Pirated Far Cry 4 on PC? Too bad Ubisoft left a surprise for you!

Inimigor

Would everyone hate me if I went and bought far cry 4?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Dude, the patch to fix it was also day 1. If you bought the game on day 1 you got the patch the exact same day. Weather it was intentional, or they just took advantage of a feature they left out before launch, it was still cleaver and funny. Just because I don't like a company doesn't mean I can't appreciate something cool when they do it.

It's a harmless little prank an I wish more devs. would do stuff like this.

Harmless?

They fucked all their costumers and then they released a patch to fix it,thinking that it would discourage pirating even though the patch got cracked really soon as well.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Harmless?

They fucked all their costumers and then they released a patch to fix it,thinking that it would discourage pirating even though the patch got cracked really soon as well.

Is not having a FOV slider for a few hours really egregious enough to say they're "fucking customers"? Da hell man?

And obviously this wasn't intended to discourage pirating, because obvious. It was just a harmless jab and it was genuinely funny.

Also, I'm not trying to pick a fight and I'm no fan of Ubisoft, it's just that people are getting waaay too angry about a funny trap that may not have even been intentional. Lighten up people!

There are legitimate reasons to shit on Ubisoft. This is not one of them.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Is not having a FOV slider for a few hours really egregious enough to say they're "fucking customers"

Absolutely agree, sure Ubisoft have been doing some trashy things lately but now it seems everyone will jump on them for the slightest thing, its getting out of hand

Yes they need bad publicity, and they need to stop fucking around and get back on track, but a few small issues are not enough to keep kicking them when they are down

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ok, you have expressed your rage at yet another company. And you have thrown insults at people without any merit at all, once again. So did you actually answer his question? Did you comply to his request of contextual relevance? If you keep going off on rage tangents like that, then nobody is going to listen to you. I have told you this several times already; it appears that you haven't learned.

Rage? By setting stuff straight? We have a complete farce of a benchmark on this tech news forum which doesn't even belong here that isn't close to reality and "Gamer Nexus" is probably a PAID Nvidia blogger, which should have been removed days ago (and I am about to post in that thread).AMD must not read this forum because I would have put in a formal complaint if I worked for the company.

We have Rhood who feels the need to talk about something he has literally ZERO knowledge of in this thread, supporting a company who ships broken products, has lied repeatedly in the last year and deserves criticism.

I have a better idea. How about people stop posting fake benchmarks with no proof the person even performed a benchmark that are literally 30 FPS off on some cards? How about the mods remove posts like that, instead of having to police people who are butt hurt over being WRONG. How about you and Rhood go flood Total Bisctuit's twitter and call him a Pirate. 

I was wrong about my FPS stutter Far Cry fix where I removed MIP. Hell I am the one who said I was WRONG. It lowers quality. IF someone told me I was wrong, I would not have cared. I would have said. Oh, thanks I was wrong. Whoops!

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I would really like to read your view point, especially considering you say no one has been able to argue against it.

Also curious why you say piracy is not stealing. If the content creator is not profiting from their intellectual property which is not intended to be obtained for free, then in essence it's stealing.

Well, it's more of that my viewpoint is pretty balanced and based on the law that no one has really been able to argue it.

And piracy is not stealing by american law. It's all about usage rights. It takes a long time to explain my viewpoint on this, but in a basic sense I guess you could say piracy is making a copy, or simply knowing information, where stealing the original is taken. 

If someone had a shirt you liked, and they duplicated it for you, you now have 2 shirts and violated IP, not a stolen shirt. That's over simplifying, but you get the idea. PIracy is in essence sharing knowledge that you have the right to know but don't have the right to share, not stealing. It's based on the definition that ideas themselves can be owned and regulated, and distributed with usage rights. Imagine a file you wanted to share was just a string of 10 letters. You told your friends those 10 letters, or the world for that matter, and suddenly you broke the law. Knowing those letters is legal, and you are able to get that knowledge legally. But telling someone else is not legal. 

Now, files have too much information to be humanly possible to share like that, so it is a far fetched analogy, but it's there. It's not illegal to disclose the exact specifications of a car that you bought, reverse engineering it and measuring every part of it. And it's not illegal for someone to take that information and make their own replica as long as they don't sell it. But not with IP.

Imagine you had the mental ability to share files by voice. (see bender using the time code in futurama xD). You could technically violate the law by saying certain things in a certain order, and someone else writes that down. 

It's not that simple, but it's a good analogy to understand the basic odd philosophy behind usage rights. My actual opinion on this is really long and drawn out, but there is a reason I'm strongly against using pirated software for anything that makes a profit, or anything you didn't buy on a commercial licence for that matter. It's not hard to see that using that replica car you made to make a profit is very clearly wrong. Simply knowing someone isn't wrong. In many ways my full opinion is against piracy, but also against the DMCA and the way it is implemented. I also acknowledge my full opinion is not perfect,  and leaves out some content creators, such as music artists. It's a really grey issue in some places. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

So what Ubisoft? I'll just pirate a newer version. Problem solved.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

It means you can't admit when you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about. 

1) The game was released EARLY online before the patch was even in and that was the copy Total Biscuit had and MANY people had who bought the game legally.

2) MANY people complained on the official forums who had purchased the game about the FOV AND the Ambient Occlusion being broken. In addition the EARLY copy could have FOV through the ini (gamerprofile.XML). I know I sat there for hours trying to troubleshoot my friends broken game.

My friend bought this game. His ambient occlusion was broken before the patch. People accused the people complaining about it of piracy on the Ubisoft forums, and it was all BS.  Ubisoft is 100 percent full of crap here. This is FUD to try to represent pirated copies as being broken or incomplete. Ubisoft didn't do anything smart here. Ubisoft outsmarted no one. This is simply about tricking naive people who actually believe anything that still comes out of Ubisoft's mouth. It worked on you. 

Ubisoft outsmarting people? That will be the day buddy. The pirates have the patches and have a better copy than mine. Why? Cus they don't have to deal with Uplay BS, and MANY people could not even download/play the game as of yesterday and they pre ordered the damn thing. I guess all the people complaining on Neogaf and the official forums about not being able to download their pre order are "pirates" as well. More like once again, Ubisoft released a broken game, with a broken online service and the pirates deal with none of it. 

This goes to @Syntaxvgm as well.

My post literally has nothing to do with the state of the game, the state in which it was released, how shitty it runs, how broken it is, or to do with delayed patches.

My post was explicitly about how many people in this thread think that the game being shitty entitles them to pirate it. Nothing more, nothing less. Do you understand that yet?

I have never defended Ubisoft here in the slightest. I am actually saying that people should avoid Ubisoft's shitty games and stop giving them money and that they shouldn't pirate their games either.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

This goes to @Syntaxvgm as well.

My post literally has nothing to do with the state of the game, the state in which it was released, how shitty it runs, how broken it is, or to do with delayed patches.

My post was explicitly about how many people in this thread think that the game being shitty entitles them to pirate it. Nothing more, nothing less. Do you understand that yet?

I have never defended Ubisoft here in the slightest. I am actually saying that people should avoid Ubisoft's shitty games and stop giving them money and that they shouldn't pirate their games either.

Hey you should go in the other thread. Ubisoft just used "entitled" like you did in this thread. In fact I refuse to converse with someone who uses the word entitled. They are either selling something, or someone who can't think for themselves and probably also calls people haters.

Least it is a step up for you. You usually defend Microsoft 24/7 and were telling us how awesome the subscription fee would be on Windows 10... 

I can't wait until that is announced and to see you sell the crap out of it. Should be really entertaining. I love watching salesman work, especially bad ones. Goodbytes is a far better MS salesman than you. :(

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I'll actually give Ubisoft credit for this, it's actually quite a clever move by this years masters of dumb. Seems like for all that digging, half a ton of earth has just been dropped into their hole.

Now if the pirated version couldn't be patched, then it would be an outstanding move to teaching people who pirate that they don't always get it their own way, but due to the fact it's already patched, then it's not as good as it would have been.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I'll actually give Ubisoft credit for this, it's actually quite a clever move by this years masters of dumb. Seems like for all that digging, half a ton of earth has just been dropped into their hole.

Now if the pirated version couldn't be patched, then it would be an outstanding move to teaching people who pirate that they don't always get it their own way, but due to the fact it's already patched, then it's not as good as it would have been.

Well I can confirm that ain't true all it took was a trip to a website. And the upload date shows they had the patch immediately. So they have a superior version than mine (Uplay).

Ubisoft is selling snakeoil here to misdirect from another crappy port. 

https://twitter.com/BangBangClick/status/534543612407992321

That is the original post. People responded and told him how wrong he was. The game was released legally a day early. This patch was not in. Not to mention many people probably played offline due to Ubisoft telling them to play offline for better performance on their last sterling product...

The fact people think Ubisoft actually tricked people is hilarious to me. They did nothing clever. They did nothing period. All they did was insult paying customers who were probably playing their game offline (who can blame them after AC Unity), and whom voiced complaints due to the game being playable a day early before this patch. 

Rage? By setting stuff straight? We have a complete farce of a benchmark on this tech news forum which doesn't even belong here that isn't close to reality and "Gamer Nexus" is probably a PAID Nvidia blogger, which should have been removed days ago (and I am about to post in that thread).AMD must not read this forum because I would have put in a formal complaint if I worked for the company.

We have Rhood who feels the need to talk about something he has literally ZERO knowledge of in this thread, supporting a company who ships broken products, has lied repeatedly in the last year and deserves criticism. I have a better idea. How about people stop posting fake benchmarks with no proof the person even performed a benchmark that are literally 30 FPS off on some cards? How about the mods remove posts like that, instead of having to police people who are butt hurt over being WRONG. How about you and Rhood go flood Total Bisctuit's twitter and call him a Pirate.

I was wrong about my FPS stutter Far Cry fix where I removed MIP. Hell I am the one who said I was WRONG. It lowers quality. IF someone told me I was wrong, I would not have cared. I would have said. Oh, thanks I was wrong. Whoops!

Huh? He was talking about piracy AS A WHOLE, and you talk about benchmarks revolving Nvidia. You are forcing an apple and an orange together into a fruit salad. If you want to criticize someone, at least stick to the topic in hand!

@RH00D himself said, that Ubisoft games are not even worth playing (pro tip: Linus said the same thing). Ubisoft can use the piracy metrics as an excuse to care even less about PC gaming. So it defeats the purpose of the Ubisoft boycotts. That means that he is a Ubisoft supporter? That could not be a greater logical fallacy if you tried.

You seem to be calling the shots here on who is right or wrong. It does not work like that. If you can hold your (pushy) opinion about things, then so can the rest of us.

We are butthurt over being wrong? Not only is that out of context (again), but that smells of political desperation on your part.

And thank you for insulting me, it makes you look professional. /s

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

This forum is full of astroturfers, fraudulent benchmarks which the mods don't even remove, and is pretty much a joke now. You are defending one that sells MS products. You can click on his profile and see about 80 percent MS related posts and sales pitches. Here he is defending another big company and calling people entitled. Seriously how stupid do you think people are?

Sorry buddy. This is the part where Rhood reports me again, and I take a month ban or whatever. It is fine though. I actually help people with tech problems, game issues on this forum. He is just a salesman that contributes nothing to the forum but to sell a product, gang up on people who critique anything related to MS with Goodbytes, Victorious Secret.

-link-

I mean LTT can ban me and keep the astroturfers, but whatever. My job allows me the free time to help people with tech problems. His job is to advertise. They want illegal advertising masquerading as techs on their website? More power to them.

Funny thing? The mods shut down or moved threads having to do with Nvidia Game Works (two of them), yet allowed a fraudulent benchmark by an Nvidia astroturfer to remain on the forum for days. I repeatedly showed the benchmarks were illegitimate on that thread and it is still there.

The mods here are simply not doing their job and are heavily biased towards some companies and I could care less if I am perma banned for telling it how it is. I won't even bother using a VPN. I simply will just go to another website to help people.

Helping people, are you? All I have seen you doing is making baseless attacks and accusations on people about matters irrelevant to the thread or post topic. And in none of them did you bring any reasonable citations, so it is not useful information. This is about the sixth time now I caught you lying through your teeth.

And again, how does that have ANYTHING AT ALL to do with the original post you quoted?

The reason that the mods are ignoring your complaints and temp-banning you, is because you have provided no legitimate help, but rather you were pushing your unproven and short-sighted beliefs down everybody's neck. Somebody disagrees? They are an astroturfer by your definition. Yep... brilliant logic right there!

Also, lmgtfy links are against the CoC of this forum.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

i never pirate a game on day one my minimum wait is a week so i will be sure i get a proper torrent i bet 60% of the pirates do the same 

fuck you ubisoft, they did it because if someone complains they will say that he/she is pirate.

My assassin's creed unity has 7 fps on high settings i7 3770 + GTX 660 1180 MHZ OC, oh right it's because i pirated that game :D LOL

Go fuck yourself ubisoft!

@M-ursu have 120 fps ultra on his 970s, why you only have to less?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

So what Ubisoft? I'll just pirate a newer version. Problem solved.

No, the problem really isn't solved. In fact, you're just perpetuating the problem and contributing to making PC gaming worse.

You must really give no cares about PC gaming to want to give developers a reason to not care about PC.

i never pirate a game on day one my minimum wait is a week so i will be sure i get a proper torrent i bet 60% of the pirates do the same

Maybe if we're lucky we can get enough people to pirate it that Ubisoft just says "Fuck it, the ROI is useless." and makes Far Cry 5 console exclusive.  :rolleyes:

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

My statement still stands even if this thread didn't exist. Put yourself in the shoes of the developers for just one second and tell me you wouldn't be angry if people were obtaining your game for FREE. 

A co-worker of mine is notorious for pirating games, and tonight he asked me if I had played Far Cry 4. I responded with, "No, but I'm considering buying it". I asked (in a jokingly manner, despite knowing full well the answer), "Did you pirate the game?" He said, "Yeah..." and laughed. 

I would really like to read your view point, especially considering you say no one has been able to argue against it.

Also curious why you say piracy is not stealing. If the content creator is not profiting from their intellectual property which is not intended to be obtained for free, then in essence it's stealing.

you really need to stop going to the ubisoft/ea school of pirating........every pirated DL does NOT equal a sale....most pirates DL then buy if its any good or would never have brought it in the first place....there are few who would buy if they couldn't pirate.  personally i would have brought 2 or 3 of the games i have pirated and to be fair i have pirated a few in the past.....COD AW.... i pirated it...played 2-3 levels thought "this is acutally quite good" and brought it.....as for the "poor devs" the ones that work all the hours,  they get paid regardless of ho well a game does or does not do there all on salary

errrrr no

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

If it is so easy for people to pirate their games can we just be done with Uplay. DRM is stupid especially when it does nothing. They are really hurting consumers and the pirates are slightly inconvenienced, some $60 experience Ubisoft. 

-Brendan Jackson B)

Well, it's more of that my viewpoint is pretty balanced and based on the law that no one has really been able to argue it.

And piracy is not stealing by american law. It's all about usage rights. It takes a long time to explain my viewpoint on this, but in a basic sense I guess you could say piracy is making a copy, or simply knowing information, where stealing the original is taken. 

If someone had a shirt you liked, and they duplicated it for you, you now have 2 shirts and violated IP, not a stolen shirt. That's over simplifying, but you get the idea. PIracy is in essence sharing knowledge that you have the right to know but don't have the right to share, not stealing. It's based on the definition that ideas themselves can be owned and regulated, and distributed with usage rights. Imagine a file you wanted to share was just a string of 10 letters. You told your friends those 10 letters, or the world for that matter, and suddenly you broke the law. Knowing those letters is legal, and you are able to get that knowledge legally. But telling someone else is not legal. 

Now, files have too much information to be humanly possible to share like that, so it is a far fetched analogy, but it's there. It's not illegal to disclose the exact specifications of a car that you bought, reverse engineering it and measuring every part of it. And it's not illegal for someone to take that information and make their own replica as long as they don't sell it. But not with IP.

Imagine you had the mental ability to share files by voice. (see bender using the time code in futurama xD). You could technically violate the law by saying certain things in a certain order, and someone else writes that down. 

It's not that simple, but it's a good analogy to understand the basic odd philosophy behind usage rights. My actual opinion on this is really long and drawn out, but there is a reason I'm strongly against using pirated software for anything that makes a profit, or anything you didn't buy on a commercial licence for that matter. It's not hard to see that using that replica car you made to make a profit is very clearly wrong. Simply knowing someone isn't wrong. In many ways my full opinion is against piracy, but also against the DMCA and the way it is implemented. I also acknowledge my full opinion is not perfect,  and leaves out some content creators, such as music artists. It's a really grey issue in some places. 

Whether duplicating or stealing; if each end user has not paid for the product that is not intended to be free, then they should not own said product. So it's not defined as stealing by American law, but it's clearly plain wrong from a moral stand point.  

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

you really need to stop going to the ubisoft/ea school of pirating........every pirated DL does NOT equal a sale....most pirates DL then buy if its any good or would never have brought it in the first place....there are few who would buy if they couldn't pirate.  personally i would have brought 2 or 3 of the games i have pirated and to be fair i have pirated a few in the past.....COD AW.... i pirated it...played 2-3 levels thought "this is acutally quite good" and brought it.....as for the "poor devs" the ones that work all the hours,  they get paid regardless of ho well a game does or does not do there all on salary

errrrr no

Really? Most pirate and then buy the game if they like it? I find it hard to believe that "most" will buy the game after pirating if they do in fact like it. What seems more probable (when the consider the percentage of pirated games) is they will not buy the game afterwards because, "I've the game for free...why buy it?" I'm not saying all pirates have this mentality, but honestly I feel they out number those who buy the game afterwards. 

I'm looking at this from a moral stand point first of all. Whether they're paid based on salary or not; you do not take (all mediums considered) what is not meant to be free. If you did not pay for the experience only that particular product can offer then you shouldn't own it. This is what game demos are for, and I wish there was a demo for every game, but sadly there isn't. Watching gameplay is also another excellent way to, in a way, get a feel for the game and make a reasonably sound choice if you will buy it or not. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

SMH Ubi, SMH. Spending resources and time on this instead of all the things they should be focusing on. Like I dunno, making a game worth a shit.

FC4 is actually pretty fun.

And something tells me they didn't spend nine months working on this simple joke.

Really? Most pirate and then buy the game if they like it? I find it hard to believe that "most" will buy the game after pirating if they do in fact like it. What seems more probable (when the consider the percentage of pirated games) is they will not buy the game afterwards because, "I've the game for free...why buy it?" I'm not saying all pirates have this mentality, but honestly I feel they out number those who buy the game afterwards.

I'm looking at this from a moral stand point first of all. Whether they're paid based on salary or not; you do not take (all mediums considered) what is not meant to be free. If you did not pay for the experience only that particular product can offer then you shouldn't own it. This is what game demos are for, and I wish there was a demo for every game, but sadly there isn't. Watching gameplay is also another excellent way to, in a way, get a feel for the game and make a reasonably sound choice if you will buy it or not.

What I said was in your post and you still misquoted me I said most pirates demo OR would never have brought the game

What demos?

Look if you want to see what would happen I a world without pirates look at consoles and all the bullshit they have to put up with. Day one doc and 15 preorder packs both stem from consoles be carefully what you wish for you may just get it

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

What I said was in your post and you still misquoted me I said most pirates demo OR would never have brought the game

What demos?

Look if you want to see what would happen I a world without pirates look at consoles and all the bullshit they have to put up with. Day one doc and 15 preorder packs both stem from consoles be carefully what you wish for you may just get it

There's a difference between obtaining a full version of the game for free and playing a demo, which usually has massive amounts of the game prevented to play. 

Yes, demos are few and far between, but that is also why I mentioned watching gameplay. 

Whether duplicating or stealing; if each end user has not paid for the product that is not intended to be free, then they should not own said product. So it's not defined as stealing by American law, but it's clearly plain wrong from a moral stand point.

Yah. Nothing I said there has to do with morals. I do agree it's wrong from a moral standpoint. And that's why a proper opinion from me would be really long, there's a lot to be said about this subject.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

FC4 is actually pretty fun.

And something tells me they didn't spend nine months working on this simple joke.

Do you experience frame rating issues when riding on the four wheeler at high speeds? TotalBiscuit was showing it in his port report video for it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch