Symetium: The no-compromise Smartphone PC

Canadian pig

If I can't put my choice of OS on it, it's not a no-compromise phone...

There is that as well....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

@zzcool

Is there an option or possibility for it to work with Ubuntu Tablet or any Linux distro for ARM?

It's not looking like it's going to meet its goal, but I wouldn't see this being too successful even if it was successfully funded. I'd love to be proven wrong, but this looks like another overly ambitious project that will end up being delayed and out of date by the time it comes out. If they showed a working prototype and not just renders I would be more optimistic. 

It's not looking like it's going to meet its goal, but I wouldn't see this being too successful even if it was successfully funded. I'd love to be proven wrong, but this looks like another overly ambitious project that will end up being delayed and out of date by the time it comes out. If they showed a working prototype and not just renders I would be more optimistic. 

i am highly aware of how amibitious it is but that doesn't stop me from doing this the goal is huge yes but it's set to be realistic as for operating system android is for now that doesn't mean i have future ideas such as windows 10 or linux android is whats possible windows 10 or linux i personally like android above all linux has no native functions to function as a phone making it very difficult near impossible to do this, without extensive research android does and i am personally tired by windows i am a pc gamer but i started symetiumos as windows isn't good enough for me anymore and for me android as my main operating system is all i need android has surpassed windows in many ways in my personal opinion i see it as being more capable than windows with more features such as live wallpaper auto updating of apps an app store native installation of apps and more all this makes windows feel old but thats a personal opinion, adromiumos is something that managed to do exactly what i wanted with android i was in talks with these guys when they launched their kickstarter campaign as they were interested in my ui design for the same feature.

As mentiond i am a pc gamer and a poweruser so i know what people like me want, so rooting is something that i wan to add as a inbuilt switch, future ideas include storing multiple roms and a bios like menu where you can manage roms monitor vital information it's inspired by the bios of a pc,i even want a romstore where you can manage and download and install roms at will, these are too bold of ideas for now so i am saving these for the future apart from the root switch and ability to return to stock android, as i know some might want the stock experience.

For me the perfect no compromise smartphone would be the rumored Xperia Z5 Compact Premium (plz be real i beg u)

Has everything I want

-Front facing stereo speaker

-1080p screen

-Water resistant

-Excellent camera

-No camera bump

-2900 mah battery

-Snapdragon 810

-Fingerprint reader placed on power button

All in an nice 4.6 inch package

Only complaint I could have it's that they could have went with 808 but they fixed the heat and battery issue so not major. And the plastic rim construction rather than metal but again not major.

Now only if it exists and is not limited to Japan... (Guess the normal z5 compact would do but the 720p screen and 2gb ram...ehh)

Another one of those start up asking the internet for money, while dreaming in la la land about being rich. $10K so your phone serial number is 0001? Only a dumbass will buy that. In the past when you have a idea for a product, you use as much personal savings as you can to make it happen. It seems right now, these people,  they think of a product and instead of using their personal savings, they ask the internet for money to make it happen.

But hey, if they're dreams come true. Best of luck to them.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

i am highly aware of how amibitious it is but that doesn't stop me from doing this the goal is huge yes but it's set to be realistic as for operating system android is for now that doesn't mean i have future ideas such as windows 10 or linux android is whats possible windows 10 or linux i personally like android above all linux has no native functions to function as a phone making it very difficult near impossible to do this, without extensive research android does and i am personally tired by windows i am a pc gamer but i started symetiumos as windows isn't good enough for me anymore and for me android as my main operating system is all i need android has surpassed windows in many ways in my personal opinion i see it as being more capable than windows with more features such as live wallpaper auto updating of apps an app store native installation of apps and more all this makes windows feel old but thats a personal opinion, adromiumos is something that managed to do exactly what i wanted with android i was in talks with these guys when they launched their kickstarter campaign as they were interested in my ui design for the same feature.

As mentiond i am a pc gamer and a poweruser so i know what people like me want, so rooting is something that i wan to add as a inbuilt switch, future ideas include storing multiple roms and a bios like menu where you can manage roms monitor vital information it's inspired by the bios of a pc,i even want a romstore where you can manage and download and install roms at will, these are too bold of ideas for now so i am saving these for the future apart from the root switch and ability to return to stock android, as i know some might want the stock experience.

Just please don't have the phones locked (or make it easy for people to unlock them)-that way customers maintain the ability to use the OS of their choice.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Another one of those start up asking the internet for money, while dreaming in la la land about being rich. $10K so your phone serial number is 0001? Only a dumbass will buy that. In the past when you have a idea for a product, you use as much personal savings as you can to make it happen. It seems right now, these people,  they think of a product and instead of using their personal savings, they ask the internet for money to make it happen.

But hey, if they're dreams come true. Best of luck to them.

i've invested over $10 000 alone on this project i am not rich to do a project like this i spent everything i had on it everything, so either i told myself ehh it's not worth it it's too hard forget it and move on, or i decided to go for it, you either work for what you want or you forget it because of whatever reason, i want to set an example of the dream smartphone i want to do this with my life it's more of a life achievement showing that this can be done that the ultimate smartphone can be made, mostly it's for me i wanted my dream smartphone i waited noone made it so i decided to do it myself i want this one for myself i designed this smartphone as a consumer it has the design and features i personally want.

so is it a ambitious project yes? am i still doing it yes will all the money be refunded if something happens yes

as for the phone locked? as i said i am a poweruser i designed it to work as a pc meaning i want it to be easy to swap operating systems just like with a pc flashing it should be simple rooting it should be simple

i've invested over $10 000 alone on this project i am not rich to do a project like this i spent everything i had on it everything, so either i told myself ehh it's not worth it it's too hard forget it and move on, or i decided to go for it, you either work for what you want or you forget it because of whatever reason, i want to set an example of the dream smartphone i want to do this with my life it's more of a life achievement showing that this can be done that the ultimate smartphone can be made, mostly it's for me i wanted my dream smartphone i waited noone made it so i decided to do it myself i want this one for myself i designed this smartphone as a consumer it has the design and features i personally want.

so is it a ambitious project yes? am i still doing it yes will all the money be refunded if something happens yes

as for the phone locked? as i said i am a poweruser i designed it to work as a pc meaning i want it to be easy to swap operating systems just like with a pc flashing it should be simple rooting it should be simple

Well then, may your dream become a reality. Good luck.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list