GTX 960 4GB model coming in March

Rodneyg87

I was reading Yahoo's front page and ran across this article. It pretty much states that a 4GB VRAM model of the newly launched GTX 960 is coming in 2 months, and that the starting price would be around $249.00. The articles claims are based on news obtained by Inno3D's presentation of their new Ichill 4gb model. I personally would welcome it since the 960 seems to performs well even with the gimped 128 bit bus, so the extra 2gb of VRAM would allow the card to actually be a contender for maxed out 1080p gaming and a possibility for 1440p and 1080p multi-monitor configurations.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-960-4-gb-vram-models-launch-march-2015-adopt-hefty-price-range/

81e0af215ea87afb53613a295d79329f.png

Edit:

The 980 will come out with a 12GB varient.

Source: WCCF.

www.WCCFtech.com (Don't actually click the link)

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Yeah.. I doubt it..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Wouldn't make much sense, but enough stupid people to buy it so why not

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Its possible, they did make a 4GB GTX 760 that I'm currently using in one of my builds :D

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Its possible, they did make a 4GB GTX 760 that I'm currently using in one of my builds :D

That has a 256bit bus. Not the weaksauce 128 that the 960 has ;)

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

That was also a stupid card. :P

That has a 256bit bus.

Are the 2GB 760s using 256bit? I honestly have no idea.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Are the 2GB 760s using 256bit? I honestly have no idea.

Nvmd :D 

I believe so. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I still wouldn't buy it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hey go ahead and flame all you want if a 4gb model hits the shelves its what will be going into my machine plain and simple, because i won't have the cash to get a 970 and I personally have had way to much bad luck with AMD cards in the past to ever want one again. My last gaming pc in one year went through 3 AMD gpu's that all went bad so I personally am going Nvidia for my next, I have never built a machine with an Nvidia gpu so they get my business this time around.

That was also a stupid card. :P

A stupid card I almost bought...

Sig under construction.

no it will be 3,5gb card just like the 970...lol

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

Hey go ahead and flame all you want if a 4gb model hits the shelves its what will be going into my machine plain and simple, because i won't have the cash to get a 970 and I personally have had way to much bad luck with AMD cards in the past to ever want one again. My last gaming pc in one year went through 3 AMD gpu's that all went bad so I personally am going Nvidia for my next, I have never built a machine with an Nvidia gpu so they get my business this time around.

Heck! Seriously? That's some R E A L bad luck for you. That sucks. :(

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Maybe you should stop buying used mining cards.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Heck! Seriously? That's some R E A L bad luck for you. That sucks. :(

Yea it does. I was going to have $1,500 to work with for my new pc in april but because of unforeseen circumstances my student loan check for this coming term will only be $1,100 and thats got to cover pc, mouse, keyboard, and monitor so thats why a 960 is what i'm forced to go with unless I can come up with extra money from somewhere. Unfortunately bills eat up 100% of my paychecks so its really hard to just save cash like anyone else. 

Maybe you should stop buying used mining cards.

Dude this was back before mining ever was a thing. My last pc that I built was in 2009. And they were brand new when I purchased them from the retailer still sealed in their plastic wrap. 

no it will be 3,5gb card just like the 970...lol

I tested this with Skyrim yesterday and it quite happily used more than 3.5GB. Would like to test it with other games that use more than 3GB at 4K but there really aren't many. If someone would like to buy me Shadow of Mordor I wouldn't complain lol

And I like this move. 128-bit bus notwithstanding this makes SLI a viable upgrade path for people who buy one of these cards. I think Nvidia (and AMD) worry about SLI and Crossfire making their mid range cards compete with their high end, hence why they do things like limit the vram to 2GB or gimp the bus and it's a shame because I would like people to at least have the option, even if it's not as good a solution as just buying a 970 initially.

And I like this move. 128-bit bus notwithstanding this makes SLI a viable upgrade path for people who buy one of these cards. I think Nvidia (and AMD) worry about SLI and Crossfire making their mid range cards compete with their high end, hence why they do things like limit the vram to 2GB or gimp the bus and it's a shame because I would like people to at least have the option, even if it's not as good a solution as just buying a 970 initially.

If you watch Linus's video he posted about the 960 SLI the other day the SLI 960's out performed the single 970 in most of the games he tested and those were only the 2gb versions. So I agree with you those of us like me that have very limited funds can go with a single 960 now for a lot less and have a good experience and bump up to a second 960 later and in the end spend the same amount as a single 970 on an extremely tight budget.

If you watch Linus's video he posted about the 960 SLI the other day the SLI 960's out performed the single 970 in most of the games he tested and those were only the 2gb versions. So I agree with you those of us like me that have very limited funds can go with a single 960 now for a lot less and have a good experience and bump up to a second 960 later and in the end spend the same amount as a single 970 on an extremely tight budget.

Haven't seen that video yet but it doesn't surprise me. Last generation two 760s performed better than a 780, and two 270Xs did better than a 290. For a long time using two 770s in SLI was the solution that made the most sense to a lot of people. If I were still content with 1080/1440p I wouldn't have bothered upgrading from my (3GB) 580s.