Republicans’ “Internet Freedom Act” would wipe out net neutrality

Both parties have sold the people out to corporate interests. I mean at least the Republicans aren't forcing us to buy private insurance or get fined by the government every year! 

Yes they are. Democrats wanted a single payer system, but couldn't get that past the Republican filibuster. Heck, Obamacare is the Republican healthcare plan from the 70's.

When election time comes around, popularity is very important to a party. It determines a win or a loss. Both parties attempt to gain popularity during this time. If the Republicans want a win, which they do, then there's no way that the majority of them will get behind the "Internet Freedom Act."

I was pointing out that there isn't an election coming up, unless you count next years presidential election, which is already looking like a lose for everyone if Hilary wins, and the republicans look to be going with the same morons from the past.

In the end, we're f**ked unless some independent comes along, somehow manages to nullify the member so congress based on their honestly criminal behavior, and call a convention of states to redefine the rules for members of congress and politicians in the entire country. Make it illegal for them to accept political donations from corporations or people who run or have stocks invested in corporations, make it illegal for them, their relatives, their friends, and anyone they know personally to have stocks in a corporation. Require them to read laws before signing it, make closed door meetings illegal for them, etc.

man, I'm normally considered a republican, and even I think they're stupid.

I'm the same way.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

We should all hold our hate or love of the FCC ruling tell after we get to see the 300+ page document.

And for sanity sake why the idea that one bad Republican makes them all the devil, this is like saying since one 4770k can't oc that well they are all crap.

I haven't meat one group yet that doesn't have some crazy dumb people in it.

Either way hale Gabe.

P.S. by the way the department of the Internet does sound scary, like something form a cartoon(I know this sounds childish, but truly do you guys like the sound of a department of the internet?)

"If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."   -Martin Luther King, Jr

At least this will never get enough support from anyone to pass. Even if ISPs get enough lobbying done to persuade enough people in both houses to pass this sorry excuse for legislation, the president will NEVER sign this and will without a shadow of a doubt veto this and there is no way the supporters of this bill could get the 2/3 vote they need to over turn Obama's veto.

BRkj4jM_700wa_0.gif

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

If anyone hasn't read the text of the legislation, I suggest you get right on that.

http://blackburn.house.gov/uploadedfiles/internet_freedom.pdf

I'm kind of paraphrasing jayztwocents and jerry here, but you should actually read these things because what people say about them can be completely different to the actual content of the bill.

Just ask anyone who lives in Washington state.

This post seems super familiar, i remember this Blackburn and she got the same if not more amount of 'donations' from ISP

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

Are you actually implying that Republicans control congress because that's where popular opinion has shifted? I almost feel bad for you and how you will feel in 2016. As much as I'm a left leaning independent, a lot of lefties are stupid and don't get as involved as they should in the political process. Only 1/3 of the people who voted in the last presidential cycle turned out to vote last year. The problem is an "I don't care attitude." The country is not actually becoming more right wing.

I didn't say anything about popular opinion but there is a reason why Democrats have gone from having a super majority when the ACA was passed without a single Republican vote to being the minority party in both sides of Congress. And not just in one election but they lost a lot of seats 2 election cycles in a row. 

you do know that all other developed countries have national healthcare 

Theres a difference between having access to healthcare and having a method to pay for it. Reagan signed a bill in the 80's that healthcare providers like hospitals have to treat everyone regardless of their ability to pay (and race, etc). What is nationalized in other countries is control of hospitals, billing, ect. In the US everyone has had access to life saving healthcare for decades now. 

I didn't say anything about popular opinion but there is a reason why Democrats have gone from having a super majority when the ACA was passed without a single Republican vote to being the minority party in both sides of Congress. And not just in one election but they lost a lot of seats 2 election cycles in a row.

I just told you the reason. It has nothing to do with the ACA.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

What I said wasn't meant in a 100% literal sense. They already have the ability to expand and upgrade their networks.

Lol I know. And mine was. It's called irony.

I guess Comcast/AT&T and other cocksuckers payed well some other cocksuckers(aka republicans) and came up with a quick fix since legally they cant do anything against FCC decisions,which they threatened so heavyily.

"We need the freedom to take away other people's freedom of choice! "

I almost didn't believe it but only a politician can be that fucking stupid and hipocritical

-------

Current Rig

-------

Once again hitting the nail in the head that repubs are retarded. Not saying all of them are, but the ones that people vote into power certainly are.

Are you actually implying that Republicans control congress because that's where popular opinion has shifted? I almost feel bad for you and how you will feel in 2016. As much as I'm a left leaning independent, a lot of lefties are stupid and don't get as involved as they should in the political process. Only 1/3 of the people who voted in the last presidential cycle turned out to vote last year. The problem is an "I don't care attitude." The country is not actually becoming more right wing.

Remember that there is no such thing as no choice. Not voting is still a political choice, it just doesn't seems that way because not only should you not assume all people fit into a specific political party but this is even worst on a country with only 2 major parties. 

So effectively, the fact that some people choose to vote for Republicans and others choose to stop voting for Democrats (not changing their vote mind you, just not voting) is making the country more conservative. Ideally, people without interest in any of this parties should form another group supporting Anarchist principles for example but in the end, choosing not to care its still a choice.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Politicians represent the special interest groups that fund their campaigns and only care about themselves. A politicians moral compass doesn't possess the aptitude to care for the well-being of others, although that's what they intend on having you believe.

The whole system is build upon deceit and self interest. You can't trust anybody.

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

Theres a difference between having access to healthcare and having a method to pay for it. Reagan signed a bill in the 80's that healthcare providers like hospitals have to treat everyone regardless of their ability to pay (and race, etc). What is nationalized in other countries is control of hospitals, billing, ect. In the US everyone has had access to life saving healthcare for decades now. 

you need to be on the edge of death to receive healthcare pssh sounds perfectly fine we dont need to do anything more

This sad for America because my father when he was young told me that America is a power house and they have limited possibilities with the internet back in the 90's, but i told him so why don't they have nationwide high speed rail (Avoid long time waits on planes and snow storms that cancel flights) because in mind its was going to same as the train situation , Here in Japan i get 200 mbps, TV, and phone for 750 yen (6.25 usd) month. I can't image you pay regional monopoly isp plans. I use a vpn to some of favorite american tv shows like breaking bad and game of thrones.

At least Obama can still veto this bill.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

image.jpg

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Maybe they didn't turn out this time because they see how badly they got duped last time?

Yet some people persist in being duped.

Because if you think that the FCC is going to do anything for your benefit then you really are fooling yourself.

Just look at how much Comcast and it's CEO donated to Barack Obama, or where the current head of the FCC worked before he took the position.  

Just where do you think he's going to go after he leaves the FCC?  He's going to be become a very high priced lobbyist working for those ISPs now regulated by the FCC.

But beyond all that, just what do you think the FCC is going to do when it is President Ted Cruz appointing all the members?

The solution to a government created problem is not more government. 

The left used to be about freedom, now it's all about control.

Every one should call their congressman and voice their opinion about this bill. We have to continue to support net neutrality to keep it going. You can contact the creator of this bill, Marsha Blackburn, at 202-225-2811. 

If they are that easy to buy, if we all chipped in a couple of bucks, think we could make them come up with some good laws?

Apple, Piss Off! ~ Linus 2014

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015