AMD now has a green team

spartaman64

LOL i see what you did there amd

its nice to see amd being environmentally aware and setting an example. i also hope this might mean that the r9 300 series is going to be efficient 

edit: come on guys lets not make this positive action turn negative amd is trying their best and i heard their server components are actually really efficient and their commitment to 25x the efficiency of APUs

edit 2: amd's office looks really nice

Very like AMD to be WAY behind the times.

P.S. The 300 series is already rumored to be 300W.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Huehuehue

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

LOL AMD AND GREEN LOLOLOLOLOL

now that its out of the way, I really hope they do make their stuff more efficient. but there's always something fun about just throwing power at the problem. (7950 and 7970 running at 1175mhz each over here in the same rig)

They care about the environment? Wish they would care about the power consumption of their cards.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

They care about the environment? Wish they would care about the power consumption of their cards.

i heard amd on the server side is actually really efficient and their commitment to 25x the efficiency of apus 

300W TDP cards aren't very environmentally friendly. :0

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

AMD's color has always been green... who's been living under a rock?

AMD-Logo.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Molten hot, power sucking GPUs and CPUs is the green way to go.

The funniest thing is that I don't care, if the R9 390X is 40-55% more powerful than my 780 I'M BUYING IT.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

also lamborghinis, what is your point? 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Very like AMD to be WAY behind the times.

P.S. The 300 series is already rumored to be 300W.

Power consumption as a standalone figure is meaningless. If it's 300W and has the power of ten million GTX 980s, that's amazingly green and energy-efficient.

AMD's color has always been green... who's been living under a rock?

but they are called the red team while nvidia is the green team

LOL i see what you did there amd

its nice to see amd being environmentally aware and setting an example. i also hope this might mean that the r9 300 series is going to be efficient 

edit: come on guys lets not make this positive action turn negative amd is trying their best and i heard their server components are actually really efficient and their commitment to 25x the efficiency of APUs

dat video title "Green team talks trash"

3HnJg43.gif

This arrives at a nice time to the forums, with all the GTX970 discussion going on xD

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

Power consumption as a standalone figure is meaningless. If it's 300W and has the power of ten million GTX 980s, that's amazingly green and energy-efficient.

It's all relative and the 300 series certainly won't harness that power. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

This arrives at a nice time to the forums, with all the GTX970 discussion going on xD

now amd has to make a video title that subtly refers to that

Watch this later, I will. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

but they are called the red team while nvidia is the green team

technically their gpu line is the red team, based on ATI's logo and color. AMD's cpu side has always been green long before they bought ATI.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I fail to understand how it's "green" to "go green" and then put out a bunch of press about how you've "gone green"

Seems pretty fucking wasteful to me, considering you are creating unnecessary content, to talk about something that has literally nothing to do with the customer.

Not just AMD, but any and all companies.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I fail to understand how it's "green" to "go green" and then put out a bunch of press about how you've "gone green"

Seems pretty fucking wasteful to me, considering you are creating unnecessary content, to talk about something that has literally nothing to do with the customer.

Not just AMD, but any and all companies.

they are promoting the consumer to recycle 

Yea, without a doubt, but it is rumored to be 40% more powerful than a GTX980, while consuming twice as much power.

I was absolutely blown away, blown away when Nvidia improved performance from 7 to 900, by reducing power.  Not everyone is going to value the power saving features, and admittedly, I will personally take the more powerful card over the more energy conscious one, but the fact that we have people improving power, and reducing footprint, that is really something special, at least in my opinion.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

It's all relative and the 300 series certainly won't harness that power. 

Still though, it should be taken into context. 300W TDP but very good performance for the price is something that many people are willing to live with.

"Rawr XD"

Yea, without a doubt, but it is rumored to be 40% more powerful than a GTX980, while consuming twice as much power.

I was absolutely blown away, blown away when Nvidia improved performance from 7 to 900, by reducing power.  Not everyone is going to value the power saving features, and admittedly, I will personally take the more powerful card over the more energy conscious one, but the fact that we have people improving power, and reducing footprint, that is really something special, at least in my opinion.

tdp isnt power consumption i think 900 still consumes more power but less is converted to heat

they are promoting the consumer to recycle 

It's still freaking wasteful. And obnoxious.

I don't care if you or anyone goes green, do it and keep it to yourself. Instead of increasing the smug % by talking about it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs