EA may have gaming subscription for pc soon?

fade2green514

http://www.bidnessetc.com/53037-electronic-arts-inc-might-be-looking-at-netflixstyle-subscription-service-f/

i would be interested in this if they have like, a single game for a dollar a month. or bundles for $5/month. something like that.

one thing i thought was funny about their CURRENT xbox sub service, speculating on how the pc version COULD be:

EA Access gives Xbox One users the opportunity to play games like "Dragon Age: Inquisition", "Titanfall", etc. for no additional cost and the players can have the games in their vault and play them whenever they desire.

no freaking way... whenever i desire? so its like buying the games only, you pay monthly forever?! lol just had to. keep on diggin EA

This could end up being a really good deal for EA drones that play everything they release as soon as it comes out, which is probably who this is aimed at because our community is an extremely small minority of gamers when compared with the "mainstream".

battlefield 4 is freaking great... when it works. its been almost two years i think ??? maybe more. and the game still crashes here and there.

EA being EA.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You know what they should do is take a percentage away from your monthly fee and put it towards one of the games or at least prioritize them which you get to choose so eventually you will own something.

You need to include a summary of the article in your post.

And nope, I wish these publishers would stop being greedy as Sholes and using proprietary software, it only hurts the consumer.

Edit: I'm just going to leave that typo in, thanks auto correct for making me puritan with cursing.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

You need to include a summary of the article in your post.

And nope, I wish these publishers would stop being greedy as Sholes and using proprietary software, it only hurts the consumer.

Edit: I'm just going to leave that typo in, thanks auto correct for making me puritan with cursing.

i could be wrong, but the quote i used did give a slight summary of how ridiculous the notion of paying monthly for unlimited access to select games is. i also implied that, this could be what they are (EA) is proposing, though the article isnt very specific as i dont think they even know for sure what the details will be. and also left room, as the forum rules state, for you to read the full article.

I'm interested. But would have to see what games would be available. If they somehow combine this with the existing Xbox one deal for a low price I would definitely be in.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

battlefield 4 is freaking great... when it works. its been almost two years i think ??? maybe more. and the game still crashes here and there.

funny thing is... i play BF4 on PS4.... i was like "this close" to buying it for PC too (to play with a couple of guys i know around da world). But, ultimatly what made me not buy it for PC was just what you mentioned... bugs, crashes and another element of shitloads of balance updates..

on the PS4, updates are less frequent so the bugs that exist do "last longer", but the game hasnt really crashed a lot since like, when it came out...

Also, less hackers on consoles cuz its more of a hassle to crack games and install cheats...

I'd rather put a Corsair CX PSU in my rig and risk an antimatter explosion than let EA filth on my PC.

What's wrong with Corsair PSUs?

As for the actual OP I hope game subscriptions never catch on. I still rather own stuff then having to pay a fee every so often and not being able to randomly reinstall a decade old game every now and then.

not sure..... been running a CX750m for 2 years now with no problems....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

not sure..... been running a CX750m for 2 years now with no problems....

Exactly. I have a Corsair PSU (probably CX750 or something like that) and it's been running perfectly fine for about 2-3 years too.

This could end up being a really good deal for EA drones that play everything they release as soon as it comes out, which is probably who this is aimed at because our community is an extremely small minority of gamers when compared with the "mainstream".

Except at least on consoles you dont get games at launch, you get them like 6 months after release

People around here hate Corsair's CX/CS lines with the fury of a thousand suns because there's a Chinese-made capacitor or two in there or something.

To be fair, Corsair's more recent PSU product series have gone down a bit in quality versus how good the Seasonic-based TX/HX units were a few years ago. They still get generally good reviews.

I'd rather put a Corsair CX PSU in my rig and risk an antimatter explosion than let EA filth on my PC.

nothing wrong with them. Just overpriced for what you get. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

EA Access is neat for trying out games a head of time. I used it to check out DA Inq and that convinced me to pre-order and buy the game. If it was on the PC I'd do the same for some games. Buy it for a month, check out the early access game, cancel the service until something else I'm interested in pops up.

funny thing is... i play BF4 on PS4.... i was like "this close" to buying it for PC too (to play with a couple of guys i know around da world). But, ultimatly what made me not buy it for PC was just what you mentioned... bugs, crashes and another element of shitloads of balance updates..

on the PS4, updates are less frequent so the bugs that exist do "last longer", but the game hasnt really crashed a lot since like, when it came out...

Also, less hackers on consoles cuz its more of a hassle to crack games and install cheats...

Haven't encounter any crashes in 2 years . Ran great on phenom 965/550ti ,965/R290 . Runs buttery smooth with 4770k/R290 everything maxed out and downsampling from 2k.

Never had any issues . Especially now when netcode is better than BF3.

I highly suggest to check out if You haven't - Origin let's you test the game for week for free.

No DLC for the new NFS -> EA doing something right for once.

Then this happens.

Fuckin' EA -.-

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

nothing wrong with them. Just overpriced for what you get.

70 euros for 500W is overpriced?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

70 euros for 500W is overpriced?

Well, it depends on what other 500 Watt units that €70 could buy instead. I have no idea what pricing is like in Estonia, maybe they're the best deal available.

Well, it depends on what other 500 Watt units that €70 could buy instead. I have no idea what pricing is like in Estonia, maybe they're the best deal available.

There are others available, but 70 euros for a good quality semi-modular 80+ Bronze 500W PSU is generally a good deal here.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

fml.... I don't even have the motivation to explain why this sucks ass

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

i would be interested in this if they have like, a single game for a dollar a month. or bundles for $5/month. something like that.

a single game for a dollar a month. or bundles for $5/month

for a dollar a month

dollar

Yes and first month they will ride on unicorns around the world and hand out free month subs.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440