Beautiful New Lian Li Case

"Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd, today announces the brushed aluminum PC-Q26 mini-ITX chassis. Ideal for users who want to build their own NAS as well as system integrators, with its support of up to ten 3.5" drives, the PC-Q26 packs a lot of storage in a compact package."

post-56174-0-97862500-1414153155_thumb.j

post-56174-0-57625700-1414153158_thumb.j

post-56174-0-76349900-1414153160_thumb.j

"The PC-Q26 has pop-off side panels for simplified installations, upgrades and maintenance. Hard drives, 3.5" and 2.5", can be tool-lessly mounted with thumbscrews with rubber suspensions. Additionally, the expansion slots are secured by a single thumbscrew. Three front 120mm fans bring cool air into the chassis through side ventilation. Filters with magnets prevent dust and debris from entering the PC-Q26. A top 120mmm exhaust fan with a removable filter pulls hot, hardware damaging air out of the chassis."

Highlights of the PC-Q26

• Brushed aluminum chassis
  • Quite small?: (w)200mm x (h)395mm x (d)410mm
  • Supports expansion cards up to 190mm (7.4") and CPU coolers up to 150mm (5.9"). Power supplies up to 190mm (7.4") sit elevated off the case floor on rubberized rails.
  • Supports Mini-ITX motherboards
  • Ideal for NAS and system integrators
  • Fingerprint magnet
  • Holds eleven hard drives: ten 3.5" and one 2.5" drives
  • Hot-Swap backplanes for two 3.5" bays included (more available)
  • 2x front USB 3.0 and HD Audio
  • No reset switch
  • Hard to clean
  • Pop-off side panels!!!

All for $189 US and that doesn't even include the Windex or wipes!

This is one for Luke and Linus I think!

In all seriousness though, it looks a bit gimped by the internal layout and I don't really think people would want a case built entirely from brushed aluminum... Right? But, like they suggest, it could make a nice living room PC or NAS I suppose. I feel as though people wanting a NAS-type case would not be looking for something that invites finger grease when you would most likely be making regular modifications - am I right in thinking this? Companies need to realise that brushed everything (unless it's plastic) doesn't look good.

Sources:

Also, sorry if this isn't posted correctly! This is my first proper post and I'm kind of nervous that it may be wrong. Hopefully the pics turned out alright. I'll look into it though! Thanks.

Brushed Aluminum looks good, but it looks bad when touched.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I somehow don't like Lian Li.. They just make plain yet simple cases that just don't interest me.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Kinda ugly and terribly laid out on the inside. Lian Li has made a very small amount of nice cases. Just stop guys.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

erm .. no .. i see that as a Black box made of aluminum with holes in it , not rly a case

CPU : i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Cooler : NH-D14 | GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 [OC] | MB : Asus Z87-Pro | RAM : A-DATA 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 XPG Black | SSD : 850Evo 250GB

Meh, I don't like it, they didn't fully paint the interior, and the non-removable (or at least doesn't look removable) dive cages is a bad idea, meaning you won't be able to put a long gpu in it, and airflow could have a few problems..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Why not Micro ATX? ITX board with that much SATA ports will be difficult to find

Looks like they took the Define R4 and just turned it into a box, then added fan mounts.

Meh, I don't like it, they didn't fully paint the interior, and the non-removable (or at least doesn't look removable) dive cages is a bad idea, meaning you won't be able to put a long gpu in it, and airflow could have a few problems..

All Lian Li cases have removable drive cages since 2012. The screws are sometimes internal (aka stupid locations).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This is exactly how I thought you guys would react. Who needs this case? A waste of R&D time I think.

Also, thanks for making my first post a success guys! I hope you saw my slight sarcasm and didn't get mad at me for saying new in the title. I guess it was a bit misleading, sorry!

Why not Micro ATX? ITX board with that much SATA ports will be difficult to find

Not really. Asrock makes 2 boards. Furthermore, for a NAS you would have a RAID card on there.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

- fugly

- no dust filters.  Really?  That kind of money for an ugly square box and you can't even be bothered to incorporate ANY kind of filters?

- what's the point of putting a headphone and microphone jack on a case which is obviously server-oriented?

- look at those screw holes in the side panel, and how close they are to the "grill" holes.   You just know that's going to get ugly and all distorted as soon as you try to screw in a fan.

- those cable managment holes look more like they're made to cut cables.  Knowing Lian Li's build quality, that's probably exactly what they'll do.

- For that money you can have cases that allow for far more drives whilst providing filters and better airflow. 

- fugly

- no dust filters.  Really?  That kind of money for an ugly square box and you can't even be bothered to incorporate ANY kind of filters?

- what's the point of putting a headphone and microphone jack on a case which is obviously server-oriented?

- look at those screw holes in the side panel, and how close they are to the "grill" holes.   You just know that's going to get ugly and all distorted as soon as you try to screw in a fan.

- those cable managment holes look more like they're made to cut cables.  Knowing Lian Li's build quality, that's probably exactly what they'll do.

- For that money you can have cases that allow for far more drives whilst providing filters and better airflow.

-subjective (it's also a really bad picture set).

-fair point, but the cost comes from the entire case being aluminum, not just the shell.

-You can run a NAS or small PC on it.

-I've dealt with much worse in the Enthoo line.

-Lian Li has incredible build quality. What crack are you on? Furthermore, they haven't built with sharp aluminum edges since 2008. They're all polished or curled over to eliminate razor edges (the IO plate port holes being the only exception).

-You could get more drives, in a hot steel/plastic case.

Is this Lian Li's best? No, but it's not the crap you whackadoos are making it out to be. Every single one of my family's PCs are built in Lian Li cases, a total of 7. Not once have we had the supposed brushed aluminum problems, nor cable management problems (of course we're engineers and mathematicians so I guess it's easy for us to rout cables), nor airflow problems. We also haven't replaced cases since we bought the Lian Li set 8 years ago.

All Lian Li cases have removable drive cages since 2012. The screws are sometimes internal (aka stupid locations).

And if you were to remove them then lets hope there are other drive mounting locations that way you can still have a hard drive or ssd secured down in the case.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

beauty is subjective....

Please don't overwrite the text color to grey. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

-I've dealt with much worse in the Enthoo line.

Could you elaborate? I'm not disputing, just curious

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

That's a lot of wasted space, or a poorly styled case that's meant to be shoved in a corner.

It's been done

7cc1b8f6_pic5.jpeg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Could you elaborate? I'm not disputing, just curious

I've seen tighter screw configurations in some enthoo cases and been forced to scratch or bend some things in order to remove cages or fans. Lian Li has decent spacing in that matter, though a bit more behind the motherboard plate would be greatly appreciated).

Also known as "Because fuck GPUs, that's why"

Who builds a mini-ITX gaming PC, really?!

Who builds a mini-ITX gaming PC, really?!

Not sure if trolling attempt or serious question. I mean didn't you just read on this very fucking forum about the MSI 970itx being announced? What do you think that's for, to look tiny and stupid on a full tower case?

-------

Current Rig

-------