Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

G' Morning!

New Build: 15063

What fixed?

• We fixed a reliability issue from Build 15061 resulting in Microsoft Edge hanging and becoming completely unresponsive.
  • We fixed an issue for Insiders where the localized files and registry keys associated with any additional language packs on the system would not be installed after enabling .NET Framework 3.5.

Known issues:

• The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this Windows 10 Creators Update build is not yet live and will be live tomorrow morning.
  • You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted. These will go live later this week.
  • If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
  • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RequestedAppCategories\8b24b027-1dee-babb-9a95-3517dfb9c552

See this forum post for more details.

• Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo

• There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
  • [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/03/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15063-pc-mobile/#yhI8zHsQu5Vpituw.97

Happy upgrading!

@GoodBytes Lol. still not fixed....... And I pointed it out once already :(.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:34 AM, GoodBytes said:

16061!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

21 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

G' Morning!

New Build: 15063

What fixed?

Who still uses .NET 3.5 though?

All .NET programs I've used recently have been .NET 4 or newer.

21 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Lol. They assume people use Gamebar.....

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

@GoodBytes Lol. still not fixed....... And I pointed it out once already :(.

Huh, though I fixed it...

• 2 weeks later...

Build 15063.11 has been released.

• We fixed an issue where on Surface devices, Bluetooth radio fails to re-enumerate during hibernate/resume.
  • We fixed an issue with McAfee Enterprise to prevent a system crash when the product driver is installed on build 15060 configured with Device Guard.

Source: https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-build-1506311-is-now-available-for-pcs-in-the-fast-and-slow-rings

This is not an April fool joke.

1- Start the Store app, and make sure all your apps are updated (click on the image next to the search box, and click on "Downloads and updates ", and hit Check for update.
2- Once all the apps are updated, fire up Groove Music

Now, enjoy a hint of Project Neon!

Also, notice next to the track name you have a new button "Music video on", when you press it, a small pop-up shows that it will play music videos if available.

So after YEARS, Zune music video are returning to Groove!

For some reason whenever I try to update Windows 10, it errors out. I've looked up the error code and tried running the Update Troubleshooting utility with no luck. If anybody could get back to me on how to fix this issue I would more than appreciate it!

cbadf68e0f.png

8 hours ago, ChristianTheFolf said:

For some reason whenever I try to update Windows 10, it errors out. I've looked up the error code and tried running the Update Troubleshooting utility with no luck. If anybody could get back to me on how to fix this issue I would more than appreciate it!

Try this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

8 hours ago, ChristianTheFolf said:

Did you try this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/windows-10-insider-preview-15063-rs2release-error/0e9d58e9-4cdd-485a-8fb1-270e7df05232

Be sure to hit the "Me too" button so that Microsoft looks into it, and fix it in a future update.

8 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Did you try this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/windows-10-insider-preview-15063-rs2release-error/0e9d58e9-4cdd-485a-8fb1-270e7df05232

Be sure to hit the "Me too" button so that Microsoft looks into it, and fix it in a future update.

I have but it just wont update. I've literally tried updating and end up getting the same error code

So it is that time again! Creators Update is out, Redstone 3 is in the works.

Build 16170 is out.

This build brings nothing new to the table. By now you probably notice some nice traces of Project Neon, with Groove Music side bar navigation, the top bar navigation in Movie & TV, new progress bars in the Store app download and update section.

As with the start with new update version, after releasing a new update to the public, it starts with back-end stuff related to OneCore. In other words they are doing, code refactoring, changes that will ultimately lead to improvements, improve its structure, and create the foundations for the new features. So for a while, we will get nothing new, just new bugs that will appear, and fixed.

Today we are excited to be releasing a new build from our Development Branch! Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16170 for PC has been released to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As we mentioned earlier this week, you won’t see many big noticeable changes or new features in new builds just yet. That’s because right now, we’re focused on making some refinements to OneCore and doing some code refactoring and other engineering work that is necessary to make sure OneCore is optimally structured for teams to start checking in code. This also means more bugs and other issues that could be slightly more painful to live with – so check your Windows Insider Program settings!

Dona Sarkar - Software Engineer from the Windows and Devices Group, at Microsoft, and in charge of the Insider program, says on Microsoft Windows 10 Insider blog.

So, let's get started again:

What's improved/fixed?

• We fixed the issue causing your PC to fail to install new builds on reboot with the error 8024a112.
  • We have updated the share icon in File Explorer (in the Share tab) to match our new share iconography.
  • We fixed an issue where Cortana Reminders was displayed as a possible share target when Cortana wasn’t enabled.
  • We fixed an issue where Miracast sessions would disconnect a minute or so after the Connect UI was closed if the connection was a first time pairing.
  • We fixed a high-DPI issue when “System (Enhanced)” scaling is enabled so as to now correctly display certain applications that use display graphics accelerated contents.
  • Turning the night light schedule off in Settings now turns night light off immediately.

Known issues:

• Narrator will not work on this build. If you require Narrator to work, you should move to the Slow ring until we get this bug fixed.
  • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
  • Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo.
  • There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
  • Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster. Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers.
  • Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
  • Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
  • Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
  • The Action Center may get into a state where dismissing one notification unexpectedly dismisses multiple. If this happens, please try rebooting your device.

Read more: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/04/07/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16170-pc/#BarxsBz190B67vaO.97

Happy download!

Yay another Build! :D 

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16176 for PC 

Hello Windows Insiders!

Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16176 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. We’re continuing work to refine OneCore with some code refactoring so that teams can start checking in new code. So, you still won’t see any noticeable changes or new features in new builds just yet.

What’s New in Build 16176 For PC

Windows Subsystem for Linux Gains Serial Device Support: Windows COM ports can now be accessed directly from a WSL process!

More information can be found on the WSL Blog.  Additional features and fixes are posted on the WSL Release Notes page – keep the feedback coming!

Changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• You can now hold down the power button on your device for 7 seconds to trigger a bugcheck. This will only work on newer devices that don’t uses legacy ACPI power buttons.
  • Narrator will work again on this build.
  • We fixed the issue causing some apps and games to crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the Start menu and Action Center having a noticeable framerate drop in their animations on certain devices if transparency was enabled and there were open UWP apps.
  • We fixed an issue from the previous build where the Action Center could get into a state where dismissing one notification unexpectedly dismissed multiple.
  • We fixed an issue where the Clock and Calendar flyout was unexpectedly missing the agenda integration for some Insiders.
  • We fixed an issue from the previous build (Build 16170) resulting in Surface Books unexpectedly doing a disk check after waking from sleep due to it bugchecking during sleep.
  • We fixed an issue from the previous build resulting in Win32 app text sometimes not rendering, for example in File Explorer, until logging out and back in.
  • We fixed an issue where the Extensions Process was suspended inappropriately during Connected Standby, resulting in Microsoft Edge becoming unresponsive on wake if any extensions had been installed.

Known issues for PC

• Apps that use the Desktop Bridge (“Centennial”) from the Store such as Slack and Evernote will cause your PC to bugcheck (GSOD) when launched with a “kmode exception not handled” in ntfs.sys error.
  • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
  • Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
  • Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
  • Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
  • exe will crash and restart if you tap any of the apps listed in the Windows Ink Workspace’s Recent Apps section

Happy Easter to those of you who are celebrating, have a great weekend ALL of you, and keep hustling team,
Dona <3

Sweet. :) 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Not another build but focus on a new feature in Build 16176.

Most people running Windows like having multiple apps running at the same time – and often, what’s running in the background can drain your battery. In this latest Insider Preview build (Build 16176), we leveraged modern silicon capabilities to run background work in a power-efficient manner, thereby enhancing battery life significantly while still giving users access to powerful multitasking capabilities of Windows. With “Power Throttling”, when background work is running, Windows places the CPU in its most energy efficient operating modes – work gets done, but the minimal possible battery is spent on that work.

You may remember some of our January power experiments we mentioned in Build 15002’s release notes. Power Throttling was one of those experiments, and showed up to 11% savings in CPU power consumption for some of the most strenuous use cases. We’ve been hard at work making improvements and listening to Windows Insider feedback since then, so this capability should help many of you see a nice boost in battery life!

Figure 1 - Task Manager shows which processes are Power throttled

Note: Power Throttling is currently available only for processors with Intel’s Speed Shift technology, available in Intel’s 6th-gen (and beyond) Core processors – we’re working on expanding support to other processors as well over the next few months.

