Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

Why are things released with known issues?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

10 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Why are things released with known issues?

To warn people that those issues can occur. Releasing alpha and beta builds with a list of known issues is standard industry practice. You can't fix everything, so you fix some things and tell the users what won't work (partly also to avoid them reporting things you already know).

Heck, software gets release status with known issues. That's just how software development works. Especially with something as complex as an operating system. If they waited until everything was fixed, the software would never be released.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

23 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Dona said that this release had problems. There's a huge list of them on Windows blog, on Feedback Hub, and so on. But they need to test other fixes and features too.

Another thing: can you try running the game again, with 2 displays connected to your PC? Didn't get any more crashes just by plugging a second monitor.

Most people here won't know who Dona is. You may wanna introduce people to this idea. Also, people on the forums are generally not savvy when it comes to Feedback Hub.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Meh, I recall when an Insider build broke all fullscreen games, that was fun, but again they let us know before updating, not been a part of the Insider groups for a few month now, need a stable rig.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

2 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Meh, I recall when an Insider build broke all fullscreen games, that was fun, but again they let us know before updating, not been a part of the Insider groups for a few month now, need a stable rig.

For a while I was on the Release Preview ring but I haven't been on for quite a while.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Also, the original poster assumes that I have purchased or have the intent of purchasing Overwatch -_-.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

For a while I was on the Release Preview ring but I haven't been on for quite a while.

Are you on the slow ring then? have pondered with joining to be a part of Win10 development while maintaining a stable rig?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

1 minute ago, Kierax said:

Are you on the slow ring then? have pondered with joining to be a part of Win10 development while maintaining a stable rig?

nah. Atm i'm afraid i'm just on Official Release.

I know it's not quite as Adventurous but right now I don't have too much time to tinker with my PC every day.

Pondering getting back into Insider testing, what's the slow ring like currently for stability? only Windows rig is not my main work computer but I do like to enjoy some games now and then.

4 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Something I noticed on this latest build. Disk Clean up has a new item:

DX.PNG

I've noticed it since build 15007. I don't think it does anything for now? Its always at 0 Bytes. Maybe its a placeholder?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

1 hour ago, ionbasa said:

I've noticed it since build 15007. I don't think it does anything for now? Its always at 0 Bytes. Maybe its a placeholder?

oh ok. Interesting.

Yea probably a placeholder.

• 2 weeks later...

New Build! Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15031 

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/02/08/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15031-pc/#lpecZCPo0cudygJ8.97

I am going to be lazy today since I am sorta busy ... so here is a copy paste summary. Full article at the above link.

Do more at once with the new Compact Overlay window:

Picture-in-Picture in Windows 10.

Introducing Dynamic Lock:

Dynamic Lock automatically locks your Windows 10 PC when you’re not around based the proximity of a Bluetooth-paired phone. If your Bluetooth-paired phone is not found near your PC, Windows turns off the screen and locks the PC after 30 seconds. To enable Dynamic Lock, make sure your phone is paired to your PC via Bluetooth and go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and toggle Dynamic lock to “on”.

Ok this something I personally am excited for. IIRC this will both Lock and Unlock your PC if set up correctly. This was something first announced to work with Windows phones but was difficult to implement because it was suppose to work based on your proximity to the pc in terms of distance. If I understand it once the device is no longer detected your PC will lock. Same thing in the reverse is once your device connects it will unlock but for now it looks as if the unlock function is not part of this build ... I really dont know but when I get the chance I will be testing this. :D  This should work with any phone - WP, Android, or Apple I believe.

*edit

Works great.

Dynamic Lock

New Share icon:

New Share icon.

Windows Game Bar improved full-screen support:

Support for 52 additional games in full-screen mode with Windows game bar.

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• We fixed the issue causing Tencent apps and games to crash or work incorrectly.
  • We’ve updated OOBE so that if there’s no detected audio output device, for example with VMs, it now skips Cortana’s introduction.
  • [GAMING] We fixed the issue causing popular games may experience crashes or black screens when trying to load due to a platform issue.
  • [GAMING] We fixed the issue where Game Mode is enabled system wide by default, however, the ON/OFF toggle in Settings will incorrectly show it as being OFF until the user manually toggles the Setting to ON which will cause it to update and accurately display the status of Game Mode system wide.
  • We fixed an issue where the night light quick action was unexpectedly disabled in the last Insider flight.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in audio going quiet each time the Start menu is opened after a SpeechRuntime.exe crash.
  • Dragging apps from the all apps list to pin on Start’s tile grid will now work. We also fixed an issue on recent builds where some tiles might unexpectedly appear blank and with a name starting with “P~…” after upgrading.
  • We fixed an issue where Win + Shift + S wouldn’t work to capture a region of the screen if the Snipping Tool was already running. We also fixed an issue where taking a snip with the Snipping Tool would fail on 4k monitors when 60-80% was selected.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in “Fn”+”Pause/Break” key not working to pause the checking progress when running chkdsk.
  • We fixed an issue where resizing windows with a pen would be unexpectedly slow. We also fixed an issue where resizing a window across monitors with different DPIs could be unpredictable.
  • We fixed an issue where the Windows Ink highlight preview wouldn’t be visible in Web Notes when Microsoft Edge was using dark theme.
  • We’ve improved gesture recognition for 3 finger swipes on precision touchpads.
  • We fixed an issue where a number of files with the name GLOB(0xXXXXXX) could be unexpectedly found in the system root directory after upgrading.
  • We fixed an issue where you couldn’t rename disk volumes via File Explorer in recent flights.
  • We fixed an issue where rapidly tapping a button to bring up the new Share experience, for example in Microsoft Edge, could result in the Share UI not coming up again until the device had been rebooted.
  • We fixed an issue resulting the lists of thumbnails in Photos and Groove Music visibly shifting up when the app resumed.
  • We fixed an issue where the Themes Settings page would blink when a theme was deleted.
  • We’ve updated the help string on each page of Settings to be a bit more succinct.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to type ę on the Polish keyboard into the Settings search box.
  • We fixed an issue where Cortana Background Task Host might have ended up using an unexpectedly large amount of CPU in recent flights. We also shorted the two factor authentication notification from Cortana so that it won’t be truncated.
  • We fixed an issue where the UI to input credentials wouldn’t have keyboard focus after initiating a remote connection to another PC.
  • We’ve improved reliability when handling malformed Gifs in XAML-based apps.
  • The icons should now be shown as expected instead of squares under Settings > Gaming.

Known issues for PC

• [UPDATED] IMPORTANT: You may see “Initializing…” when attempting to download this build and the download progress indicator shown when downloading this build may seem broken under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. It may look like you’re getting stuck at 0% or at other percentages. Ignore the indicator and be patient. The build should download fine, and the installation should kick off. See this forum post for more details.
  • While we fixed the primary bug causing this issue, some Windows Insiders may still hit nonstop exceptions in the Spectrum.exe service causing their PC to lose audio, disk I/O usage to become very high, and apps like Microsoft Edge to become unresponsive when doing certain actions such as opening Settings. As a workaround to get out of this state, STOP the Spectrum.exe service and delete C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Spectrum\PersistedSpatialAnchors and reboot. For more details, see this forum post.
  • Going to Settings > Devices will crash the Settings app. You will be unable to pair a Bluetooth device. Bluetooth quick actions from Action Center also does not work.
  • You will not be able to launch the Connect UX via Action Center, Win + K, or Settings (it will crash upon launch). This will impact wireless projection scenarios.
  • [GAMING] Some popular games might minimize to the taskbar when launched. You can click on the game on the taskbar to get the game back.
  • [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
  • Microsoft Edge F12 tools may intermittently crash, hang, and fail to accept inputs.
  • Microsoft Edge’s “Inspect Element” and “View Source” options don’t correctly launch to the DOM Explorer and Debugger, respectively.
  • Under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update you might see the text “Some Settings are managed by your organization” even though your PC isn’t being managed by an organization. This is a bug caused by an updated flight configuration setting for Insider Preview builds and does not mean your PC is being managed by anyone.
  • On some PCs, audio stops working sporadically with ‘device in use’ error”. We are investigating. Restarting the audio service may fix things for a bit.
  • The Action Center may sometimes appear blank and transparent without color. If you encounter this, try moving the taskbar to a different location on screen.
  • The icon for Windows Insider Program under Settings > Update & security is shown as a square.

