't. Although I accumulated the parts and money over a long ass time.

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

I'd feel sorry for his parents, especially if he was a spoiled brat. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I did have a 2k $ rig when I was 12... What's the problem ?

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

That's money you could use on a car but totes whatever. I mean I'm 18 and my rig is barely worth a third of that.

Nerds don't need car.

(I'm kidding :P)

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

If the kid spent his money well and bought the absolute best stuff for the money I would say he knows what he is doing. But when he buys stuff obviously because of flashy marketing then he is just an impulsive brat. My sources tell me the 14yr old with the retardedly expensive system did in fact deck his setup with razer, steelseries, cheap closed loop WC among other products that it looks like the person did absolutely no background research on.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

It depends on the kid's parents. If they didn't had any money and the kid forces them to buy one isn't that appropriate?

Well, why not, if he wants it and earns for it himself, than OK, i am 12 year old and i want a nice 1050 dollar rig, and i already have my own 400 dollars, working for summer a bit (i never did and i collected this kind of cash :o) i could earn how much i want :D

what kind of brand named peripherals did you buy that costs as much as your rig itself?

Mainly the three Asus monitors was the big one, then headset, mousepad, desk, chair, keyboard, mouse, webcam, Xbox..

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

$3000 is a lot of money. The kid should learn the value of money and that blowing $3000 on a PC is a rare luxury. 

The PC was 1700 and rest in total 3000

I find it very hard to believe you earned it yourself.  If you did chores for your parents that is your parents money (and in my opinion I think kids should not be paid for chores they should be doing anyway) but if you are doing a paper route (if those exist anymore) or mowing lawns that is understandable. 

I have a job.

MUAHAHAHA I'm 13 and I have a 2.3k computer

EDIT- I used my money from birthdays and Christmas but also made a lot of it through stocks and small jobs

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

Just wondering what your opinion would be on a 14 year old who has a setup costing over 3k? And they had earned all the money to pay for it themself?

I would picture them doing exactly what you are now. Bragging about their setup to people and telling them you worked for it yourself when they say your parents got it for you.

I don't see anything wrong with it, especially if they made good purchasing decisions, I mean lets face it a 14 year old will be able to use his gaming rig WAYYYYYY more than say a 34 year old so in a lot of ways it makes more sense, but there are also downsides.

You obviously didn't read the first post, the money was all earned by HIMSELF and his parents didn't contribute to any of it! 

I have a job.

If you got a job then its good , you got initiative to earn your own money rather than asking for it. You've earn it , Good job pal

You obviously didn't read the first post, the money was all earned by HIMSELF and his parents didn't contribute to any of it!

"If"

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2