Pirated Far Cry 4 on PC? Too bad Ubisoft left a surprise for you!

Inimigor

Not a big deal the patch will roll out on pirate sites and a new crack will be made for the updated version. Ubisoft trying to reclaim some kind of respect and it's not working.

And like I was saying initially it seems the pirated version gets better performance without the drm. You can do that with the legt version too via an offline mode, but it's not off by default. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Buy the game you cheap wads. It's pathetic how individuals have money to build a PC, but can't properly obtain the games to play on it...

Support the developers; thousands of man hours and millions of dollars are invested into these games, so show some respect and pay for the their product. And before some rebuttals with "Well it's Ubisoft blah blah"; this goes for any developer whose game you think you have the right to take freely. 

Don't have money? Get a job.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Stupid statement.......

I'm running surround and it doesn't have a FOV slider. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

reminds me of the anti pricey fetures in mirrors edge were you walked super slow making the game unplayable.  

HTID

1. Reviewers didn't have the day one patch if they got their review code days before day one.

2. Updates were failing to download all day yesterday.

3. Only stupid pirates would be complaining about this that didn't bother updating their cracked game.

So, it's not only pirates, mind you.

1. Reviewers didn't have the day one patch if they got their review code days before day one.

2. Updates were failing to download all day yesterday.

3. Only stupid pirates would be complaining about this that didn't bother updating their cracked game.

So, it's not only pirates, mind you.

This 1000x. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Buy the game you cheap wads. It's pathetic how individuals have money to build a PC, but can't properly obtain the games to play on it...

Support the developers; thousands of man hours and millions of dollars are invested into these games, so show some respect and pay for the their product. And before some rebuttals with "Well it's Ubisoft blah blah"; this goes for any developer whose game you think you have the right to take freely. 

Don't have money? Get a job.

Read above, this thread is a load of crap. The pirates so far are getting a better experience unfortunately.  Not only did reviewers not have the day one patch, but it failed to download for most. To top it off, you have to do online mode in order to stop the drm from forcing the game to use only 1 thread...and I don't even know how that worked out to happen but the pirates got a better out of the box experience here. 

Ubisoft did not have the FOV slider in the game until after the patch. They did not troll pirates, they are just not competent. OP is spinning. 

Thankfully so far this seems to be a better roll out that AC unity. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Thats a lame excuse for a bug.. Just patch it and shut up and fix your shit so people wont have to pirate it

Personal computer master race

reminds me of the anti pricey fetures in mirrors edge were you walked super slow making the game unplayable.  

That...never happened. I bought the game for the PS3 and pirated it the day before on PC like day 1. I literally was that impatient.  It played perfectly on PC. The only issue with the crack was some issues with the auto-save crashing the game occasionally, which was fixed. 

I eventually bought it on PC because I loved the screenshots I was getting, and the ps3 version was 720 with no AA (puke), but I never even bothered to install the legit version. I got it for PC about the time of those expansion maps with he cool floating blocks. In all the years this game has been out I've never heard of this problem with the crack. These game companies never really troll pirates, that's damn near impossible unless the uploaded it themselves. Pirates just miss day one or early patches for a day or two. 

The only successful drm of a AAA game I can think of in recent times is Denuvo.

oooooooooooooooh cant wait for mirros edge 2 don't fuck this up EA I'm trusting you and pre ordering! 

muh specs 

All parts black

Read above, this thread is a load of crap. The pirates so far are getting a better experience unfortunately.  Not only did reviewers not have the day one patch, but it failed to download for most. To top it off, you have to do online mode in order to stop the drm from forcing the game to use only 1 thread...and I don't even know how that worked out to happen but the pirates got a better out of the box experience here. 

Ubisoft did not have the FOV slider in the game until after the patch. They did not troll pirates, they are just not competent. OP is spinning. 

Thankfully so far this seems to be a better roll out that AC unity. 

My statement still stands even if this thread didn't exist. Put yourself in the shoes of the developers for just one second and tell me you wouldn't be angry if people were obtaining your game for FREE. 

A co-worker of mine is notorious for pirating games, and tonight he asked me if I had played Far Cry 4. I responded with, "No, but I'm considering buying it". I asked (in a jokingly manner, despite knowing full well the answer), "Did you pirate the game?" He said, "Yeah..." and laughed. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

My statement still stands even if this thread didn't exist. Put yourself in the shoes of the developers for just one second and tell me you wouldn't be angry if people were obtaining your game for FREE. 

For every 1,000 people who pirate it 100,000 actually buy it. They are still making their money. People who tend to pirate games never initially had the plan of buying it to begin with.

For every 1,000 people who pirate it 100,000 actually buy it. They are still making their money. People who tend to pirate games never initially had the plan of buying it to begin with.

There's a lovely thing called YouTube where you can watch gameplay. This is a pretty decent substitution prior to actually playing the game (if you're remotely interested), although obviously not the same experience. 

There's a lovely thing called YouTube where you can watch gameplay. This is a pretty decent substitution prior to actually playing the game (if you're remotely interested), although obviously not the same experience. 

It boils down to them dollar signs. Most people who pirate games look at it as saving $60 while not being limited to anything the paid version has (unless online play requires keys). Most pirates see a game trailer and go "yep, can't wait to download and play that" without even the thought of actually buying it.

A co-worker of mine is notorious for pirating games, and tonight he asked me if I had played Far Cry 4. I responded with, "No, but I'm considering buying it". I asked (in a jokingly manner, despite knowing full well the answer), "Did you pirate the game?" He said, "Yeah..." and laughed.

For that, see what I said in another thread 

I know, this may be a noob question at this point in this discussion, but why do so many people find piracy "okay" and "fair"?

I never got that, to be honest!

In my teens, I also pirated a few games, but never felt like it was the right thing to do!

Now I get my games from GOG.com or from steam and some rare games, like this one, from Origin.

If a DRM or Anti-Tampering-Solution would seriously hinder my gaming experience, I would understand the outrage, but this is one single post,

and as already some people posted, isn't even true?

So I kindly ask, will someone enlighten me on the whole piracy issue, why is this such a morally twisted topic?

Just my point of view, if I look at this game, there are countless man/woman hours spend making this game, people that put a lot of effort into making this beautiful game a reality.

Why would I want to pirate and thously not pay them soemthing for that! you can argue, that the money goes to some company, that then pays those employees, but if they earn less

money, the simply need to have a higher output frequency of games, so that they earn enough money, so each game gets less time to be developed!

I simply don't understand that, sorry! :)

Well, normally I go on about how I'm pissed they are hurting real customers and foolishly thinking they can stop the pirates, who in the end get a better experience but, yah know what? I think this is the first instance of game drm I can call "successful" in the short term in the very least. 

The extreme SSD wear is reported by  a LOT of people, it isn't a fake issue. BUT I don't think it's happening for most players, and there are a lot of examples of it not happening. I think it must be some sort of issue, and not how it is supposed to work. 

Do I find piracy "fair"?

No, almost never. Not even in the Ubisoft case. If you pirate their game, you are giving them what they think are missed sales, and that just means they will try more of their ridiculous drm. Almost every Ubisoft single-player game I have bought in recent times I downloaded a crack for, it's ridiculous. I mentioned denuvo actually working because it's an important point in my argument: I hate drm because it just hurts paying customers. It's usually a ridiculous pursuit to try and stop piracy, and you really usually only end up hurting your customers. The same pursuit is what leads lawmakers, payed off by interests like hollywood, to pretty much try repeatedly ruin the internet and everything it essentially is. 

I could go on about intellectual rights and whatnot for pages, it's really an important issue to me. But I wont here.

What I will say is piracy is not stealing, and not even really defined in the law as such. I could really only properly explain my viewpoint using a really long write up about it. The way I look at it really makes sense, I've never had anyone be able to argue against it. 

And it's a fact of life. You aren't going to stop them, and trying damages the free web. 

The only place that piracy actually really angers me is those who pirate software to use in a commercial settings. If you are using software as a tool to operate a business or make money, then you owe the creator for the usage rights. 

Other piracy, well it's a fact of life. Right or wrong, it happens, and it's a grey area and a personal choice for me. 

I've said time and time again that an indie developer is no more due his money than a large corporation that spits out AAA games and makes hundreds of millions per year. There are a lot of people that make the "big company doesn't need the money" type of argument, but I've never believed that the size of the publisher should change anything. You either pay for the product or you don't, the wealth of who you are paying is not in any way a reasonable argument either way. I have a lot of reasons for that argument, but a quick way of thinking about it is it's similar to the reasons of believing in a flat tax percentage. Not matter who you are or what kind of money you have, "justice" should not be uneven like that. It's not right to tax the hell out of people and take 75%+ of their income just becuase they are well off, and it's no more right to just pirate games that large publishers make. Either one is typically not centered in a rational argument, but is "justice" based on picking who you like, and that's not right.

And this ties into what I think about the Ubisoft argument. You either boycott their products on moral grounds or you don't. Pirating is not boycotting. It's telling them you hate them but still want to play their shitty games, but want to avoid paying. So they will implement harsher and dumber drm tools.

muh specs 

All parts black

My post that you quoted had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the game ran like shit. I actually watched TotalBiscuit's video and agreed with him entirely. So I'm not sure what your point was in quoting that post.

It means you can't admit when you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about. 

1) The game was released EARLY online before the patch was even in and that was the copy Total Biscuit had and MANY people had who bought the game legally.

2) MANY people complained on the official forums who had purchased the game about the FOV AND the Ambient Occlusion being broken. In addition the EARLY copy could have FOV through the ini (gamerprofile.XML). I know I sat there for hours trying to troubleshoot my friends broken game.

My friend bought this game. His ambient occlusion was broken before the patch. People accused the people complaining about it of piracy on the Ubisoft forums, and it was all BS.  Ubisoft is 100 percent full of crap here. This is FUD to try to represent pirated copies as being broken or incomplete. Ubisoft didn't do anything smart here. Ubisoft outsmarted no one. This is simply about tricking naive people who actually believe anything that still comes out of Ubisoft's mouth. It worked on you. 

Ubisoft outsmarting people? That will be the day buddy. The pirates have the patches and have a better copy than mine. Why? Cus they don't have to deal with Uplay BS, and MANY people could not even download/play the game as of yesterday and they pre ordered the damn thing. I guess all the people complaining on Neogaf and the official forums about not being able to download their pre order are "pirates" as well. More like once again, Ubisoft released a broken game, with a broken online service and the pirates deal with none of it. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

It means you can't admit when you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about. 

1) The game was released EARLY online before the patch was even in and that was the copy Total Biscuit had and MANY people had who bought the game legally.

2) MANY people complained on the official forums who had purchased the game about the FOV AND the Ambient Occlusion being broken. In addition the EARLY copy could have FOV through the ini (gamerprofile.XML). I know I sat there for hours trying to troubleshoot my friends broken game.

My friend bought this game. His ambient occlusion was broken before the patch. People accused the people complaining about it of piracy on the Ubisoft forums, and it was all BS.  Ubisoft is 100 percent full of crap here. This is FUD to try to represent pirated copies as being broken or incomplete. Ubisoft didn't do anything smart here. Ubisoft outsmarted no one. This is simply about tricking naive people who actually believe anything that still comes out of Ubisoft's mouth. It worked on you. 

Ubisoft outsmarting people? That will be the day buddy. The pirates have the patches and have a better copy than mine. Why? Cus they don't have to deal with Uplay BS, and MANY people could not even download/play the game as of yesterday and they pre ordered the damn thing. I guess all the people complaining on Neogaf and the official forums about not being able to download their pre order are "pirates" as well. More like once again, Ubisoft released a broken game, with a broken online service and the pirates deal with none of it.

You are like the fifth person to say this, and they still dont get it.

to add to this, the patch was having issues downloading, so even after the patch the fov problems continued

OP really needs to edit this thread's title, as it's a flat out lie. He acknowledges it's excuse making, but no one is reading his opinion on it, they just post without actually reading.

muh specs 

All parts black

-snip-

Ok, you have expressed your rage at yet another company. And you have thrown insults at people without any merit at all, once again. So did you actually answer his question? Did you comply to his request of contextual relevance?

If you keep going off on rage tangents like that, then nobody is going to listen to you. I have told you this several times already; it appears that you haven't learned.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Ok, you have expressed your rage at yet another company. And you have thrown insults at people without any merit at all, once again. So did you actually answer his question? Did you comply to his request of contextual relevance? If you keep going off on rage tangents like that, then nobody is going to listen to you. I have told you this several times already; it appears that you haven't learned.

He called the people in this thread entitled shit stains. I don't think he exactly holds the high ground. This was the first comment V

This thread is a great display of why a lot of devs don't give many shits about PC. The number of little shit stains that think they're entitled to everything for free just because their mommies never told them "No." and have never had to work a real job.

I think his replies were relevant and on point to this ignorant immature crap. We have every right to complain, and he gave plenty of reasons why

muh specs 

All parts black

For that, see what I said in another thread 

I would really like to read your view point, especially considering you say no one has been able to argue against it.

Also curious why you say piracy is not stealing. If the content creator is not profiting from their intellectual property which is not intended to be obtained for free, then in essence it's stealing.

He called the people in this thread entitled shit stains. I don't think he exactly holds the high ground. This was the first comment V

I think his replies were relevant and on point to this ignorant immature crap. We have every right to complain, and he gave plenty of reasons why

I am sorry, but how does this justify insulting somebody? You do not insult somebody, regardless of whether the person has insulted you or anyone. It makes the entire debate look childish.

And he was talking about the concept of piracy as a whole. The answer there was about the broken nature of a few games. The correlation was not there, and even if it was, it was obfuscated by the tone of the message.

Look at your own posts in this thread. It was clear, detailed, and constructive. That is a good reply to the message. The one I am referring to looks like a ragepost.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I gotta say, this tactic just made me smile  :D . Don't get me wrong, I hate Ubisoft as much as the next guy, but man, this was a funny, cleaver little trap. I can't not love it. 

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

I gotta say, this tactic just made me smile  :D . Don't get me wrong, I hate Ubisoft as much as the next guy, but man, this was a funny, cleaver little trap. I can't not love it. 

It's a fucking retarded trap,not a clever one.

Consider this : eveyone who has bought the game day 1 also had this problem,not only pirates.

I think it's just an excuse for forgetting to add the FOV slider into the first version of the game.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

lol pretty sure they'd just laugh and say you're trying to play it on high with the crappiest of a generation and a half old graphics cards.. Does it excuse it for running that badly no not at all but to be fair you shouldn't expect to run most brand new games above medium.

I am playing far cry 4 on high on my gtx 460 ......

It's a fucking retarded trap,not a clever one.

Consider this : eveyone who has bought the game day 1 also had this problem,not only pirates.

I think it's just an excuse for forgetting to add the FOV slider into the first version of the game.

Dude, the patch to fix it was also day 1. If you bought the game on day 1 you got the patch the exact same day. Weather it was intentional, or they just took advantage of a feature they left out before launch, it was still cleaver and funny. Just because I don't like a company doesn't mean I can't appreciate something cool when they do it.

It's a harmless little prank an I wish more devs. would do stuff like this.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -