H220 NFS in USA (Patent Infringement)

Ghost

The patents and all patents aren't ideas it's implementation.

It's the way Swiftech has there reservoir 

http://www.swiftech.org/Asetek/123429065-Cooling-system-for-a-computer-system-US-patent-8245764.pdf

page 7 you can see the way it is implemented with the reservoir and pump on the heatsink. While others have the reservoir on the radiator.

Damn more patent abuse, this is really annoying.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

gogo USA land of stupid laws and greedy companies... this is just sad...

This really sucks since I was actually going to buy one, but I was waiting for the Asus Maximus vi Formula to be released... I didn't want to get the h100i but I guess I have to now unless their is a better option.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

This really sucks since I was actually going to buy one, but I was waiting for the Asus Maximus vi Formula to be released... I didn't want to get the h100i but I guess I have to now unless their is a better option.

Buy it from Canada or Ebay if you want one.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Bought my H220 two weeks ago. Glad I got it when I did. I'm still disappointed by this.

Not sure if I read this correctly but is swiftech planning on fighting it in the states or just pulling it for good?

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I'm getting one in a PC built next week in Australia.. Damn.. I hope it stays here in OZ! I feel for u yanks!

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I'm getting one in a PC built next week in Australia.. Damn.. I hope it stays here in OZ! I feel for u yanks!

No need to feel sorry for them, they can get a 780 for $200-300 cheaper. Pretty much all hardware is cheaper over there.

On topic: This really sucks.

that sucks I was saving up for one

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

No need to feel sorry for them, they can get a 780 for $200-300 cheaper. Pretty much all hardware is cheaper over there.

On topic: This really sucks.

Good point.. Screw u guys!

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Sucks. Was contemplating grabbing one. Gonna have to keep my eye on some used marketplaces.

That sucks that the US can't buy it now. If people really wanted it they could probably buy it from a different country and ship it to the US.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

One word: eBay

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

What's that you say?

Boycott Asetek?

Sounds Good!

Sounds harder than you think considering nearly all AIO Water Coolers have at least 1 part licensed by asetek.

Good thing I'm in Canada! It's really sad to see Swiftech loose money for such a brilliant product. Well, atleast they have the rest of the world? Doesn't this apply in another country as well?

Edit: Typo

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

• 1 month later...

Does Asetek really have the right to sue everyone or are they being patent trolls? I wonder what is the exact part of Swiftech's kit that infringes the patents and also what exact part of the patents are being being infringed by the other competitors such as Cool-IT and Coolermaster... do any of you happen to know?

Wow, this is an amazing product. In tests its outperforming all other coolers in its class. Never mind that its the quietest also.

Hmm... if Swifttech are infringing on their patents how come Asetek's coolers don't perform as good?  

My recommendation is that anyone in the US that really wants it should find a friend who lives abroad and get it delivered to them and then have their friend ship it to you.

If you have no friends and are willing to pay the delivery charges from Ireland PM me :) 

That is a great cooler, no one should not have access to it.

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring this thread up again, but in my opinion it should be a sticky under the water cooling section, simply because a lot of AIO buyers don't even know about the company which really created the kit of their copy AIOs (Asetek). I've always been wondering why all the AIOs from different companies looked exactly the same and got the same "updated" versions (suddenly all of them came out with round shaped pumps, radiators sizes above 240mm and the same mounting mechanism).

Now I know that Asetek is keeping other companies from developing more improved parts for their AIOs by suing them and referring to their brainless patents. How could you even patent something that simple? There is pretty much no other way to build an AIO without using any part / design Asetek already patented. Because of Aseteks behavior I'm not willing to buy any AIO water cooling units from companies who are re-branding their products including Corsair, NZXT, Fractal (?) and Cooler Master and I hope other users will think about their purchase now. Very sad that tech reviewers have to promote their products. Let's hope the Raijintek Triton or Alphacool Eisberg (which of course it not entirely free of Aseteks patents, at least I think so) but costs a lot less than other AIOs will perform well.

However, if I misunderstood something completely wrong and hated on Asetek by no reason you can of course correct me and tell me what really is going on. I'm always open for others minds!

Thank you