Does your state have data caps?

RYANNOSAURAS

I live in Georgia, and I have a 300GB/m datacap. Yesterday my friend told me of a wonderland known as South Carolina in which people don't have data caps, instead they pay for speed. Do you guys know of this wonderland?

Indiana doesn't as far as I know, varies from ISP to ISP. Comcast doesn't here

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

300 GB cap, damn you....

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I live in Georgia, and I have a 300GB/m datacap. Yesterday my friend told me of a wonderland known as South Carolina in which people don't have data caps, instead they pay for speed. Do you guys know of this wonderland?

...........Im 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% sure its a provider limitation, and not a limitation the state imposes. because my 5 person family would hit that limit with MOBILE. let alone PC. 

I know I use more then 300gb/month. I know my sister uses a HELLA lot more then 300gb/month. does the router keep track off this? wondering where I can check

100mb/s down 500gb/m cap here. Sask canada

I haven't had a data cap since 2002. Data caps never really caught on in Denmark. Even my mobil data is without a data cap.

It also makes no sense to have a data cap. Data isn't a finite resource.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Nope, and certainly hope we don't get any. Bandwidth is the bottleneck, not gross data values. If you don't want people using so much Internet then stop giving them fast Internet.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I am in california, and I have never heard of that............ That is some bullshit. I am sure if I used multiple terabites in a month someone would get a little curious and I would probably get a phone call, but as far as I know... nope.

And I have used well over 300 gigs in a month. My record is probably in the vicinity of 800

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Yes, but it's never enforced, we always go over our data cap and they never seem to complain. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

...........Im 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% sure its a provider limitation, and not a limitation the state imposes. because my 5 person family would hit that limit with MOBILE. let alone PC. 

I know I use more then 300gb/month. I know my sister uses a HELLA lot more then 300gb/month. does the router keep track off this? wondering where I can check

how do you use more than 300gb/month?

thats like 10gb per day

do you watch 3 movies every day?

I am in california, and I have never heard of that............ That is some bullshit. I am sure if I used multiple terabites in a month someone would get a little curious and I would probably get a phone call, but as far as I know... nope.

And I have used well over 300 gigs in a month. My record is probably in the vicinity of 800

what do you guys do on the internet? :o

i only use around 200 every month

ISP controlled, not state controlled. 

Check the ISP rules. States dont bother with that stuff because they have given the ISP free rein on how the handle the internet.

CPU     4790K  4.7GHz @ 1.17 volts

MOBO  Asus Z97-K

GPU     980ti Strix

RAM    16GB G.Skill

I know in my router there's a table where you can check the past month of usage for each day, but my router is a bit more on the higher end (ASUS RT-AC68U) so I don't think all routers will have that.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

thats like 10gb per day

Games are getting bigger and bigger, I mean I just downloaded bf4 again with all of it's DLC and that was like 50GB, titanfall and it's DLC is like 70GB. GTA V is something like 60GB. It all adds up eventually. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Ahh forgot to add my data limit, I'm literally using my iPad as my main router now with a 40GB cap, my phone has a 6GB cap. Once I finish my iPad limit it's slowed to a mere 1 Mbps, and my iPhone to a unusable 512KB/s.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

25 down, 4 up, 300GB/month since this month, it was unlimited before

YEA I WENT BACKWARDS GG, i went from unlimited to limited, GG... Stupid ISP >_>

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Games are getting bigger and bigger, I mean I just downloaded bf4 again with all of it's DLC and that was like 50GB, titanfall and it's DLC is like 70GB. GTA V is something like 60GB. It all adds up eventually. 

:o

and mom complains about me using too much data :P

Here in Canada (Ontario more specifically), I know a lot of plans have data caps, but if you pay a bit more money you can get a plan without a data cap. I recently upgraded to an unlimited plan and it's been wonderful. Personally I probably use ~300GB/month on average but I can go more than that. In the past month I've used well over 400GB.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

thats like 10gb per day

on mobile? my schools internet had high speeds(500mb up/down) but like no throughput. I think how it was set up internally was shit, and bottlenecks everywhere. speeds would get to .00xmb/sec. unusable. so would tether my phone. 25mb/down unlimited is pretty great, and rack up pretty quick. I was pushing 150-200gb myself, and I know my brother also tethers his phone in school, so his is probably close. 

for home? My buddy does video work for a living. he wanted a offsite storage just incase something happened to his house, he didn't want to lose thousands of dollars of client work. so bittorrent sync between a "nas" set up in both homes. between that and game servers, and "ohsolegal" movie/50gb game downloads(between me and my bro, so works out to like 100gb for every game LOL) it adds up quick. 

on mobile? my schools internet had high speeds(500mb up/down) but like no throughput. I think how it was set up internally was shit, and bottlenecks everywhere. speeds would get to .00xmb/sec. unusable. so would tether my phone. 25mb/down unlimited is pretty great, and rack up pretty quick. I was pushing 150-200gb myself, and I know my brother also tethers his phone in school, so his is probably close. 

for home? My buddy does video work for a living. he wanted a offsite storage just incase something happened to his house, he didn't want to lose thousands of dollars of client work. so bittorrent sync between a "nas" set up in both homes. between that and game servers, and "ohsolegal" movie/50gb game downloads(between me and my bro, so works out to like 100gb for every game LOL) it adds up quick. 

yeah im showing this to my mom

im not the only one using more than 100GB data then :)