WetRarity

RainColt

This is neat.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Well, two days in and my and one of my fish died, I'm feeling good about this, it's expected that some would die with live cycling but I'm not a bleeding heart for fish so I'm not bothered by this, it's disappointing but I'm learning, apparently I'm supposed to be changing the water pretty often, did not know that.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I'm worried about the heat of the system melting the silicon so if it doesn't seal i'm going to tear out two of the side windows and replace them with acrylic and chemically bond the sides and then silicon just as a added precaution

If I end up chemically binding the enclosure to acrylic walls I wont bother with a burn in period because it will essentially be one piece of acrylic

You could use 2 pieces of acrylic to seal the PC off. How hot do you think that it will get? If you add some vents you should be fine.

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

You could use 2 pieces of acrylic to seal the PC off. How hot do you think that it will get? If you add some vents you should be fine.

I don't want to cut the glass anymore but I'm thinking I could probably seal them vertically and cut a 120mm intake at the top, originally I was planning on having latched covers with a water resistant seal but now that I'm not cutting the glass that would trap the heat in a box and probably rise to about 30-40c. another plan is to fill the computer enclosure with mineral oil latch the top closed and have the oil be pumped into a radiator in the fish tank and hope that it passively cools the computer and heats the fishtank to appropriate temperatures.

Well, two down one to go, turns out fishtanks arn't as easy as putting water in a bowl and throwing fish in it...guess I can't half ass this part of the build but I blame the last fish standing, it was aggressive and tore up the other two, we'll see if it survives, if it does then I guess fishtanks are as easy as filling a bowl with water and throwing fish in it.

Well, two down one to go, turns out fishtanks arn't as easy as putting water in a bowl and throwing fish in it...guess I can't half ass this part of the build but I blame the last fish standing, it was aggressive and tore up the other two, we'll see if it survives, if it does then I guess fishtanks are as easy as filling a bowl with water and throwing fish in it.

O_O WTF.

Your computer case is also a fish fighting ring?

This looks cool.

Put some stronger fish! Like Magikarps and Goldeens !

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Alright so all of the fish are dead but I expected that, cycling with fish is hard on the fish. It doesn't leak so I'm committing to a colour scheme of white Blue and purple (it's called rarity for a reason) the phantex heatsink is one that I've lost the mounting hardware for and was stupid hard to mount anyways so I don't want to ever use it again. I think it looks good. Starting to get computer parts in the mail this week but it will be a slow burn to the finish.

post-1173-0-15745300-1412122005_thumb.jp

Poor fish

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Poor fish

Yeah, I felt particularly bad for the last fish because it wasn't a quick death, I think it would have been ok if it started eating again but It didn't.

Yeah, I felt particularly bad for the last fish because it wasn't a quick death, I think it would have been ok if it started eating again but It didn't.

Why don't you  just put the fish in when it is done?

Alright, So I want some input on what I should put as the back poster (the poster that you put on the back of the tank to make it look like it's under water) I could easily go with the underwater poster or I could go with something computer oriented or anything at all really so what should I use, if you can link an image and I like it I'll get a poster made and tape it on.

What's the point of having a fish tank without fish in it?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Honestly, I was hoping that the fish would take the first time, but I know that it's a step that can take up to a month to get right so I figured I'd get started on that while I wait for parts because building a computer and dealing with the cables is something that I expect to take 2-4 hours top.

What's a heatsink with out a fan, I sacraficed it for beauty but I'm ok with it.
post-1173-0-62675200-1412124219_thumb.jp

Don't forget that you have to get one of those bubbler things or the fish will die, and that no chemicals are leaking into the water that shouldn't be.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Put some piranhas.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Don't forget that you have to get one of those bubbler things or the fish will die, and that no chemicals are leaking into the water that shouldn't be.

From my research air pumps are more decoration than necessary but I do want one pushing bubbles out of the heatsink. I've been testing what I can and it should be alright, initially I had an ammonia spike but it's balanced out and nearly ideal, ph levels are fine but I don't have anything to test other chemicals.

From my research air pumps are more decoration than necessary but I do want one pushing bubbles out of the heatsink. I've been testing what I can and it should be alright, initially I had an ammonia spike but it's balanced out and nearly ideal, ph levels are fine but I don't have anything to test other chemicals.

Yay! :D BUBBLES!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Exactly, it's going to be water cooled and the radiator is going to be in the fish tank taking the place of the 100W water heater and I'm drilling a hole for the psu fan intake which will exhaust into the tank and be exhausted out with a blower style gpu

the fins of the rad will probably get clogged with algae/bacteria if its in the fish tank with the fish if you do the watercooling thing.

the mineral oil idea is really great though... :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Love the look of that heatsink man!! loving this

NEED MOAR

Current Build: Desk

My case is my most expensive part

Its Almost 2015 and I don't have an SSD