How does it work? To give great performance to the apps you’re using, while at the same time power throttling background work, we built a sophisticated detection system into Windows. The OS identifies work that is important to you (apps in the foreground, apps playing music, as well as other categories of important work we infer from the demands of running apps and the apps the user interacts with). While this detection works well for most apps, if you happen to notice an app that is negatively impacted by Power Throttling, we really want to know!! You can do 3 things:

1. Provide feedback! Please run the Feedback Hub and file feedback under the Power and Battery > Throttled Applications category

2. Control power throttling system-wide, using the Power Slider. Windows works hardest to keep the processor in its efficient ranges when you’ve selected “Battery Saver” or “Recommended”, and turns off completely when you’ve selected “Best Performance”.

Power Slider

3. Opt individual apps out from Power Throttling:

• Go to Battery Settings (Settings >  System > Battery).
  • Click on “Battery Usage by App”.
  • Select your app.
  • Toggle “Managed by Windows” to “Off”.
  • Uncheck the “Reduce work app does when in background” checkbox.

Note that benchmark results may vary with power throttling turned on. While most benchmarks run fine and produce great performance results, some benchmark processes may be affected by throttling. Our general recommendation is to always run performance benchmarks while plugged in, as power throttling does not apply in that case.

Developer note: Power throttling is designed to work well with applications out of the box, but we recognize that in some cases, application developers may be able to provide additional power savings by having more fine-grained control over Power Throttling. We will have APIs to provide more fine grained control in upcoming flights. Please make sure to watch out for API updates on MSDN.

*Power throttling is a temporary working name for this capability and may change during the course of the development cycle for the next release of Windows.

Thanks,
Bill @billkar44

This is an interesting function, as it is I no longer have any working laptops so this feature wont do me much good but I am excited to it for when I get another laptop this will be a good feature for me as I do use multiple open programs/applications at a time.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

New Build! 

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 for PC

Hello Windows Insiders!

Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. We are also releasing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15205 to Insiders in the Fast ring.

What’s New in Build 16179 For PC

Revert VM: Continuing our theme of simplifying Hyper-V for developers on Windows 10 (see What’s New), we’re introducing automatic checkpoints so that you’ll always be able to undo a mistake in your virtual machine – you can now always revert to the last time you started a virtual machine.

Introducing Power Throttling*: You may remember some of the power experiments we did back in January with Build 15002. Power Throttling was one of those experiments, and showed to have up to 11% savings in CPU power consumption for some of the most strenuous use cases. So, we’re turning this on for everyone starting with last week’s build. Check out our complete blog post on this for more details!

*Power throttling is a temporary working name for this feature and may change before the release of the next Windows 10 update.

• We fixed the issue causing apps that use the Desktop Bridge (“Centennial”) from the Store such as Slack and Evernote will cause your PC to bugcheck (GSOD) when launched with a “kmode exception not handled” in ntfs.sys error.
  • We fixed an issue where adding Hindi to your language list and downloading the on-demand language resources would result in Microsoft Edge crashing on launch and file search returning no results via Cortana or Windows Explorer.
  • We fixed an issue where desktop icons would sometimes move around unexpectedly when “Auto arrange icons” was set to On and “Align icons to grid” was set to Off.
  • The existing Group Policy to disable the lock screen is now available for those on the Pro edition of Windows 10. Appreciate all who shared feedback on the subject. Note, the Group Policy text has not yet been updated to incorporate this change, that will happen with a later flight.
  • We fixed a rendering issue from previous flights where specific multi-monitor and projection configurations could fail depending on the hardware used. This could have impacted all Surface (Surface Book, Surface Pro, etc.) devices as well as other devices using similar chipsets. Another symptom may have been to see screen flickering and potentially being logged out when any screen mode change occurred.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the location icon being continually on in the taskbar after the first time the Action Center was opened if the night light quick action was visible.

Known issues for PC

• Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
  • exe will crash and restart if you tap any of the apps listed in the Windows Ink Workspace’s Recent Apps section.
  • Insiders who use Simplified Chinese IMEs or the Traditional Chinese Changjie or Quick IME to input text will find that the candidate window doesn’t appear when typing into certain apps. If you press space, the first candidate will be finalized. Using the number keys will not finalize any other candidate. If the candidate you need is not the first one, for now you will have to enter your text into an app where the candidate window appears, such as Notepad, and copy it into the desired text field.
  • Navigating to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update may crash Settings app. You can simply re-open the Settings app again and it should work again.
  • The “Save” dialog appears to be broken in several desktop (Win32) apps. The team is investigating.

Looks like it is mostly a small bug bash as well as the feature I mention in my previous comment. :) 

*edit

Community Updates

Many of you have been asking for our team to share more about our future plans about the overall Windows Insider community. We want to be inclusive of all consumption styles, so we thought we would experiment with an audio podcast. Check out episode 1!

Didn't get this added *facepalm*  now its here ... Enjoy!

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 2 weeks later...

New Build! Forgot to post it.

Build 16184

It features My People! Yes, the feature that didn't make it, has finally arrived. I have been playing with it over the weekend, and it does need some work, but it works. Microsoft shared this picture of it on the blog announcement. It is black on my side, as I have dark mode enabled.

my-people.png

Microsoft says:

My People: Technology is all about making it easier for you to connect with your most important people. Whether you want to share a photo, make plans for dinner, or get an answer from a friend or coworker – My People is here to take it to the next level and bring the people you care about most to the center of your experience.

You can now:

• Pin your people to the taskbar – we’ll suggest some to start with, or you can pick your own! (Note: you are currently limited to having 3 people pinned to your taskbar currently.)
  • View multiple communication apps together and filtered to each person on your taskbar.
  • Choose the app you want to use to chat and we’ll remember for next time.

In addition, this build features improvement with GMail integration with Mail app:

New experience for Gmail accounts in Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps: Last week, we announced we’re introducing a new experience for Gmail accounts in the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps that brings our latest features such as Focused Inbox and richer experiences for travel reservations and package deliveries that were previously only available to those with an Outlook.com or Office 365 email address. Windows Insiders will be the first to try out the new experience as the roll-out gradually happens over the next few weeks. You’ll know the new experience is available for your account when you are prompted to update your Gmail account settings.
2-Gmail-blog-inline1.jpg

It also has lots of fixes:

• We fixed an issue where night light could get stuck in a disabled state.
  • We’ve updated Start to use the improved XAML scrollbar style announced during Creators Update development.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights where dragging an app from Start’s All apps list into the tile grid would result in Start crashing.
  • We fixed an issue for those using Windows in Japanese, where on first login after an upgrade certain apps would unexpectedly appear at the bottom of the Start’s All apps list for an hour or until being launched, instead of the normal sorted position.
  • Since the preview picture in Start Settings only previewed background and theming changes, which are already available to be previewed on their corresponding Settings pages, we’ve made the decision to remove it.
  • We’ve improved the loading performance of the Notification Settings page.
  • Some audio drivers have an “encoding Audio Processing Object” feature; this is commonly known as “Dolby Digital Live” or “DTS Connect”. This takes the output of the Windows audio engine mix, encodes it (as Dolby Digital, DTS, or some other format) and sends it out over a S/PDIF optical link for decoding by an external audio receiver. An issue was introduced which resulted in this feature no longer working, which is now fixed.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in Photos crashing if you opened a picture from the Collection page and then pressed the back button in the title back.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Counter Strike Global Offensive hanging or freezing during game play on the latest builds (16176+).
  • We fixed the issue where pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.

And has lot of issues:

• ADDED: PC Reset via Settings > Update & security > Recovery will not work on this build.
  • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available.” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
  • exe will crash and restart if you tap any of the apps listed in the Windows Ink Workspace’s Recent Apps section.
  • Insiders who use Simplified Chinese IMEs or the Traditional Chinese Changjie or Quick IME to input text will find that the candidate window doesn’t appear when typing into certain apps. If you press space, the first candidate will be finalized. Using the number keys will not finalize any other candidate. If the candidate you need is not the first one, for now you will have to enter your text into an app where the candidate window appears, such as Notepad, and copy it into the desired text field.
  • Navigating to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update may crash Settings app. You can simply re-open the Settings app again and it should work again.
  • The “Save” dialog appears to be broken in several desktop (Win32) apps. The team is investigating. This will break things such as Chinese IME, etc.
  • Localized apps on localized x64 Windows 10 Insider Preview builds will not work.
  • We’ve heard some reports that the Action Center isn’t opening as reliably in recent builds, and are investigating.

Read more: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/04/28/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16184-pc-build-15208-mobile/#uglDP3X5IqzX4AWA.97

Happy Updating!

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft announces that Project Neon is officially called: Microsoft Fluent Design System

Hmmm... ok

And that that Redstone 3 will be called: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

How original :/

Sources:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/new-windows-look-and-feel-neon-is-officially-the-microsoft-fluent-design-system/

https://www.onmsft.com/news/microsoft-announces-redstone-3s-official-name-windows-10-fall-creators-update-at-build-2017

[FYI Build 16188 was not posted but that is OK]

New Build 16193 for PC 

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/05/11/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16193-pc-build-15213-mobile/#lJeZ5hwMxFoYDvUc.97

I will add the particulars shortly, finishing the Build Conference post.

Upcoming Bug Bash

We know Windows Insiders love participating in Bug Bashes. So we’re really excited to do our very first Bug Bash for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update! The Bug Bash will start at 12am (Pacific Time) on Monday May 15th and will run a full week ending at 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) on Sunday May 21st. We’re also planning to do two Beam webcasts on Thursday May 18th – one in the morning, and another in the evening – to reach many of our global Insiders! Look for specific timing from us early next week on these webcasts so you can attend! We’ll also publish some new quests as usual for this bug bash as well. So be sure to open Feedback Hub and complete as many quests as you can!

What’s New in Build 16193 For PC

Tell your story your way: Today at Build we unveiled a big update coming to the Windows 10 Creators Update and the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Story Remix is an evolution of the Photos app that makes it easier than ever to relive your memories and introduces video story creation from your photos and videos. Windows Insiders will be the first to try out many of the new features demonstrated today – with more to come!

New Story Editor in the Photos app

• Videos made easy: Story Remix uses its understanding of your content to find collections of content most relevant to you and automatically brings it together into video stories – each with a soundtrack, theme, and transitions. You can keep these suggested video stories to enjoy and share, remix them with just a click of a button, or edit them yourself in story editor to get it just right. Anyone can get started creating great videos with the help of Story Remix.
  • Search: Story Remix uses deep learning and AI to automatically tag your content. Now you can search by people, places or things to easily find specific photos in your ever-growing collection so that you can view, edit or create a story.

New Search Experience in the Photos app

• Updated UX: The Story Remix app now includes elements of Fluent Design like connected animations, conscious scrollbars, and acrylic. The Explore page is the hub for your entire collection of photos and videos, where you can view your content in three different sizes – small, medium, and large. The Create page is the jumping off point for creating new stories.
  • Discovery bar: The new discovery bar gives you quick access to delight and common tasks, making it easy to create a new story, see stories we’ve created for you, and discover your past memories of people, places, and things.
  • Share your stories: Upload your video stories quickly to YouTube and Facebook, or share them easily via email or via OneDrive.

Power Throttling Update: Starting with Build 16193, the Task Manager column name has changed from “Background Moderated” to “Power Throttling”. For more information on Power Throttling, read this blog post here.

Power Throttling column in Task Manager

Individually controlling the volume of your UWP apps: We’ve updated the Volume Mixer to now include UWP apps (like Microsoft Edge, or Groove Music), so you can set their volume without impacting the overall system volume. Appreciate everyone who’s shared feedback requesting this, let us know what you’d like to see next! Note: UWP apps will only appear in the Volume Mixer once they start playing sound. To open the Volume Mixer, right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar.

Volume Mix controlling volume for UWP apps

• PC Reset via Settings > Update & security > Recovery works again on non-English Insider Preview builds.
  • Navigating to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen should no longer crash Settings app.
  • We fixed an issue where Settings would crash on launch for Insiders using certain display languages, including Russian, French, Polish and Korean. If you were impacted by this on Build 16188, that means you won’t be able to open Windows Update to check for updates. However, your PC will download the new build in the background. Once the build is downloaded and staged, your device should automatically restart to install it when idle and outside of your configured active hours. Or you could go to Start and Power and choose to Update and Restart to install the build.
  • We fixed the issue causing XAML designers in Visual Studio and Blend for Visual Studio to show an exception when a XAML file from a Universal Windows Platform project is opened.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in some fonts not rendering properly in Greek or other single-byte system locales such as Hebrew or Arabic.
  • We fixed an issue where the “clear all” button in Action Center wouldn’t work if a notification had been expanded.
  • You can now use Ctrl + Win + N to directly open Narrator Settings.
  • We fixed an issue where the Windows Store App Troubleshooter was erroneously showing the message “Not Fixed” instead of “Fixed” after following the steps to troubleshoot the error “Windows Store cache may be damaged”.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights that could lead to the PC no longer recognizing any USB device until the USB Root Hub had been disabled and re-enabled in Device Manager.

Known issues for PC

• Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) will fail to work on touch PC’s, showing a solid black window on launch. Non-touch enabled devices should not experience the issue. A temporary workaround if you would like to use WDAG is to go to Device Manager, expand Human Interface Devices and disable the “HID-compliant touch screen” and “Intel Precise Touch Device” if they are present. After a reboot try WDAG again. Re-enable these devices to restore touch.
  • [DEVELOPERS] The XAML designer in Visual Studio 2017 hits an error causing a squiggle error under ThemeResource references to XAML’s generic.xaml resources.
  • Outlook 2016 may hang on launch due to an issue where the spam filter gets stuck reading the Outlook Data File and the UI waits indefinitely for it to return. We’re investigating.
  • We are investigating reports that Microsoft Edge fails to open PDFs with “Couldn’t open PDF. Something is keeping this PDF from opening” error.
  • You will be unable to type in your password to log in to the Facebook, Instagram or Messenger apps. A workaround is to use the “Login with the browser” button.

Windows Server joining the Windows Insider Program

Yesterday at Build, we announced that Windows Server is joining the Windows Insider Program! Starting this summer, we will begin to post early builds of the new Windows Server features, including container-optimized Nano Server images to the Docker Hub, support for Linux containers, Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), better orchestration support and SMB storage for containers. Sign up now, get familiar with the site, and watch the Windows Server blog and the Windows Insider forums for the notice when the preview is available. For more information – see this blog post.

Community Updates

We know how much Windows Insiders love Ninjacat backgrounds. So we’ve put out a brand new one for everyone to check out to celebrate our amazing community. Download it here!

Ninjacat riding a tiger

A lot of you have been asking “What is the secret mission we left Paul O’Malley and his co-workers at the Sydney Microsoft store with?” Simple…the Windows Insiders team wants to make YOU famous! Starting right now, we have all of our retail store friends on the lookout for people who are doing cool things with tech and would like to partner closer with us. This involves things like people who help others with tech (SO many of our Insiders help their schools, neighborhoods, forums, and companies with tech decisions and problems), people who do cool Surface art on the devices in the stores, people who are teaching interesting classes, in general…people who really stand out as creative leaders in these communities.

We want to get to know you better so we’ve asked the retail folks that IF you’re comfortable with it, please send us your contact info. We want to feature you in our blogs, pull you on stage with us at conferences and showcase you for what you are – tech heroes!

If there is a Microsoft Store near you, go on in and make friends with our retail friends. Tell them we sent you. We can’t wait to get to know you better 

Keep hustling team,
Dona <3

Edited by SansVarnic
Added particulars

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

New Build for Windows 10. Build 16199

What's new:

Story Mix git updated

Story Remix is being rolled out to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring as part of A/B testing. A/B testing is a scientific method to prove the causality of a change on the observed impact. In other words, using A/B testing, we can be sure that the observed impact is caused by the change we made and not simply due to correlation or chance. As you can imagine, this is very important for us to get right when bringing new features to Windows 10. We’ve done experiments like this in the past so this shouldn’t be new to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. We should have been more clear about this up front last week when we announced Story Remix so we apologize for the confusion.

While a large majority of Windows Insiders in the Fast ring should have Story Remix right now, if you do not see it (i.e. the Create pivot or search box), this means you are part of the control group. However, If you want to live on the bleeding edge, you can send the Story Remix Team an email for instructions on getting Story Remix early.

• emoji from your pinned contacts
    my-people-emoji-flyout.png

• Notification Badging . Now you see a number of post you get on the person pinned on the task bar, as you can see above.

• Android Users! Enjoy a feature that Windows 10 Mobile users have been enjoying. Get call notifications on your desktop!

For our Insiders with Android phones, Cortana can now display cross device incoming call notifications! Install the Cortana app on your phone, go to “Settings” > “Sync notifications” and turn on all the Cortana cross-device features. The next time you receive a call, a notification will appear on your Fast ring PC telling you who it is and giving you the option to text back a reply or decline the call.

call-notif.png

The rest is more minor:

Improved Game Settings: We’ve made some improvements and adjustments that PC gamers will enjoy via Settings > Gaming and the Windows Game bar (WIN + G). Some things to check out:

• Broadcast using game-only audio: Under Settings > Gaming > Broadcasting, you can now choose “Per-app audio” to broadcast using only the game’s audio to Beam as opposed to the audio for your entire PC.
  • Audio settings is now Game DVR in Game bar: We have renamed the Audio settings page under the settings in Game bar to be Game DVR. All Game DVR settings from the general gaming settings page has been moved to be under Game DVR. Per-app audio settings is also included here as well.

Note: Windows Insiders will see a “Game Monitor” page under Settings > Gaming for potential future functionality which doesn’t do anything right now.

Other Settings Updates: One of our ongoing goals is to help make it easier for you to understand the state of your system and quickly get to the settings you need to tailor your Windows 10 experience. With that, this build brings two new features to Settings:

• Settings > System > About now integrated with System Health: The About Settings page has been simplified to be accessible to all customers. In addition to the overall UX cleanup, we have also added a health section that pulls in information from the Windows Defender Security Center so you can see your system health at a glance.
    Settings > System > About now integrated with System Health
  • Tips and Videos in Settings: To help you learn more about your options, we’re starting to add tips and videos to Settings. We’re still growing our collection, but to start with you can find them in under Settings > Ease of Access or Settings > Update & security, a handful of other areas. More content is being added all the time and we’re really hoping to get your help figuring out the best tip content for each page. If you have an idea of a tip that would help your least techie friend or family member, please provide us feedback through the feedback hub! Note: Depending on the size of the Settings window, you will find the tips either at the bottom of the page, or on the side.
    Tips and Videos in Settings

Expanding Storage Sense’s abilities: During development of the Windows 10 Creators Update, we added the ability to automatically free up space using Storage Sense. We’re continuing to grow this feature, and you can now choose to automatically clean up files that have been unchanged in your Downloads folder for 30 days. Just go to Settings > System > Storage and click on “Change how we free up space” to adjust this setting.

Automatically clean up files that have been unchanged in your Downloads folder for 30 days

Streamlining Narrator Feedback: We’ve updated Narrator so that when you press Caps Lock + E + E while Narrator is running, it will now launch the Feedback Hub.

• Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) will now work as expected on touch-enabled PCs.
  • [DEVELOPERS] The XAML designer in Visual Studio 2017 hits an error causing a squiggle error under ThemeResource references to XAML’s generic.xaml resources. Please update to the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 Preview (Version 15.3 – 26510.00) or later. If Visual Studio 2017 Preview is already installed, users can update by starting the Visual Studio Installer, and clicking the Update button. You can confirm you have the right build of Visual Studio Preview by going to Help > About to confirm you are on Version 15.3 (26510.0-Preview) or later.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in many Win32 apps not launching if certain 3rd party antivirus programs were active prior to upgrading.
  • We’ve updated Windows Defender Security Center so as to no longer flag disabled drivers as issues. We have also adjusted the health scan logic so that using maximum brightness when connected to AC power will not flag a warning. Appreciate all who shared feedback on the subject.
  • As a result of low usage, we’ve made the decision to remove the Note quick action.
  • We’re updated our migration logic so that going forward from this build the state of rotation lock will be preserved across upgrades.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in color profiles being ignored after launching certain fullscreen games.

Known issues for PC

• Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
  • Outlook 2016 may hang on launch due to an issue where the spam filter gets stuck reading the Outlook Data File and the UI waits indefinitely for it to return. We’re investigating.
  • We are investigating reports that Microsoft Edge fails to open PDFs with “Couldn’t open PDF. Something is keeping this PDF from opening” error.
  • [UPDATED] You will be unable to type in your password to log in to any UWP apps such as Netflix, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Messenger apps.
  • Games such as Civilization VI may fail to launch on this build.
  • Windows Mixed Reality won’t work on this build. If you are a developing testing and developing for Windows Mixed Reality, you will want to avoid this build. If you update this build and need Windows Mixed Reality, you will need to roll-back to Build 16193.
  • VIM is broken for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) users – we’re investigating.
  • The choice command fails when run in a Command Prompt script.

Read more: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/05/17/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16199-pc-build-15215-mobile/#M7iR3ysqM8iLq8rK.97

since i updated to build 16183 i have been having memory leaks every 2 hours after i turn on my pc. the issue still remains in build 16199. i have tried every method posted on microsoft community, superuser forums and toms hardware and ltt forum. nothing has resolved the issue. i cannot afford to format my computer as my thesis deadline is just 15 days away. please help me out.

Edit: i have 12 gb ram and my general usage never utilised more than 55%. After the memory leak it runs to about 98-99% of ram usage.

Edited by titan384
added details

What consumes the most memory?

Did you try updating all your drivers? (motherboard chipset, Ethernet, SATA controller (if not part of the chipset one), Audio, Wireless, etc.)

Do you have a security software installed?