Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr
4 minutes ago, VMarshall said:

Is it true they are developing a new UI look for Windows 10 for April 17 ?

Project Neon was the name

I have heard of it but not sure of the details.

I can do some research ...

*edit

https://mspoweruser.com/project-neon-windows-10-first-look/

https://betanews.com/2017/02/01/windows-10-project-neon-app/

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, VMarshall said:

Yes please, they announce it but i don't see any advertisement or any news regarding it anymore.

The two links I added were posted beginning of February 2017.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

A bit late, was busy, sorry.

New Windows 10 Build 15046. This build has mostly bug fixes. Microsoft is trying a new icon in Edge for the panel that pop-up on the right for bookmarks, reading list, history, etc. It has been found that they are several icons, so each of us might be different. Windows will ask you feedback on it.

What's New:

•  Cortana search box is back to its normal color. Microsoft says how they got many feedback on the new color:

Color of Cortana’s home on the taskbar: You had a LOT of opinions on this topic and we have been loving the enthusiastic feedback coming in! We finished our experiment with the color of Cortana’s home on the taskbar and for now, it’s back to the color it was before. Thanks for your feedback on this change.

Cortana on the taskbar

• Windows Defender Improvement. Notification icon now give you status of what is happening, and launch Windows Defender from there.

Windows Defender Improvements: Windows Defender Security Center has added a notification icon to the notification area so you can see your protection status at a glance. You can also easily launch the app from the notification icon. Windows Defender Antivirus notifications also now lead to Windows Defender Security Center when clicked. Also: Windows Defender Security Center can now be launched directly from the Settings app and the “App and Browser” page is now functional.

New Defender icon in notification area

• Pickup where you left off. I don't really understand this feature. I have yet spend time to look into it.

Pick up where you left off in Cortana: We are experimenting with how we display what you can pick up where you left off across your devices in Cortana. Cortana now proactively shows you apps, files and websites from Microsoft Edge. Previously, this feature only displayed websites from Microsoft Edge in Action Center. Let us know what you think! (Available EN-US only.)

• Ability to lock the system from installing out of Windows Store apps, or just warn. This is the feature I reported that was coming in my previous post above.

What's fixed?

• We fixed the issue causing a small percentage of PCs to fail to update to recent builds due to a corrupt registry key.
  • We fixed the issue causing Microsoft Edge and / or the taskbar to stop responding requiring you to open Task Manager to restart explorer.exe.
  • Windows Hello face authentication should work again on Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices.
    After updating to a new build, we’ve updated the text on the welcome screen to say “Might take several minutes” instead of “Might take several minutes or so”. Thanks to everyone who sent feedback on how the original phrasing was overly casual.
  • Cortana’s background is now black instead of the previous grey.
  • We fixed an issue in tablet mode where, with certain DPI levels, Start tiles would render on first launch of Start after entering tablet mode but on subsequent launches would appear blank.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Shift+F10 not working to open context menus for websites displayed in Microsoft Edge.
  • We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where using the left/right arrow keys might sometimes unexpectedly result in forward/back page navigation.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in copy failing the first time you tried to copy a password from the LastPass extension in Microsoft Edge to a website.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the Microsoft Edge app window being unexpectedly slow to follow your mouse when dragging it around the screen.
  • We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where, after opening a link in a new tab, tooltips might start drawing behind the Microsoft Edge window instead of on top.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in input no longer working in a particular Microsoft Edge tab after tearing it away to make a new window.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge launching on pen click when that was the configured pen click action in Pen and Windows Ink Settings.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge sometimes unexpectedly crashing when deleting characters typed using an IME (for example, the Japanese IME, or the MS Pinyin IME).
  • We fixed an issue resulting in drag and drop (for example, into an Outlook 2016 email) sometimes not working on PCs with multiple monitors where the two monitors have different DPIs.
  • We fixed an issue where the icon for Windows Insider Program under Settings > Update & security was shown as a square.
  • We fixed an issue where all windows on a PC using multiple monitors would move to the primary monitor after remoting into the machine from a single monitor remote desktop session.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Storage Sense in Storage Settings failing to purge the recycle bin with certain machine configurations.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected and unnamed 0 byte item listed under Manage Optional Features in Settings.
  • We fixed an issue where PC Reset wasn’t working in the last flight, the PC would boot to a blue screen saying that there was a problem resetting your PC.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in being unable to mount an ISO with the sparse file attribute set.
  • We fixed an issue where handwriting text candidates might stop working properly after using strikethrough to erase words written in the handwriting panel.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the Korean IME’s composition indicator unexpectedly not appearing when typing jamo into certain text fields.
  • We fixed an issue where app updates in the Store may fail with error code 0x8020002B.
  • We fixed an alignment issue with entries on the Sign-in options Settings page.
  • We fixed the issue causing the Microsoft Edge F12 Developer Tools to intermittently crash, hang, and fail to accept inputs. If you continue to have issues with the F12 Developer Tools, send us feedback!
  • We fixed the issue where pressing F12 in Microsoft Edge multiple times invokes multiple F12 windows (all but one are non-functional).
  • We fixed the issue where toggling F12 between the docked and undocked state repeatedly can crash Microsoft Edge.

