New Calculator App Solves Math Problems By Simply Taking a Photo of the Problem!

Bloodyvalley

Here's something that can revolutionize education: the app PhotoMath!

Source

Math is fun and easy when you’re a kid. You peacock all over the house flexing your ability to add two numbers together. Your parents think your a fucking numerical savant. Life is great.

Then, sometime around the end of middle school or beginning of high school, algebra, geometry, calculus and maybe even trigonometry waltz into your life with grand designs to ruin it. If you’re like me, you realize this new kind of math blows. It’s not the two-plus-two that you knew and loved. But you have to suffer through it because your Texas Instruments brick of a calculator can only do so much and asking someone to copy their homework every day is for cowards.

Well, those days are over, because this PhotoMath calculator not only shits circles around TI-83s or whatever number they’re up to now, it literally gives you the entire path to the solution so you can prove to your professor that you “did the work.” The obvious problem there is, unless your prof is a mouth-breather they might catch on that your perfect homework and your failed tests look nothing alike.

I think this app is simply amazing. Hats off to the dev. What do you guys think? What I love about it is that it shows you HOW THE FUCK you can get to the answer.

AND IT'S FREE!

edit: you need iOS 7 or higher for it :(

what if my handwriting is total fucking chicken scratch?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yay

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

More kids playing games then because of less HW and getting their hands dirty from Doritos.... :D

Why your avatar fits almost with any post you make ?xD

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Didn't they develop this on the Big Bang Theory? Something about a differential calculator haha

Awesome app though!!!

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

I WANT IT. omg, and i though sage was great xD!

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Why your avatar fits almost with any post you make ?xD

He LTT's Unofficial F-Bomber

Mathematical version of a translation app :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

wow it is the number 1 searched in ap store jsut downloaded

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

He LTT's Unofficial F-Bomber

since when?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

aww it said no support for handwriting now

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

the app barely works!

I showed it 1000-120 and it couldnt detect it

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

'Does not support handwriting, only printed text from math textbooks'

Windows Phone but not Android? Seriously....

Android users are math whizzes by nature

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

android users are to smart to need this app. 

i want this app.

Ok then...

I could name a few that couldn't even count to 'a few' :P

Windows Phone but not Android? Seriously....

I have Windows phone!!' and normally I get absolutely no apps whatsoever. I'm downloading this right now!

Sent from my Lumia icon

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Pshhh, calculators are for the weak. Besides I bet this can't derive, integrate (trig, arctrig, by parts) or anything else beyond algebra 2

Because what we really need right now is more people that don't know math...

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife