Pirated Far Cry 4 on PC? Too bad Ubisoft left a surprise for you!

Inimigor

Do you experience frame rating issues when riding on the four wheeler at high speeds? TotalBiscuit was showing it in his port report video for it.

Some, but hardly bad at all; in fact, with the newest 1.3 patch, it's basically gone. And my system is technically mid-rage playing on high settings.

There's a difference between obtaining a full version of the game for free and playing a demo, which usually has massive amounts of the game prevented to play. 

Yes, demos are few and far between, but that is also why I mentioned watching gameplay. 

not if you only play the first level and then dont play again or buy it

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

What seems more probable (when the consider the percentage of pirated games) is they will not buy the game afterwards because, "I've the game for free...why buy it?" I'm not saying all pirates have this mentality, but honestly I feel they out number those who buy the game afterwards.

So are you going to post evidence to back-up such a claim, or are you just going to make things up to try and support your argument?

Also, there are things that can only be tested in actual gameplay over watching a video of gameplay.

I am playing far cry 4 on high on my gtx 460 ......

And?

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Seriously. Hate this misleading thread. Ubisoft didn't "leave a surprise," they just yet again released an unfinished game and have to patch it a ton on launch 

I was just mentioning what they said on twitter, that's what Ubisoft allegedly did for "surprising" the ones who pirated it.

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

reminds me of the anti pricey fetures in mirrors edge were you walked super slow making the game unplayable.  

Are you on an AMD card? I remember having issues with my 7970 when trying to run it, and it turned out to be the PhysX that i left on, and when tried to run it, it kept "waiting" for the Nvidia GPU to process, and it got really, REALLY slow, turn PhysX off and you should be fine! Otherwise i think that's a rare thing.

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

Ugh, I fucking hate how smug this cunt is with this tweet. He's a fucking fool to believe that anyone would want to buy a Ubisoft port, especially day one. We've been burned so many times before with shitty DRM and performance from the PC versions of their games. They even said a few months ago that they're outsourcing all of their PC versions to a company that I'm guessing has a very tight budget anyway, just go get the games to work on PC without caring about how well they do work. You want people to stop pirating your shit? Then stop treating us with contempt.

I don't really care about Far Cry, but if I did, I wouldn't doubt for a second that a "proper" crack is coming very soon. FU Ubisoft.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

tumblr_m1mo1wzFiu1qbubzqo1_400.gif

Not even worth pirating. Ubisoft, sincerely, go fuck yourself. You are done to me, and I will never buy your products again.

This shall be announced aloud at the front of their HQ.

You truly summed up the sloppiness of UBI$OFT! 

Thank you!

Lol I have fov control. 

So you're openly admitting that you pirated the game? On an open internet forum and with a picture of yourself as your avatar? Nice one.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

There's so many comments so sorry if I'm repeating someone but: The lack of FOV slider is NOT a anti-piracy method. It just means the person didn't update their pirated version to include the fov slider.

Original Ones have already been patched to run smoothly.

And so have the pirated versions. The update which adds a fov slider has already been cracked. Congrats Inimigor your misinformation also manged to get on the WAN show.

There's so many comments so sorry if I'm repeating someone but: The lack of FOV slider is NOT a anti-piracy method. It just means the person didn't update their pirated version to include the fov slider.

And so have the pirated versions. The update which adds a fov slider has already been cracked. Congrats Inimigor your misinformation also manged to get on the WAN show.

I find it frustrating that most people seem to ignore this fact, but with as many negative things Ubi has done I guess it's fine to let them have a petty win.

I find it frustrating that most people seem to ignore this fact, but with as many negative things Ubi has done I guess it's fine to let them have a petty win.

How is this a win? A win against who? There's no win when it's incorrect information

the game isn't bad but it is worse than far cry 3. I pirated it first but then i realised i would be an asshole if i wouldn't support the developers (the developers itself and not ubisoft) so i bought it and those who say "the game is shit" and then they still pirate it... well... i hope you get rekt xD 

How is this a win? A win against who? There's no win when it's incorrect information

Okay not a "win" but just less digging through the core of the Earth, is the way that some people see it. Not me.

Pirates had Nvidia Hairworks a couple days ago. My legal copy does not have it working.

Ubisoft is really outsmarting those pirates!  ;)

More like alienating paying customers who probably played the game offline (which they told them to do with the last game), lying about tricking the pirates (game was released a day early and didn't have the day 1 patch) and using "game journalists" to spread FUD. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Ubisoft simply forgot to put in the FoV until people who acquired the game early told them about it.

Who actually believes the bullshit that ubisoft left out FoV to troll the pirates?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Who actually believes the bullshit that ubisoft left out FoV to troll the pirates?

A LOT of people. Basically everyone reporting the article. Even linus and slick believes it.

Pirates had Nvidia Hairworks a couple days ago. My legal copy does not have it working.

No they don't. Pirates can't have a feature the legit version doesn't have. It comes in patch 1.4 which isn't available for anyone because it has been delayed

A LOT of people. Basically everyone reporting the article. Even linus and slick believes it.

I just saw that on WANshow.

I mean...wtf?  It's UBISOFT, the source of most of the gaming-related bullshit this year.

They kept on digging and now tells people bullshit about anti-piracy and people actually believe it?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

No they don't. Pirates can't have a feature the legit version doesn't have. It comes in patch 1.4 which isn't available for anyone because it has been delayed

Apparently steam jumped the gun for a short time, people got the patch and yes they have it.

They have many videos of the damn thing. That fur setting is not in my retail copy. I can go on or off. Simulated is hair works. Our current ON looks like Furmark benchmark on animals lol. It is pretty awful. 

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=far+cry+1.4&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I'm fine with pirates getting wrecked. But then again, they will more than likely get the patch and more, soon enough. (if not already)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'm fine with pirates getting wrecked. But then again, they will more than likely get the patch and more, soon enough. (if not already)

They got the patch the same time as everyone who bought it legit

Crysis 3 isn't a brand new game. I wasn't saying you wont be able to play some games above that I was just meaning now 900series is rolling out you have the bottom tier card from 2 generations ago it's not fair to expect it'll run all new release games on high settings. Hell I don't expect 760 and even my overclocked 770 4gb to be playing on high very often anymore I expect they should be able to run medium in most cases at a playable level depending on resolution though.

I can play it on high auto detect settings with my 570 and a 4670k getting 30 frames easily easy. The game is a sad joke.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Doesn't change the fact the game doesn't work. With or without the patch. I can't even get past the first part of the game, I open the door and the game crashes.

Well done Ubisoft, you've released a broken game!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15