Pirated Far Cry 4 on PC? Too bad Ubisoft left a surprise for you!

Inimigor

Hahahaha you pirates have been don......wait they patched it oh.....oh well

So let me get this straight the Pirates got it early for free and had it patched yeah you showed them

It sounds more like the left it out and had to patch it in

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

do they really think pirates are unable to get updates?

Xeon E3-1231-v3 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro // Asus Z97AR // XFX RX 480 GTR

Wow...

Not a single fucking publication nor person bothered checking what was really going on...

The 1.0 version of the game was completely broken and had no FOV option but you could change it in the .cfg.

It has nothing to do with an anti piracy measure, the retail release version was simply shit, they've already patched it twice and it still has issues.

And there were a lot of people who bought the game and played it before the day 1 patch was pushed out, others had auto updates disabled or played offline, leaving them with the broken 1.0 version.

Funny how they tweet that crap to cover their asses, ridiculous.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Now this is a way to give middle finger to pirates, not fucking DRM game crashing SSD killing virus (yes a fucking virus because it doesnt do any good to us).

I am all for doing games like this if developers make outstanding pc ports :)

For someone who buys games twice a year (steam holiday sales) i can afford to buy some games and dont have problem with anti-piracy techniques that dont influence buyers.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Except my pirated copy has no such issue!

Nice try Ubisoft, but we all know you're just bullshitting and trying to mask yet another bug the game has.

This thread is a great display of why a lot of devs don't give many shits about PC. The number of little shit stains that think they're entitled to everything for free just because their mommies never told them "No." and have never had to work a real job.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I don't know... i'm trying to link the profits as in the way I would get on my profession, every time I give the price for fixing computers (around U$38,50) everyone says it's too expensive, even though it's literraly less than any other person on the market (around U$58) and if I would fix their computers for free and just wait for someone to recognize and give me some money i am pretty sure i'd be broke in less than two months. When i plan a network in my town everyone says I shouldn't charge for it because i didn't put the cables in place, nor mount the system for it, even though I am the one who calculated what's necessary, chose the hardware and software to be used.

In game development there's engine, time consumed, workers necessity and comfort, there's cost to everything, if almost any industry tried to survive from donations i am quite certain it would not work.

See even the LinusTechTips crew who HAS a donation present still has sponsors and deals with companies because i can assure you that donations are not enough for the company to improve itself (and also the donation removes ads from the forum. wich is nice)

Very true about Linus, but even still, they manage to offer a better service than Ubisoft. My point was that game developers need to move away from big companies like Ubisoft and EA, and start their own companies. Indie Devs on steam are great example. While most games flop, there are a few to my knowledge that have been very successful. Not to mention games like Star Citizen which are entirely crowd funded (although that is a bad example as it has yet to launch) but has still broken every record for a crowd funded game.

I just think that production houses need to go away, same as with the music industry and record labels. Why in hell would you bother with a big ass label when you could just make your music (which is somewhat cheap using just a computer and a microphone, it's been done before) and sell it on the internet? Can you get ridiculously rich from concerts? No, but you could probably make a living doing it. I just look forward to the day when a person can be their own corporation and not have to deal with greedy ass lawyers and businessmen who care less about providing good service, and more about fucking the customer over.

This thread is a great display of why a lot of devs don't give many shits about PC. The number of little shit stains that think they're entitled to everything for free just because their mommies never told them "No." and have never had to work a real job.

Many of us have had to work a real job, and aren't going to pay $60-$70 for a shitty broken ass product. Perhaps you should come up with an intelligent rebuttal instead of just calling everyone a shit stain. And generally I feel the Devs do care (the ones doing the actual work). The problem here is production companies that "want a product right fucking now for cheap and to hell with the customer" and don't give the Devs a chance to do proper testing and fix problems before releasing the game.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1. Wtf?

2. Just pirate the updated version

3. ???

4. Profit

The thing that before the patch which fixes it comes, everyone who has bought it will also have the problems.Then,when the patch comes, it's only a difference of maximum a day before it gets pirated.

Wtf ubisoft.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Hey maybe pirates can fix your core optimization Ubisoft. Kind of silly that my game runs much smoother at a locked 30 with double vsync and Riva Tuner Framepacing than without Vsync or triple buffered vsync on a flipping 4770k all because you think we are still on single core chips and the game is a stuttering mess on any CPU you throw at it. Oh well least my R9 290 console can run ultrad out with 4xSMAA... Not quite as cinematic as the console version though. Not enough frame drops from dat 30 FPS..

I think you should aim for worse core usage on the next game. 

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

You are pretty gullible seeing Total Biscuit complained that the FOV didn't work and got a press copy. There was a Day 1 patch. Then another patch, and you have BS journalists claiming there is no stuttering on Nvidia GPU's when there is on GTX 980's with flipping SMAA let alone Nvidia's lol recommendation of 4xTXAA (you are drunk Nvidia), phony benchmarks which were linked on this forum from "Gamer Nexus", promoting the idea that AMD cards can't run this game at all. Oh and to top it all off? Nvidia/Ubisoft added a late addition in the game. Tree tessellation which blurs shadows on trees and looks WORSE, all so Nvidia could beat a R9 290 with a GTX 970 in more legit benchmarks LOL.

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/far-cry-4-test-gpu.html

Guess what? The pirates who had the game before release? Pretty sure those guys also have the patches, which haven't fixed much for paying customers.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

You are pretty gullible seeing Total Biscuit complained that the FOV didn't work and got a press copy. There was a Day 1 patch. Then another patch, and you have BS journalists claiming there is no stuttering on Nvidia GPU's when there is on GTX 980's with flipping SMAA let alone Nvidia's lol recommendation of 4xTXAA (you are drunk Nvidia), phony benchmarks which were linked on this forum from "Gamer Nexus", promoting the idea that AMD cards can't run this game at all. Oh and to top it all off? Nvidia/Ubisoft added a late addition in the game. Tree tessellation which blurs shadows on trees and looks WORSE, all so Nvidia could beat a R9 290 with a GTX 970 in more legit benchmarks LOL.

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/far-cry-4-test-gpu.html

Guess what? The pirates who had the game before release? Pretty sure those guys also have the patches, which haven't fixed much for paying customers.

My post that you quoted had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the game ran like shit. I actually watched TotalBiscuit's video and agreed with him entirely. So I'm not sure what your point was in quoting that post.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

What?

I all games on a combination of medium-high, if not high(or more), and I've got a 560.The 500 series was launched in 2010 I think.

I didn't say the card wasn't capable I have a Asus 560ti in one of my old machines but it's not fair to expect that older cards can always run high settings in new games.

I like it when games like the original Far Cry and Crysis even fear and Quake 4 to lesser extents come out and require high end hardware to run high settings lol I don't mind having to wait until next gen to max out games so long as they actually push graphics further and aren't just horribly optimized.

I get it AC:U isn't pushing graphics forward and is just badly optimized so should be fine on a 660 if it weren't for bad optimization. Hell Black flag could max pretty much everything out with a overclocked 4gb 270x and AC:U doesn't look that much better.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Many of us have had to work a real job, and aren't going to pay $60-$70 for a shitty broken ass product. Perhaps you should come up with an intelligent rebuttal instead of just calling everyone a shit stain. And generally I feel the Devs do care (the ones doing the actual work). The problem here is production companies that "want a product right fucking now for cheap and to hell with the customer" and don't give the Devs a chance to do proper testing and fix problems before releasing the game.

I agree 100%. Nobody should pay money for a shitty broken product. That doesn't give people a free pass to pirate the game.

If the product is shitty then don't buy it, don't pirate it, don't play it. Plain and simple.

This is part of what I mean by entitlement. They have no self-control and can't comprehend the idea of just not playing the game. You will live to see another day even if you don't play Far Cry 4.

I agree 100%. Nobody should pay money for a shitty broken product. That doesn't give people a free pass to pirate the game.

If the product is shitty then don't buy it, don't pirate it, don't play it. Plain and simple.

This is part of what I mean by entitlement. They have no self-control and can't comprehend the idea of just not playing the game. You will live to see another day even if you don't play Far Cry 4.

Oh I wouldn't even bother with undertaking the effort to pirate the game in the first place. I just see piracy as the same thing as not playing it (to an extent). They don't get their money either way. The only difference is they can bitch about the piracy (although they likely would blame piracy even if no one bought it or pirated it)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's funny. Because I played it on a  friends PC, and he didn't pirate it....and it didn't have FOV control. 
ITS CALLED PATCHES RETARDS. 

Anyway came to the  conclusion I would not want to lay this game, not even pirated. Pirating != boycotting. 

You know what pirates also got? A better running game out of the box. As disabling DRM improves cpu multi threading for some reason.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Funnily enough, those that say their skipping this one cos it's Ubisoft...

So if they actually released a game, that works and plays well... would you still skip it?

Cos Farcry4 is hella fun and very enjoyable for myself... Performance isn't an issue, it runs perfectly  (at least for me)

So my Question is...

If it worked great for everyone, and you liked the idea of the game... would you still skip it, because it's Ubisoft?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ha! Ubisoft does something at-least a little bit correctly!

Oh there'll be some poor legit player who's update buggered up.

Funnily enough, those that say their skipping this one cos it's Ubisoft...

So if they actually released a game, that works and plays well... would you still skip it?

Cos Farcry4 is hella fun and very enjoyable for myself... Performance isn't an issue, it runs perfectly  (at least for me)

So my Question is...

If it worked great for everyone, and you liked the idea of the game... would you still skip it, because it's Ubisoft?

It runs on 1 thread unless you disable DRM which you can do without pirating but still

-.-

I'll play this game, but not at launch. Not after unity. I'll wait a few months and get it cheaper. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Reading the title I thought it was something serious like a script to turn our PC to a bitcoin miner like that one Watch Dogs torrent. This is no problem, just download the patch or set Fov manually in the game files

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Reading the title I thought it was something serious like a script to turn our PC to a bitcoin miner like that one Watch Dogs torrent. This is no problem, just download the patch or set Fov manually in the game files

Seriously. Hate this misleading thread. Ubisoft didn't "leave a surprise," they just yet again released an unfinished game and have to patch it a ton on launch 

muh specs 

All parts black

That's the best troll they could come up with?  No fov slider?  Come on, if you're going to mess with the pirates, put some really zany stuff in there.  Like resolution swapping on the fly, randomly switching key mappings, every character in the game gains an eyepatch and the Spongebob theme song plays every time you fire a gun.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

That's the best troll they could come up with?  No fov slider?  Come on, if you're going to mess with the pirates, put some really zany stuff in there.  Like resolution swapping on the fly, randomly switching key mappings, every character in the game gains an eyepatch and the Spongebob theme song plays every time you fire a gun.

They didn't do it. This is something the day one patch fixed, which not all legitimate users patched. Meanwhile the day one edition runs on o ne thread unless you disable uplay or something to turn off the drm, meanwhile the pirated version performs better. 

So ubisoft shipping unfinished game now equals ubisoft trolling pirates. Nice try OP

muh specs 

All parts black

Pretty much.  They realized they screwed up and rather than admit it they said "AHA!  No that wasn't a mistake, it was an anti-piracy measure!  We're smart right?".

Ubisoft in denial tho.  What pirated game doesnt get patches these days?  ^_^

Not a big deal the patch will roll out on pirate sites and a new crack will be made for the updated version. Ubisoft trying to reclaim some kind of respect and it's not working.