Apologies but I want to do a more in depth thing but like i stated I am a bit busy today.

:| 

*edit

I beat @GoodBytes this time ... :D 

*2nd edit

Ok I added some stuff under the Dynamic Lock as this is something I have waiting for for sometime since it was first introduced.

*3rd edit

Dynamic lock is awesome. Just be sure to pair your phone Prior to enabling Dynamic lock. :D 

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Compact overlay seems to only work with UWP apps. Not bad, for say Skype or having Pandora, Netflix, etc running in the foreground, but out of the way. I'm assuming, it'll also work when playing videos with Edge.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

On 2/9/2017 at 2:28 PM, ionbasa said:

Compact overlay seems to only work with UWP apps. Not bad, for say Skype or having Pandora, Netflix, etc running in the foreground, but out of the way. I'm assuming, it'll also work when playing videos with Edge.

Win32 apps can already do this. You just need to code it. You can say to Windows: Make a new window from the current program (called a child), without borders, feed it content (say a video), hide the video from the main window, and hide the main window (so only the child is visible) and make it all draggable anywhere you click on it.

Skype Desktop (Win32 version) does this already. For example, the custom notification pop-up from Skype Desktop, or the pop-up video when you minimize a video call window.

Win32 is VERY powerful. UWP isn't. Remember that Win32 was in development for ages, and because there was no sandboxing, it was already powerful day 1. UWP needs more work to catch-up, and even then, it will never match Win32 due to the sandboxing.

How stable is the insider preview builds now adays? I am highly interested in the creators update and my college professor has even told me that it is stable enough at this point to go ahead and loaf it onto my primary pc though I'd like to also check with the community to see there opinion on the current build.

29 minutes ago, Coolstrybro said:

How stable is the insider preview builds now adays? I am highly interested in the creators update and my college professor has even told me that it is stable enough at this point to go ahead and loaf it onto my primary pc though I'd like to also check with the community to see there opinion on the current build.

Very stable on my side with my systems. Buggy yes. For example in the latest Fast ring build, action center buttons don't really work, Bluetooth and Connect panel doesn't work so you can't add/remove devices or disable Bluetooth. Connecting to wireless network works. Most of these stuff are listed in the 'Known Issues' in Microsoft blogs post announcement when a new build comes out.

Keep in mind that on avg, you have 1 new Build weak week on the Fast Ring.

So if you can live with the odd issues here and there, you'll be fine.

Windows 10 Creators Update is pretty much feature complete of its not already, so just expect bug fixes done now.

If you need support joining or after you joined, or want to confirm a bug pr issue, or just want to talk, this is the place :D

No new build this week.

On Twitter Dona Sakar, Head of Microsoft Insider Program, said that there is no new build this week, as they are busy with the triage of the Bug Bash that happened last week.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15042 for PC and Build 15043 for Mobile

Hello Windows Insiders!

Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15042 for PC and Build 15043 for Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. We have discovered a bug that impacts our ability to release this build to PCs running 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10 Insider Preview builds. Because the majority of Insiders in the Fast ring have PCs running 64-bit (x64) – we decided to go ahead and release this build with 32-bit PCs blocked until our next flight. UPDATE: PCs running 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10 Insider Preview builds should be able to receive this build just fine! We fixed the bug. Also – please read the known issues below.

What’s new in Build 15042?

