Unigine Valley Benchmark Scores Thread + SUPERPOSITION ***Over 1000 Submissions!***

Jumper118

Here we Go!

AMD FX-4130 OC'ed 4.2GHz

EVGA GTX 650Ti boost OC'ed to almost 1.25GHZ!!!!!!!

average temp: 66* C

attachicon.gifscore.PNG

You need to run the extreme HD preset

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You need to run the extreme HD preset

the basic preset is fine for slower and older cards

@Jumper118 i was told that if i do a long burn in on my card that the coil whine would decrease.....is this true?

don't know. i wouldn't think so

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

@Jumper118 i was told that if i do a long burn in on my card that the coil whine would decrease.....is this true?

I would doubt it, many cards develop a whine after folding or mining for a long time. What it could do if the whine is a sign of a defect is kill the card so you can RMA it .if it is still in warranty.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I would doubt it, many cards develop a whine after folding or mining for a long time. What it could do if the whine is a sign of a defect is kill the card so you can RMA it .if it is still in warranty.

Got it a few weeks ago, other than the whine its a pretty good card, runs cool

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Got it a few weeks ago, other than the whine its a pretty good card, runs cool

Coil whine is harmless other than the noise.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Coil whine is harmless other than the noise.

i can hear it in the other room lol

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

i can hear it in the other room lol

Are you sure it is coil whine?

its not the fans, or anything else in the case......i put the fans at 100% at idle....wasnt that

Ok so after some tinkering with my replacement 760 I decided to make some runs to see if I could top my previous score, this started with normal runs and ended with some really crazy things and a lot of effort. I ended up making three ice cooler AC things(link to video for AC thingies below) from varying coolers we have(though I didn't actually cut holes in them because I'm not interested in death). With those and my window AC unit and with the temps outside being pretty cool as well I got my room down to roughly 13c. Then I shut off pretty much anything that was needed to run Valley and including any service that wasn't needed no matter how insignificant. After that I put an absolutely shameful amount of voltage through my average i5 and did a single run. All my work payed off as I got the highest score I've gotten yet with these cards and most likely the best I'll ever have unless I get a better binned pair of 760's.

Intel i5-3570k@ 5.3Ghz

SLI 760 4GB 1241/6360 1228/6360

82.5 FPS

wnHvupa.png

I feel really bad about the amount of voltage I put through my CPU and it really reserves a rest so that's it for me for the night I think.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

CPU: I7 4790K

Core: 1580

Memory: 2050

FPS: 71.7

Score: 3001

How the heck did you manage that, mine craps out at roughly 1360 on the core (same card) With those clocks it actually has a chance to beat the titan I once had that one I got to 72FPS with the stock cooler.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

How the heck did you manage that, mine craps out at roughly 1360 on the core (same card) With those clocks it actually has a chance to beat the titan I once had that one I got to 72FPS with the stock cooler.

The lottery was kind to Razzaa, have you tried overvolting it?

The lottery was kind to Razzaa, have you tried overvolting it?

In afterburner it is +87 on volts and 112 on the power.

Asics 70.5

Might have to get a modded bios for more control or is that no longer needed? (been a while since I toyed with an nvidea card last ones where a titan and sli 780s)

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

In afterburner it is +87 on volts and 112 on the power.

Asics 70.5

Might have to get a modded bios for more control or is that no longer needed? (been a while since I toyed with an nvidea card last ones where a titan and sli 780s)

From MSI AB it's as far as I can go too, although checking the Power %< it rarely even reaches 100% even at 1554MHz core.

ASIC 73.8%

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

From MSI AB it's as far as I can go too, although checking the Power %< it rarely even reaches 100% even at 1554MHz core.

ASIC 73.8%

ASIC i lost faith in it.....my 290 scored a 60% and overclocked very well. My 970 is a 66% and can run 1569/8000 on stock power limit and stock voltage. Nothing can predict accurately if a card overclocks well. Only one way to find out!!! :D

ASIC i lost faith in it.....my 290 scored a 60% and overclocked very well. My 970 is a 66% and can run 1569/8000 on stock power limit and stock voltage. Nothing can predict accurately if a card overclocks well. Only one way to find out!!! :D

I never actually tried with stock power limit and voltage.  I just whacked it out of the park so I know what the max I can make it go :P I can't get 8GHz memory, it crashes at everything. Anything above 1554MHz for core seems to be giving some problems as well.  +150/+400 is I think as far as I can push mine.

I never actually tried with stock power limit and voltage. I just whacked it out of the park so I know what the max I can make it go :P I can't get 8GHz memory, it crashes at everything. Anything above 1554MHz for core seems to be giving some problems as well. +150/+400 is I think as far as I can push mine.

Curious, what brand?

Curious, what brand?

Same as yours I think, Gigabyte G1 :D

Just curious, the reference gtx 980 I have which is a review sample is running at 1227mhz and is getting a score of 67fps? I have a 4770k cpu so there is no bottlenecking happening at all, I wonder why the 980 is benching so low in valley?

Just curious, the reference gtx 980 I have which is a review sample is running at 1227mhz and is getting a score of 67fps? I have a 4770k cpu so there is no bottlenecking happening at all, I wonder why the 980 is benching so low in valley?

Nvidia doesn't give a crap about optimising for Unigine benchmarks.  3DMark 13 Firestrike is free on the default preset.

Nvidia doesn't give a crap about optimising for Unigine benchmarks.  3DMark 13 Firestrike is free on the default preset.

That could be true but why would an older nvidia card such as the GTX 780 score the exact same, the EVGA classified 780 I tested score 66 fps in valley, if they 'optimized' the old ones, why not the new ones?

That could be true but why would an older nvidia card such as the GTX 780 score the exact same, the EVGA classified 780 I tested score 66 fps in valley, if they 'optimized' the old ones, why not the new ones?

Bus width maybe

Cos it's pretty new and there has been exactly 1 driver release since launch :D

Cos it's pretty new and there has been exactly 1 driver release since launch :D

True, its interesting that the 970 and 980 perform poorly in Furmark too

However, they seem to do well in Heaven

The new colour compression method used in Maxwell GPUs only works well when a lot of pixels on the screen stay the same colour from frame to frame, plus Valley is Memory bandwidth hungry to begin with, so its a double whammy for the 980/970. the only help Maxwell cards will likely get for Valley is MFAA.

On the flip side, benchmarks like 3DMark Firestrike compliment the latest colour compression methods used in Tonga and Maxwell GPU's, as the colours on screen are not nearly as diverse and don't change as much from frame to frame.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Oh ok, makes sense, its strange cause they do just fine in Heaven 4.0, the GTX 980 reference is neck and neck with a non-reference 780ti, but the 780ti kills the 980 in valley and furmark.