NVIDIA digs deep as latest driver 347.29 on GTX900M series disable overclocking feature

Now they've gone too far.... (I guess)

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

What is going on with nVidia? They can't just disable something like this!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I do. Overclocked mine.

you can probably still flash the Vbios i mean its not that best news but your just losing a 135mhz boost. if you really wanted to overclock you needed to flash vbios anyways.

Needs Update

Nvidia has a point, though they shouldn't have allowed it in the first place.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I do. Overclocked mine.

Should be nice when it's cold.

This makes me confused, should I switch to NVIDIA? I'm using AMD right now and this makes me delay my decision.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

This makes me confused, should I switch to NVIDIA? I'm using AMD right now and this makes me delay my decision.

This concerns mobile GPUs only so... yeah... go with what you want...

Well... im kinda very dissapointed on Nvidia for the 900 series. i might just get 3 780Tis for my new rig instead of 3 970.

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Another reason to hate Nvidia

MOVE ALONG PEOPLE

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Well... im kinda very dissapointed on Nvidia for the 900 series. i might just get 3 780Tis for my new rig instead of 3 970.

That makes absolutely no sense, everyone complains the 970 has 3.5gb of vram instead of 4gb and you decide to go with gpus that have 3gb?

This is about gpus on a notebook, has nothing to do with the 970

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Wait for 390X.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That makes absolutely no sense, everyone complains the 970 has 3.5gb of vram instead of 4gb and you decide to go with gpus that have 3gb?

More specific: 6GB STRiX 780(Ti)s.

There less expensive than the 3GB Model in my store funny enough.

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

When have you ever been able to overclock a laptop gpu anyway? (except for rare occasions) I don't see a problem with this honestly average laptops do not have the cooling capacity to deal with an overclocked chip, hell they barely deal with stock clocked chips.

Wait for 390X.

Not going AMD. I've tried enough cards (7970, 7950, 270,265,285,Even back to the 4870X2) And if they werent DOA, They would overheat, or the drivers were CRAP and crashed on me, and so on.

It's not about that, it's about Nvidia constantly kneecapping their products. Why shouldn't we be allowed to overclock our laptops of we so choose?

Not going AMD. I've tried enough cards (7970, 7950, 270,265,285,Even back to the 4870X2) And if they werent DOA, They would overheat, or the drivers were CRAP and crashed on me, and so on.

Did you really go with stock cards? because aftermarket AMD cards don't overheat. Stock cards suck.

It's not about that, it's about Nvidia constantly kneecapping their products. Why shouldn't we be allowed to overclock our laptops of we so choose?

I bet you 10 bucks, that it wasn't really nvidia decison, but the one of the major brands who don't want take care about cry babys who destroyed their fancy laptops after fucking around with the clock speeds of their GPUs.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Nvidia, wut the fuck you doin M8?

STAHP

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nvidia is being so ignant. AFAIC they've lost my business.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Who cares about laptop GPUs. Why would I even want to overclock my GPU on my laptop when I hit 83 degrees celcius without any overclocks with it.