The Witcher 3 will have 16 DLC, all free.

dmegatool

Yeah it's all great but it doesn't sound like big DLCs with missions and other content I might pay for. Feel like free content... I'll wait to see before judging but for now, that's not what will make me buy the game.

But it's good news regarless ! I like theses guys. There's even a horse armor :D

On February 25th we will release the first bundle of DLCs (2 of the planned 16) -- the Temerian Armor Set (horse armor included) and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt, the game’s protagonist. After this date, a DLC bundle consisting of two DLCs will be published every week, entirely for free. Gamers are entitled to the free DLC regardless of obtaining the game via pre-order or after launch. Instructions on how to obtain DLCs on specific platforms will be provided at a later date.

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/867

lol @ Kotaku : http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-will-have-16-pieces-of-dlc-but-theyre-al-1655450095

Development studio CD Projekt Red, who are trying their very hardest to be the anti-Ubisoft, [...]

Yay! I love when companies give a shit about their customers and don't try to squeeze every last penny out of them.

There are going to be a couple of quests like there was the the first two, so ready for the release, thank you pre order  :D

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Yeah it's all great but it doesn't sound like big DLCs with missions and other content I might pay for. Feel like free content... I'll wait to see before judging but for now, that's not what will make me buy the game.

At least, there's a horse armor :D

lol @ Kotaku : http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-will-have-16-pieces-of-dlc-but-theyre-al-1655450095

original_fu_544010e7459b1.gif

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

"Gamers are entitled to the free DLC regardless of obtaining the game via pre-order or after launch."

Take note every publisher and developer ever.

Anti-ubisoft? That sounds dreamy.

Also, please every other game publisher, please start doing this.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

CD Projekt Red have been trying for some time to be the anti-AAA publisher in general. DRM-free distributor GOG is theirs, and they have very consumer-friendly philosophies.

I still wouldn't pre-order from anyone, but if you're going to anyway they are the closest to trustworthy that it gets.

Edit: Well, lemme finish. Consumer attitudes help sell games. They are doing what AMD does: they know they are a market underdog, so they emphasize the stuff they know will get them in our good graces. Its pandering, though the end result is no less commendable. No DRM is still no DRM, free DLC is still free DLC. Just bear in mind that they're still a for-profit company and they don't only do this because they're nice.

"Gamers are entitled to the free DLC regardless of obtaining the game via pre-order or after launch."

Take note every publisher and developer ever.

Funny how CD Projekt just seems to listen what gamers complain most about and they do the opposite. Not a bad way to do things :)

It's official. I'm gonna get this game at full price (after looking at reviews). Their business practices are just too good compared to other companies to not give them the full price for their game.

I'll buy the game because they are willing to give out free DLC.

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I love free DLC, it is truly the best kind. Woo-hoo!

And... I wonder why this company got my only CE edition money in years...

Meanwhile over at Ubisoft.

LVXSbVi.png

2716799-edge.jpg

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I honestly think this was just a CDPR stab  and a tongue in cheek joke directed at the rest of the industry. 

They just took parts of the game "marked" them as DLC and still give them to everyone just to prove a point.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I honestly think this was just a CDPR stab  and a tongue in cheek joke directed at the rest of the industry. 

They just took parts of the game "marked" them as DLC and still give them to everyone just to prove a point.

Yep, they are making fun of companies like Ubisoft.

the blog post...

(horse armor included) and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt, the game’s protagonist.

The Witcher has been my favorite series, other than Dragon age.

Every single game in the series has been fantastic.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I agree with you. That and it's a good way to grab some headlines to keep the interest level in their game up until it releases.

The DLC doesn't really appear to be too substantial, they could have just put it in the game, but anytime someone takes a shot at the modern "AAA" video game business model that EA, Ubisoft and Activision perpetuate that's A-OK with me.

Still waiting for reviews before buying.

I trust them, but I do this with every game, good or bad.