H220 NFS in USA (Patent Infringement)

Ghost

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

hahaha

Asetek      "stop selling our product"
Swiftech   "ok can we get a licence to sell the product than"
Asetek      "no we don't do that, just stop selling it"

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Lol , well time to get the cooler master eisberg then

Interested in Business and Technology

Buy your H220 before the stores pull them down if they haven't already.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

HOW is it even possible that they could patent something like this in 2012?  There is really nothing new in a all-in-one loop you could patent, but who cares....

HOW is it even possible that they could patent something like this in 2012?  There is really nothing new in a all-in-one loop you could patent, but who cares....

Because it contains a reservoir if you read the patent. :)

Enough is enough!  I've had it with these money grubbing companies sueing each other over these minute freakin patent claims!

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

We mustn't forget that the H320 which has barely even been released is probably affected by this as well.

If they have to stop selling it due to the reservoir other companies with pre-filled cooling loops could be affected too, couldn't they?

144Hz goodness

If they have to stop selling it due to the reservoir other companies with pre-filled cooling loops could be affected too, couldn't they?

Quote:

"...and comprising a reservoir having an amount of cooling liquid, said cooling liquid must..."

There's a chance other companies could have asked for asetek's permission and also most are liquid coolers are made by asetek. (Which Swiftech asked for after Asetek's claim).

(I'm not a lawyer, I may be completely wrong)

The patents and all patents aren't ideas it's implementation.

It's the way Swiftech has there reservoir 

http://www.swiftech.org/Asetek/123429065-Cooling-system-for-a-computer-system-US-patent-8245764.pdf

page 7 you can see the way it is implemented with the reservoir and pump on the heatsink. While others have the reservoir on the radiator.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Well this is sad news :(

I'm suprised to see that they can patent things like this, but then again, there have been even more ridiculous patents...

Is there any other alternative to a reservoir in a re-fill-able closed loop cooler?

Because it contains a reservoir if you read the patent. :)

you mean like a Aquacomputer Aquaduct anno 2006?

Wasn't a fan of the H220, but competition is always important in all industries so this sucks to be honest.

page 7 you can see the way it is implemented with the reservoir and pump on the heatsink. While others have the reservoir on the radiator.

The H220s reservoir is on the radiator.

Next thing we know, we patent radiators with rounded corners.

GG WP patents

doesn't apple already own the rounded rectangle patent?

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

The H220s reservoir is on the radiator.

I thought it was heat sink with the pump. Hmm. Well than I don't know what this is over but they must have a case if Swiftech is pulling there products.

Nah, all the others are Asetek OEM parts.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

This sucks, it's funny because the EU stores now have fresh stock of H220's after a long drought. I feel bad for those across the pond :(  

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Well, damn. No wonder Newegg hasn't had new stock in awhile. I've been wanting to try an H220 after watching Linus's comparison to the H100i which I currently have.