Known issues:

• Some PCs will fail to update to this build at 71% and roll-back to the previous build. See this forum post for details.
  • [GAMING] Some popular games might minimize to the taskbar when launched. You can click on the game on the taskbar to get the game back.
  • [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
  • Some UWP apps may unexpectedly appear with their app package in the title bar as opposed to the app name.
  • Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
  • Sometimes launching F12 will launch the F12 window behind the active Microsoft Edge window.
  • ADDED: Insiders with multiple monitors may encounter an issue where one of the monitors stops rendering (with the exception of the mouse). While rebooting will fix it, you can also resolve the issue via Settings > System > Display under the Multiple displays section, set it to only use the monitor that’s functional, then set it back to “Extend these displays” and the issue should be resolved.
  • ADDED: Some Insiders are reporting getting an 0x80070228 error when attempting to download this build. See this forum post for details.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/02/28/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15046-pc/#hGfYpvGorxYTMEQ5.97

Currently no new Mobile build released. PC only. Maybe later in the week.

Providing customers with more choice and control in the Creators Update

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/03/01/providing-customers-choice-control-creators-update/#RQxJe3Rxs4PqSXWL.97

New update deployment and privacy settings controls in the Creators Update

Thanks, Mike! Before I dive into the details I want to say again how important all the feedback we receive from customers is to us at Microsoft. We actively listen to feedback from many different sources including the Feedback Hub application, responses customers provide to system-initiated prompts, our customer support engineers, postings to social media, and a variety of Windows forums.

Our approach is to continuously listen to all the feedback and improve the experience with each future update. In fact, most of the improvements I’ll talk about next are the direct result of what we heard through these channels from our customers. On to the details!

Prior to the Creators Update, Windows 10 made most of the decisions for you regarding when updates would be installed and didn’t provide ways to tailor the timing to your specific needs. What we heard back most explicitly was that you want more control over when Windows 10 installs updates. We also heard that unexpected reboots are disruptive if they happen at the wrong time.

With the Creators Update you will have several new options for scheduling the timing of when updates install. For example, you can specify exactly when you want an update to occur (including the ability to reschedule an update if your original choice ends up being less convenient than expected), or “hit the snooze button.” The “snooze” capability allows you to pause the update process completely for three days when you need uninterrupted time on your device. In addition, we are widening the “Active Hours” time so Windows doesn’t install an update at times when you want your device to be ready to use. Here are two screen shots of the choices you will have when the Creators Update becomes available.

With the Creators Update you will have several new options for scheduling the timing of when updates install. For example, you can specify exactly when you want an update to occur (including the ability to reschedule an update if your original choice ends up being less convenient than expected), or “hit the snooze button.”

New Update Deployment and Privacy Settings Controls in the Creators Update

As always, we believe in the value of keeping devices “up to date,” and recommend that you choose the installation defaults that Windows 10 provides so you will always have the latest features, apps, and security updates. However, when you need more control over the update experience, you will have new choices.

If you decide to exercise more control over the update process, we’ve added a new icon to the Windows Update Settings page that makes it easier to verify that your device is up to date. This “at a glance” feature is consistent with a similar feature in the new Windows Defender Security Center.

In keeping with our approach of iterating based on your feedback, this enhanced update experience has been available to our Windows Insiders for some time and the response has been positive. We look forward to rolling this out more broadly with the Creators Update.

I also want to say a few words about the new privacy settings experience that will accompany the rollout of the Creators Update. Screenshots of this experience will be available to today via a “quest” we publish in the Feedback Hub application. This feedback will help us iterate on this experience as we get closer to shipping the Creators Update. Included here are screenshots that show what the experience will look like, including the choices customers will have when they want to update their privacy settings.