New Cortana animation in OOBE (PC): We know how much you love animations, so we wanted to share with you our updated Cortana persona that you’ll see when you land on the Cortana page in OOBE:

oobe-cortanainout-loop.gif

Prompt to enable Flash in Microsoft Edge (PC): Back in Build 15002, we introduced click-to-run Flash by default in Microsoft Edge, for better security and performance across the Web. In today’s build, we’ve added a new dialog in the URL bar to make it clearer when Flash content has been blocked. Just click the puzzle icon to allow Flash once or every time you return to the same site.

flash-edge.png

Improved reading experience with Microsoft Edge: You loved the new Edge reading experience and gave us a TON of feedback. Here are some we implemented:

• When reading a locally saved EPUB book in Microsoft Edge on PC, a book icon will now be used in the place of the previous generic in the tab bar.

book-icon.png

• If you switch pages while an EPUB book is being read aloud in Microsoft Edge, the reader will now jump to that new location in the book.
  • If you’ve changed the read aloud settings when reading an EPUB in Microsoft Edge, those settings will now be preserved for subsequently opened books.

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• You should no longer see “Initializing…” when attempting to download new builds.
  • The download progress indicator shown when downloading new builds under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update should be working as expected and it should no longer appear you are getting stuck at 0% or at other percentages.
  • We fixed the issue causing the Settings app to crash when navigating to Settings > Devices and you should be able to pair a Bluetooth device without any issue. The Bluetooth quick action from Action Center should also now work again. This issue may also have resulted in generally decreased reliability in the quick action section of the Action Center.
  • You should be able to launch the Connect UX via Action Center, Win + K, or Settings again.
  • We fixed an issue where under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update Insiders might see the text “Some Settings are managed by your organization” even though the PC wasn’t being managed by an organization.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the Action Center sometimes appearing blank and transparent without color.
  • We fixed an issue where upgrading with an Xbox controller paired over Bluetooth could result in touch input not working and unexpected beeps when using the mouse.
  • We fixed an issue where items displayed in the autocomplete dropdown when filling form fields in Microsoft Edge would not insert when clicked.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in images unexpectedly being missing from certain PDFs when viewed in Microsoft Edge.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in web notifications not launching the associated website in Microsoft Edge after being clicked.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in some downloads from Microsoft Edge unexpectedly getting stuck in the “Waiting to download” state.
  • We fixed an issue where the preview thumbnails for certain websites appeared blank as they were taken before the webpage ran its JavaScript / Ajax to fully draw its layout.
  • We fixed an issue where the calculator button on the keyboard wouldn’t work if Microsoft Edge was in focus.
  • We also fixed an issue where Win + Shift + left/right arrow wouldn’t work on Microsoft Edge after selecting text on the open website.
  • We fixed an issue where pressing Alt + C with text selected in Microsoft Edge didn’t open the Cortana pane on recent flights.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge not being able to open the file:// protocol with the AdBlock Plus extension enabled.
  • We fixed an issue where in Microsoft Edge, if you were already on a website associated with an app, clicking a link on that website to go somewhere else on the website’s domain would unexpectedly launch the associated app.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to insert words into certain text fields in Microsoft Edge when using the handwriting panel to enter text.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the password placeholder text being unexpectedly shifted down in certain password text fields in Microsoft Edge.
  • The new Share icon is now visible in Microsoft Edge and the Windows Ink Workspace Sketchpad and Screen Sketch.
  • We fixed an issue we certain devices on recent builds where resuming from hibernation could result in a bug check.
  • We fixed an issue where sometimes a single notification toast might not pop up, only to be unexpectedly found duplicated in the Action Center.
  • We broadened our recent fix for an issue that had some PCs with older graphics chipsets seeing white or colored boxes in the place of text and some UI elements in UWP apps to cover more hardware.
  • If you right-click an app suggestion in Share, you’ll now find a context menu option to turn them off.
  • We fixed an issue where ink would go under the Windows Ink protractor when inking with the highlighter.
  • We fixed an issue where the first ink stroke into the Windows Ink Workspace Sketchpad wouldn’t enable the clear all button.
  • We fixed an issue where the sample ink stroke seen in the Windows Ink pen, pencil and highlighter flyout would appear to blink when the flyout was first opened.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in the new XAML scrollbar animation (as seen in Settings) becoming stuck in the transition state.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in “Microsoft Camera Front” and “Microsoft Camera Rear” unexpectedly showing up, with barcode scanner icons, as optional devices to connect to in Devices Settings on Surface Books.
  • We fixed an issue where explorer.exe might crash the first time an ISO file is double-clicked.
  • We fixed an issue from the last flight where if the gateway host name was of the form [ipv6address]::port, Remote Desktop couldn’t connect to the gateway.
  • We fixed an issue where the bug check screen on high resolution displays wasn’t rendering the “Frowny” part of the frowny face.
  • We fixed an issue where night light might not turn on/off automatically if the device was asleep at the time at which the night light state was scheduled to change.
  • The night light on/off animation’s duration has been increased to 2 minutes – appreciate everyone who’s shared feedback for this feature, keep it coming!
  • Microsoft Edge’s “Inspect Element” and “View Source” options should launch correctly to the DOM Explorer and Debugger, respectively.

Known issues for PC

• A small percentage of PCs may fail to update to this build due to a corrupt registry key. If your PC appears to be at the spinning dots black screen during boot for an unusual amount of time while updating to this build, hard reboot your PC and then run the following commands in an admin Command Prompt:Capture.JPG  
  • While we fixed the primary bug causing this issue, some Windows Insiders may still hit nonstop exceptions in the Spectrum.exe service causing their PC to lose audio, disk I/O usage to become very high, and apps like Microsoft Edge to become unresponsive when doing certain actions such as opening Settings. As a workaround to get out of this state, STOP the Spectrum.exe service and delete C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Spectrum\PersistedSpatialAnchors and reboot. For more details, see this forum post.
  • [GAMING] Some popular games might minimize to the taskbar when launched. You can click on the game on the taskbar to get the game back.
  • [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
  • Microsoft Edge F12 tools may intermittently crash, hang, and fail to accept inputs.
  • The icon for Windows Insider Program under Settings > Update & security is shown as a square.
  • Windows Hello face authentication might not work, showing a “Camera couldn’t turn on” error on the lock screen, on some Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices

Community Updates

We spent last week at Ignite Australia for the Windows Insiders Program for Business announcement. For more details, please see Bill Karagounis’ blog on it.

We’re so happy to see such interest from all of you around wanting to run Insider builds in your enterprises and to connect deeper with other communities of IT Pros. You’ll be hearing a LOT more from us in the next few months about how we want to co-create solutions with you to help you do your jobs better, easier and faster. Sign up here if you want to learn more today!

ALSO: I highly recommend reading Anita’s blog post about the recent Bug Bash we did and how awesome it was!

I am stoked for this build,  imean nothing super exciting but the bug fixes are some I have been waiting for. :) 

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to update my pc though ...

Side note OT: I am updating my PC GTX 960 to a GTX 1080 ... ordered it last night so this next week I am going to have some fun :D 

[bit excited so I had to add it, not because I am boasting or anything :P ]

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Oh dear... the backlash that this news will do on this forum...

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-just-added-the-best-way-of-preventing-installation-of-bloatware-in-windows-10/

Especially that I strongly sense that option 2 in the drop list will be selected by default in the screenshot of "Apps & features", which probably will be.

On 2/24/2017 at 9:55 PM, gabrielcarvfer said:

@SansVarnic, have fun with that 1080. :] 

On 2/26/2017 at 0:31 PM, GoodBytes said:

Oh dear... the backlash that this news will do on this forum...

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-just-added-the-best-way-of-preventing-installation-of-bloatware-in-windows-10/

Especially that I strongly sense that option 2 in the drop list will be selected by default in the screenshot of "Apps & features", which probably will be.

Interesting, I am genuinely interested to see how this will go.

I agree though on the backlash though ... this will be miss-interpreted and I am sure some will bring up something like more spying tools. *sigh*

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER