This Product BLEW me AWAY! - Vortx Gaming Desk Fan

RILEYISMYNAME
1 minute ago, RILEYISMYNAME said:

a temperature controlled desktop gaming fan

But why?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Great job Riley,

Keep it up!
 now i can play Skyrim VR at -30°C 

I need my vibrating scarf to keep me warm though

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

bUt DoEs It HaVe RgB

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I have no words...

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W || NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler || MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard || CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) || SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 || SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 || Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive || MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO 10G LHR || Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Window || Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular || Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Wireless Optical Mouse || Input Club K-Type w/ Ajazz Kiwi Switches

Sounds like it sucks more than it blows :D

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

This reminds me of that whole 4d movie thing that was big a few years back

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I am not a fan of this product.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Can you please tell us what song is playing from 1:54?

3 hours ago, RILEYISMYNAME said:

We've seen some weird gaming peripherals, but nothing quite like a temperature controlled desktop gaming fan. Is it a gimmick?

Who thought blowing air in your face was a good idea... It's just a glorified eye dryer. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Thought the title was about the samsung S9 battery exploding, I'm deeply disappointed.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

About the system zacake posted. I own two of the philips amBX audio setups. It was kind a great... at least the integration of Crysis was well done. But the thing is that unlike this device it had a api that allowed developers to control the amBX wind and or light effects. Unfortunately it had a really short life span, only a couple of months. I don't get why this company didn't RND this guff. Cause the amBX system did have a feature where whenever a game wasn't officially supported you could create your own mapping for rumble, wind, and lights. (Be it synced to the audio or (edge) detection of the colours of your monitor)

Still I think that the Philips amBX is worth more as it was sold for 65 euro(s) here so about the same price but it had decent sounding speakers (till mine blew up like after 4-5 years of use).

They should license their software to a monitor company also it needs and ice tray so it can shoot cold air. I accept cash or paypal. 

On 1/27/2019 at 2:21 AM, KuroPSPIso said:

About the system zacake posted. I own two of the philips amBX audio setups. It was kind a great... at least the integration of Crysis was well done. But the thing is that unlike this device it had a api that allowed developers to control the amBX wind and or light effects. Unfortunately it had a really short life span, only a couple of months. I don't get why this company didn't RND this guff. Cause the amBX system did have a feature where whenever a game wasn't officially supported you could create your own mapping for rumble, wind, and lights. (Be it synced to the audio or (edge) detection of the colours of your monitor)

Still I think that the Philips amBX is worth more as it was sold for 65 euro(s) here so about the same price but it had decent sounding speakers (till mine blew up like after 4-5 years of use).

I also still 

have an AMBX setup, although the rumble bar and fans have been banished to the closet of obscurity. The fans occasionally get reconnected during hot summer days for shits and giggles

I got my set for 15 or 25 euros, entirely by chance. Was buying a hotas (a cheap one) from a techie, while on the train to him I noticed he also had the ambx setup and I needed some speakers for my pc. Ended up lugging that subwoofer for 2 kilometers back to the nearest bus stop in hot summer weather, do not recommend.

The thing is amazingly overbuilt, real Old Philips quality. I took it apart to replace a couple of LED's in the center and speaker light projectors, works great. Only the drivers are a bitch in Windows 10, but I now actually have the 'lights areas of the wall according to whatever is on-screen' working again now.

Never used it in a game, might just install an old windows version someday so I can try out far cry 2 with it.

Audio is also still great, only problem is the fact that the audio only works if a PC is connected, a simple 5v supply to the USB isn't even enough, annoying when your pc is off but you want to play some music from your phone.

Also every time somebody helps me plug it in I get to explain that yes, my speakers connect using VGA monitor cables, and no, I don't know why philips decided that was a sane idea either.