New Update Deployment and Privacy Settings Controls in the Creators Update

New Update Deployment and Privacy Settings Controls in the Creators Update - location settings screenshot

These, and many other improvements are the direct result of your feedback. Keep it coming!

This blog post today highlights just a part of our journey to listen intently to your feedback and provide on-going improvement to the Windows experience. In the coming weeks, you can expect to hear more from me about our process for rolling out the Creators Update, how we partner with OEMs to ensure high-quality experiences, and how we utilize your real time feedback and data to ensure the best update experience for all our customers.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Can we rename this update to the "common sense" update? looking forward too it. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

An update on our Unified Update Platform (UUP)

By Bill Karagounis / Director of Program Management, Windows Insider Program & OS Fundamentals

Back in November, we announced the next generation of our delivery technologies called the Unified Update Platform (UUP). Windows Insiders are the first to experience UUP with Insider Preview builds. We began releasing new Insider Preview builds using UUP to Mobile devices first starting with Build 14959 in November. Then we began releasing new Insider Preview builds to PCs using UUP starting with Build 14986 in early December. I wanted to give a small update on where we are today with UUP.

As a recap, one of the biggest benefits UUP brings to our customers is a reduction in download size of build updates on PCs. We’ve converged technologies in our build and publishing systems to enable differential downloads for both PC and Mobile.

A differential download package contains only the changes that have been made since the last time you updated your device, rather than a full build. Differential download packages rely on re-using files on your current OS to reconstruct the newer OS. This could include copying files as-is that have not changed between builds, or it could involve applying “binary deltas” or “diffs” to old files to generate newer files. Differential download packages are smaller and can take a shorter amount of time to download.

For a full build, we refer to this as a canonical download package. It is a self-contained update that contains all files for the update, and does not rely on any files on your device. Canonical download packages tend to be larger in size and may take longer to download.

We are excited to begin releasing PC builds to Windows Insiders using differential download packages! As we discussed in November, as we roll out UUP in our retail release, users can expect their download size to decrease by approximately 35% when going from one major update of Windows to another. For retail users, the first time they get the UUP client code is part of the Creators Update, therefore, they will see the benefit of differential download packages when they go from the Creators Update to the next feature update of Windows.

Windows Insiders have been running the UUP bits for a while now and are already experiencing the benefits of differential packages as seen in the below.

Diff Download Graph

NOTE: Given the frequency of Insider flights, Insider build update diffs are considerably smaller (<1GB) than what we expect for retail users to experience when going from feature update to feature update.

t’s also important to note that Windows Insiders may not get a differential download packages even if we ship them. A baseline build has to be set for differential download packages and if that baseline build is newer than the build Windows Insiders are updating from (in the case where they are not on the latest flight) – they will receive a larger download.

Thank you for participating in this journey and giving us feedback to help us finalize this generational shift in the way we update Windows devices in the future!

Thanks,

Bill

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

In my opinion, they should focus on fixing the P2P update, that doesn't work properly. That would save much more bandwith for people sharing their connection and they should get updates much faster because of the proximity to the peers. 

If I were a MS executive, would try to buy Resilio Sync (former BitTorrent Sync), and then use it to distribute OneDrive files and Windows updates.

How does it not work properly? On my LAN at home it works fine. Between my desktop and laptop, it seems to work well enough.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15048 for PC

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• We fixed the issue where some UWP apps may unexpectedly appear with their app package name in the title bar as opposed to the app name. A lot of you sent us screenshots of this in the Feedback Hub and we were able to debug the issue quickly. Thank you!.
  • [GAMING] We fixed the issue where some popular games might minimize to the taskbar when launched.
  • We fixed an issue where copy and pasting URLs to and from the Microsoft Edge address bar with spaces wouldn’t convert spaces into %20.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the LastPass extension for Microsoft Edge sometimes unexpectedly failing to show its autofill buttons on recent builds.
  • We fixed a recent issue resulting in unexpected characters sometimes being pasted when pasting into certain websites using Microsoft Edge.
  • We fixed an issue where using the mouse wheel to scrolling in Microsoft Edge might not work if the window was made smaller or moved to a different monitor.
  • We adjusted Microsoft Edge’s “Find on page” logic so that now as you go through the results the webpage should scroll so the found text is more central on the page.
  • We fixed an issue for those flighting recent builds on laptops, changing brightness would stop working after the first time the laptop lid had been closed and reopened when the “Lid Close Action” power policy was set to “Do nothing”.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in not being able to type into search boxes in certain UWP apps.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in clicked Cortana search results not opening when typing using the MS Pinyin IME.
  • We fixed an issue where cross device notifications from a particular phone might unexpectedly appear in two separate groups in the Action Center.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in emails from Outlook 2016 not opening in the foreground after tapping on the corresponding notification.

Known issues for PC

• If you did the workaround to fix the corrupted registry key to get Build 15042, please DO this to re-enabled IPv6.
  • Some PCs will fail to update to this build at 71% and roll-back to the previous build. See this forum post for details.
  • If you have Symantec/Norton anti-virus software installed on your PC, you may get an 0x80070228 error when attempting to download this build. See this forum post for details.
  • If you have additional language packs installed, this build will fail to download and install. You can follow the steps in this forum post to get unblocked.
  • [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
  • Issues may occur when exploring pages using the F12 Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge with cross-origin iframes (e.g. the DOM explorer shows only the iframe DOM, the Console frame selector doesn’t list the iframes, etc.).
  • Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
  • Sometimes launching F12 will launch the F12 window behind the active Microsoft Edge window.
  • Insiders with multiple monitors may encounter an issue where one of the monitors stops rendering (with the exception of the mouse). While rebooting will fix it, you can also resolve the issue via Settings > System > Display under the Multiple displays section, set it to only use the monitor that’s functional, then set it back to “Extend these displays” and the issue should be resolved

Mostly bug fixes this time around for both PC and Mobile.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

so as of today are most of wind 10 faults and holes patched up ? or should i still stick with win 7

42 minutes ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

so as of today are most of wind 10 faults and holes patched up ? or should i still stick with win 7

Depends on what you view as faults. Tell us so that we can tell you if it's fixed.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

17 hours ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

Which faults and holes are you referring to?

This thread is about the previewers builds so they are inherently full of bugs. The public releases are currently stable versions of Windows 10.

16 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Depends on what you view as faults. Tell us so that we can tell you if it's fixed.

Yup

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15055 for PC and Mobile

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/03/10/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15055-pc-mobile/#6DC1ITAMCBftVwO1.97

• If you have Symantec/Norton anti-virus software installed on your PC, you should no longer get an 0x80070228 error when attempting to download this build. Symantec released updated anti-virus definitions last week that fixes this issue. Please make sure your Symantec/Norton anti-virus software has the most up-to-date anti-virus definitions BEFORE taking trying to install today’s build.
  • PCs should no longer fail to update to this build at 71% and roll-back to the previous build.
  • If you have additional language packs installed, this build should install just fine.
  • We fixed an issue where sometimes the context menu when right-clicking a misspelled word in Microsoft Edge would launch in an unexpected place or under the Edge window.
  • When using “Cast media to device” in Microsoft Edge, it will now open the Connect pane (also seen when using Win + K).
  • We fixed an issue from recent builds where Microsoft Edge might immediately show a “Not responding” state after opening a link or pasting a URL in a new tab.
  • We fixed an issue where sometimes the tab mouse-over description tooltips in Microsoft Edge would stay on the screen even after closing the relevant tab.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge unexpectedly attempting to download certain webpages rather than navigating to them when the uBlock Origin extension was enabled.
  • We fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to use touch to set focus to text boxes in Microsoft Edge’s Web Notes in order to enter text.
  • We fixed an issue where, after using Ctrl + W to close multiple tabs in Microsoft Edge at once, the active tab might lose focus and keyboard shortcuts would stop working until moving focus away from and back to the tab.
  • We fixed an issue recently where if you have selected text in Microsoft Edge, moved focus away from the window, then returned focus using Alt + Tab or the mouse, trying to copy the selected text wouldn’t work. We also fixed a recent issue where if you used Ctrl + C to copy selected text in the Edge URL bar, and then Ctrl + Shift + P to open a new InPrivate window or Ctrl + N to open a new regular window, using Ctrl + V to paste the copied URL into the new window’s address bar wouldn’t work.
  • We fixed an issue for Insiders where, if focus was set to a Microsoft Edge window, touchpad and keyboard input might periodically stop working for a few seconds at a time.
  • We fixed an issue for Insiders with multiple monitors resulting in flickering and rendering issues when the Hub button in Microsoft Edge was pressed.
  • We fixed an issue where Insiders with multiple monitors might find one of their monitors would stop rendering (with the exception of the mouse).
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Groove sometimes no longer rendering correctly after snapping the app to one side of the monitor and changing the size.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in the taskbar getting into a state where many of the thumbnail previews would be unexpectedly blank.
  • We fixed an issue for certain USB-powered monitors where the taskbar clock would sometimes stop rendering for a few minutes (seemingly stuck, but would refresh on mouse-over).
  • We fixed an issue where the battery flyout would crash the second time the battery icon in the taskbar was clicked.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in OneDrive.exe unexpectedly sometimes running with a high percent CPU for a long time.
  • We fixed an issue that Insiders may have experienced resulting in paste not working if the copied content was from a UWP app that was currently suspended.
  • We fixed an issue where certain devices were unexpectedly not being discovered when searching for available pairings to add in Bluetooth & Other Devices Settings.
  • We fixed an issue where for those with certain printers, clicking on “More settings” in the UWP app print dialog would result in the print dialog hanging.
  • We fixed a recent issue where many of the advanced settings dialogs, such as the one seen when searching for driver updates, were grey or had grey components instead of the expected white.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender Antivirus notifications not opening Windows Defender Security Center when clicked.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error dialog citing a TabTip.exe runtime error unexpectedly appearing on the login screen for some Insiders.

Known issues for PC

• If you did the workaround to fix the corrupted registry key to get Build 15042, please DO this to re-enabled IPv6.
  • Some PCs may fail to update to Build 15002 and higher due to SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error.
  • Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo
  • There is a bug in this build that can cause a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store). If you run into this, you can reset the app by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Store > Advanced Options and pressing the “Reset” button. which should allow you to use the app as normal. However, please note this issue also prevents you from taking any app updates from the Store. A workaround for this is to uninstall the app and reinstall the app from the Store. This issue will be fixed in the next build.
  • There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
  • In the last build, we noted that we had fixed the issue where some UWP apps may unexpectedly appear with their app package name in the title bar as opposed to the app name. However, Insiders reported back that they were still seeing apps showing their app package name in the title bar. Thanks to Insiders who gave us this feedback, a second bug was discovered causing the same issue.
  • Issues may occur when exploring pages using the F12 Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge with cross-origin iframes (e.g. the DOM explorer shows only the iframe DOM, the Console frame selector doesn’t list the iframes, etc.).
  • Surface Pro 3 devices will fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. To take a new build, remove the SD memory card. You can re-insert the SD memory card after the latest build is installed.

Quite a few bug fixes, nothing new or fancy.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

8 hours ago, ionbasa said:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15055 for PC and Mobile

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/03/10/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15055-pc-mobile/#6DC1ITAMCBftVwO1.97

Known issues for PC

Quite a few bug fixes, nothing new or fancy.

Informative but you can leave out the PC portion in the mobile section and posted it in the pc section ... just for future fyi

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

Informative but you can leave out the PC portion in the mobile section and posted it in the pc section ... just for future fyi

I do not get what you are getting at? I didn't post in the mobile section. Likewise, my post here was only the PC portion.

On 2017-3-10 at 5:05 AM, SansVarnic said:

Which faults and holes are you referring to?

This thread is about the previewers builds so they are inherently full of bugs. The public releases are currently stable versions of Windows 10.

Yup

Please help me the build 15048 does not get installed each time I get the errpr 0x80240031. What should I do?? I recently did a fresh install of the stable releases and tried getting to insider.

On 3/11/2017 at 0:21 AM, ionbasa said:

I do not get what you are getting at? I didn't post in the mobile section. Likewise, my post here was only the PC portion.

Forget it. Not sure why I said that.  *shrugs*

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

18 hours ago, radical1412 said:

Please help me the build 15048 does not get installed each time I get the errpr 0x80240031. What should I do?? I recently did a fresh install of the stable releases and tried getting to insider.

There are work arounds. One is try restarting your pc prior to updating - sometimes this works.

If this does not work there are some other more workarounds.

The current build 15055 is suppose to have also fixed that issue. I would try updating to that build first and see if that works.

Hope that helps :) 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Last night (well, for me), Microsoft has released a new Build for PC. It is just bug fixes, as we near close to the official release of the Creators Update.

Build 15058

What's Fixed/Improved?

• We fixed the issue causing a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store) and preventing any app updates from the Store from installing.
  • We fixed another issue causing some UWP apps would unexpectedly appear with their app package name in the title bar as opposed to the app name.
  • We fixed an issue where going to fullscreen or maximizing Microsoft Edge when Microsoft Edge’s window was snapped to a size smaller than half the screen would trigger back navigation.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the mouse pointer staying visible when watching a video fullscreen in Microsoft Edge.
  • We fixed a crash Insiders may have sometimes experienced in recent builds when accessing the Wi-Fi Settings page via Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
  • We fixed an issue where the desktop session sometimes crashed for Insiders after locking if the PC was set to lock on sleep. After this happened, trying to unlock the computer could result either seeing an unexpected “Can’t log in: The number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections are in use” error on the login screen, or a successful login only to find all open apps had been closed.
  • We fixed an issue where renaming an encrypted PDF would reset the default PDF reader if it was not currently set to Microsoft Edge.
  • We have improved video playback quality on the target device when using Miracast to wirelessly connect from a high DPI PC to another high DPI device.

Known issues:

• Some PCs may fail to update to Build 15002 and higher due to SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error.
  • Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:

• There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
  • Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 devices will fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. To take a new build, remove the SD memory card. You can re-insert the SD memory card after the latest build is installed.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/03/14/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15058-pc/#a0satyrGgB780IsP.97

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC

<Self Snipped> @GoodBytes Just beat me to the punch .... barely.

Small Bug Bash for the Creators PreRelease this time ... well sorta of. I don't have much really to add.

@radical1412 this might help you out ...

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

44 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC

<Self Snipped> @GoodBytes Just beat me to the punch .... barely.

Yes! My time machine was a success! I knew what time you will post, and I posted mine exactly 1 min before yours.

Now I have filled my purpose for the time machine, and now it shall be destroyed!

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Yes! My time machine was a success! I knew what time you will post, and I posted mine exactly 1 min before yours.

Now I have filled my purpose for the time machine, and now it shall be destroyed!

:P:D 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

You know what time it is? No! It's Build of Windows 10! Now contains 5% real orange juice!

What's fixed/improved?

• We fixed an issue resulting in the Settings icon appearing plating in the taskbar. This issue also resulted in another issue now fixed, where if Settings had been pinned to Start, the tile would become greyed out after the first time it was clicked. Thank you all for your feedback on this.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in 3rd party IMEs not showing up in Settings after being installed.
  • We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where quickly typing and deleting characters into a website’s search box while using the MS Pinyin IME might result in the IME becoming stuck and the website showing “Not responding”.
  • Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 devices should no longer fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted if you have the latest Surface drivers and firmware installed.
  • We fixed an issue where taskhost.exe might crash after pressing Tab while quickly typing in UWP app sign in fields, resulting in not being able to type for a few seconds.
  • We fixed an issue for Insiders where, after a crash, Microsoft Edge might fail to launch again for a few minutes because previous instances were still suspended in the background.
  • We fixed the issues occurring when exploring pages using the F12 Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge with cross-origin iframes (e.g. the DOM explorer shows only the iframe DOM, the Console frame selector doesn’t list the iframes, etc.).

Known issues:

• You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted.
  • If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
  • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RequestedAppCategories\8b24b027-1dee-babb-9a95-3517dfb9c552

See this forum post for more details.

• Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/03/16/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15060-pc/#BkJrfu03AHtesT72.97

Oh.. what's that you are downloading this new last build? TO BAD! New Build! 15061!

Download now! Chop chop!

What's fixed/improved?

• We fixed an issue resulting in some unexpected visual distortion when watching certain mp4 videos in Movies and TV on recent flights.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in OOBE crashing when you tapped the birthday date field when creating a new account and email address.
  • We fixed a recent issue resulting in certain VPN connections being unexpecting missing from Network Connections.
  • We fixed an issue where in recent flights, some Direct3D 9 games might periodically fail to launch. To work around this, it was necessary that your default display resolution be the recommended setting for your system. You can now return your display configuration to your preferred settings.

Known issues:

• You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted.
  • If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
  • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RequestedAppCategories\8b24b027-1dee-babb-9a95-3517dfb9c552

See this forum post for more details.

Sauce: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/03/17/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15061-pc/#2g3F1TU6JDIvsodl.97

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:34 AM, GoodBytes said:

Oh.. what's that you are downloading this new last build? TO BAD! New Build! 16061!

Download now! Chop chop!

What's fixed/improved?

Known issues:

Sauce: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/03/17/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15061-pc/#2g3F1TU6JDIvsodl.97

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

18 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

March 14th: Build 15058

March 17th: Build 15060

March 18th: Build 15061

Busy week. 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER