Symetium: The no-compromise Smartphone PC

Canadian pig

Symetium is a phone that focuses on functionality and design. it comes with a dock that lets you plug in the phone into a hdmi cable to use it as a full dsktop Operating System.

Specs: Snapdragon 820cpu, 6GB of ram, 64/128/256 GB of storage, 5 inch oled 1080p screen, 24mp rear camers and a 5mp front camera, 4000mah battery, dual front facing speakers, bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11.a/b/g/n/ac wifi and usb type c. it runs a heavily skind version of android 6.0 marshmallow called Sysmetium.

Their is a Indiegogo  campaign to raise 1.25 MIllion USD with 4,965 raised as of writing this.

I am really amazed for this phone. once I herd of it I didn't know the specks of this, but I am amazed about this phone. The look of the Android skin is really stylish with the transparent theme.  But allowing you to dock it and turn it into a desktop computer is amazing, but it has been shown off by Canonical with their Ubuntu phone and Microsoft's lumia phones, but this is not made by a big company. Its made by 4 people in Gothenburg, Sweden and that is amazing to me. I will absolutely pick up this phone if it ever gets a retail release because it looks too good to be true.

INDIEGOGO:https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/symetium-the-no-compromise-smartphone-pc/#/story

THEIR WEBSITE: http://symetium.com

Now you see, what they should have done was fit it with an Intel Atom Z3735F and had an Android/Windows dual-boot. Then it's a true no-compromises machine.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Now you see, what they should have done was fit it with an Intel Atom Z3735F and had an Android/Windows dual-boot. Then it's a true no-compromises machine.

That would have been awesome! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Coming in at a low low price of $1000.

It is low in comparison to the new IPhones.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

and for the specs

Yeah, but it would still be expensive. Expensive phones can only sell because they're from a reputable brand. People who buy IPhones often buy them because they're IPhones, not because they care about specs or speed. A phone like this is only interesting to tech enthusiasts and sad to say but this phone isn't gonna succeed due to lack of brand recognition, unless they can sell if for 600$ then this product is doomed to fail. Also who needs specs like that in a phone?

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Oh wait they said no compromises but! and its a big but! it wont have one of these :/:

post-144012-0-83534200-1443555658.png

Phones should already have cooling systems :/, and yet Amited that huge dreaming company may have gotten homeruned because nowan wants a cooling case -....-

Groomlake Authority

It will turn into Desktop... with Android? No thanks.

I think they can't succeed. MS is coming out with new Lumias that will have Continuum and you won't need that awful micro HDMI port for it.

Also cheap sub $200 models should support it.

I think they can't succeed. MS is coming out with new Lumias that will have Continuum and you won't need that awful micro HDMI port for it.

Also cheap sub $200 models should support it.

Actually....no.... not for this current batch of Lumias (at least) http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/microsoft-lists-recommended-specs-for-windows-10-mobile-value-phone-premium-phone-value-phablet/

asnd not to mention alot of these crowdfunded stuff either end up failing to show up, or failing to deliever. :/

Coming in at a low low price of $1000.

would you buy this or an iphone for 1000$?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't see how it is no-compromise when it can't run x86 based software

I wanna know the validity of this phone. It uses the Snapdragon 820, which isn't even out yet. It makes no sense for Snapdragon to launch the 820 on a device that's not well known. Plus on the Snapdragon page it doesn't list this phone as one of their devices. There's not even an 820 option.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/devices/all?type=Smartphone

The phone is too damn expensive either way, but for a $1000 phone it certainly beats out other $1000 phones, such as the iPhone 6S Plus, although most people subsidize phones anyways.

COMIC SANS

Well just remember the 6s starts at $649 which is $350 less. I'd obviously go with this for it's specs but a phone is pretty much one of the easiest things to waste money one. A phone in two years will be 2 times as powerful as most phones today. It's never logical to spend over $450-500 on a phone or most tech items for that matter. Most stuff doesn't last very long and you're better off getting something that's mid-tier and upgrading more frequently.

would you buy this or an iphone for 1000$?

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

What I think would be the perfect phone to come out (this year) would be this:

• Snapdragon 808
  • 3GB's of RAM
  • 32-64GB's of Internal Storage
  • Swap-able Sim Cards
  • Upgrade-able storage (Micro SD)
  • 5 inch 1080p IPS Screen
  • Stereo Front Facing Speakers
  • Any Half Decent Sony Camera
  • 3000+ MaH battery.

Boom, pretty much the perfect phone.

What I think would be the perfect phone to come out (this year) would be this:

• Snapdragon 808
  • 3GB's of RAM
  • 32-64GB's of Internal Storage
  • Swap-able Sim Cards
  • Upgrade-able storage (Micro SD)
  • 5 inch 1080p IPS Screen
  • Stereo Front Facing Speakers
  • Any Half Decent Sony Camera
  • 3000+ MaH battery.

Boom, pretty much the perfect phone.

removable battery?

i would be the asshole who sells everything to buy that

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Microsoft and Google wouldn't allow it. It'd be neat, and it's been tried before (ASUS had a dual-boot transformer tablet), but the owners of the operating systems don't like the idea.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

-snip-

The saddest thing im seeing from theyr IndieGogo contribution petition is that after 9 hours it only got 7,096$ and probably will only drop the upcoming days :/, how do they expect to reach the 1,25 million mark without heavier advertising -.-! Guess this could one of those lost dream that IndieGogo supports ....., ill be surprised that if after 10 days theyd reach 50,000$ but of course id like something like this to exist :P

Groomlake Authority

Yeah, but it would still be expensive. Expensive phones can only sell because they're from a reputable brand. People who buy IPhones often buy them because they're IPhones, not because they care about specs or speed. A phone like this is only interesting to tech enthusiasts and sad to say but this phone isn't gonna succeed due to lack of brand recognition, unless they can sell if for 600$ then this product is doomed to fail. Also who needs specs like that in a phone?

Me. I absolutely devour RAM. The amount of RAM that current android phones have (3GB, 4GB etc) isn't enough for my usage. I'm the kind of person who'll have 99 tabs open in the browser, while doing youtube and whatsapp in multi-window mode. And don't forget to throw in the music player and separate equaliser application. I've had my S5 and even other high-end newer phones force-closing applications on me >_>. I have reason to believe that higher mobile resolutions are the cause of this. My puny S4 mini (1.5GB RAM model, which I found out was actually 2GB with 500MB hardware-reserved -_-) never force-closed applications as often as my S5 does, under the exact same usage scenario. My S5 even has much less apps & background services on it in comparision to my S4 mini.

Phones should already have cooling systems :/, and yet Amited that huge dreaming company may have gotten homeruned because nowan wants a cooling case -....-

I remember sony including a heat pipe in one of their new xperia phones. Finding link...

...Found. http://www.slashgear.com/sony-xperia-z5-using-dual-heat-pipes-to-curb-thermal-woes-07402240/

I don't see how it is no-compromise when it can't run x86 based software

I've been running experiements at my college (letting various people try out different operating systems, such as Elementary Linux) and I've come to the conclusion that casual PC users don't care about the system itself as long as it can browse the internet, play music and edit office documents. Android, and even iOS in some cases, ticks all those boxes, with Android getting the edge for its multi-window capabilities. Of course, power users will miss the x86 platform. ARM is getting much more powerful in its capabilities, and can offer decent performance while operating at much lower temperatures without a cooler needed. I only wish Intel would invest some R&D into a mobile x86 chip that offers comparable performance to a low-end laptop, i3 maybe, while offering temperatures as excellent as ARM processors.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.