WetRarity

RainColt

Whatcha gonna use it for? Bragging rights or... The coolest guest PC?

LOL the coolest guest PC, thats so phunny i actually laughed

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

One of the difficult things to work around is the weight of the water, it's a 30 gallon tank with about 10 gallons separated but that still leaves about 20 gallons of water. 1 Gallon = 3.79 litres thus 75.8 litres of water, water weights about 1kg per litre, so it weighs 75.8 kg or 162 pounds, it has the weight of a small adult pressing up against it so it was difficult to find a shape that I felt comfortable holding that much weight and that would also fit the parts in as compact a space as I could fit it in. I suspect I won't be taking this computer to any LANs.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

One of the difficult things to work around is the weight of the water, it's a 30 gallon tank with about 10 gallons separated but that still leaves about 20 gallons of water. 1 Gallon = 3.79 litres thus 75.8 litres of water, water weights about 1kg per litre, so it weighs 75.8 kg or 162 pounds, it has the weight of a small adult pressing up against it so it was difficult to find a shape that I felt comfortable holding that much weight and that would also fit the parts in as compact a space as I could fit it in. I suspect I won't be taking this computer to any LANs.

You could take it to lans, you'd just need a forklift or a small crane or even better a engine hoist. My 900D weighs around 100 pounds.

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

:o Thats crazy. My computer weighs 30 20KG

Steve

The name of the build is so naughty xD

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

The name of the build is so naughty xD

haha, It's really not.

post-1173-0-54744200-1413090138.gif

Yeah i know who she is but vinyl is the best pony /)

Best background pony, maybe if it wasn't Tavi who is bestpony.

Best background pony, maybe if it wasn't Tavi who is bestpony.

Why not both so fun can be doubled? :D

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Why not both so fun can be doubled? :D

TaviScratch is best background pony

Please don't put fish in there....

Why not? They are in a separate compartment so there is no problem and they will look super cool! Without fish, this would be a mediocre oil cooled build, but with them it is on a whole new level.

Why not? They are in a separate compartment so there is no problem and they will look super cool! Without fish, this would be a mediocre oil cooled build, but with them it is on a whole new level.

I'm just not comfortable with risking the lives of animals(no matter how small they are) just because it will look cool(but I do admit it would look really fukn awesome).

I'm just not comfortable with risking the lives of animals(no matter how small they are) just because it will look cool(but I do admit it would look really fukn awesome).

I personally don't really care about the lives of animals, i wouldn't just randomly kill them, but I am perfectly fine if they are used for something (like this [or other decoration], pets, or food)

I personally don't really care about the lives of animals, i wouldn't just randomly kill them, but I am perfectly fine if they are used for something (like this [or other decoration], pets, or food)

k then..... 

The risk is about as high as a regular aquarium, I've done all the testing and am currently keeping the tank ecosystem stable with a protein/bacterial additive so that it will remain ideal for fish when I do add fish again.

:o Thats crazy. My computer weighs 30 20KG

Mine probably weighs less than or right about 10KG. :o

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Well, I haven't made an update in a while because I'm still waiting on parts for my PSU to arrive and I still need to find it in my budget to buy budget parts so here's a quick fitting of the PSU plugged in.

post-1173-0-21973400-1413234938_thumb.jp

As you can see I didn't really account for the added length the power cord would add so now I have to find a work around. Any one know of a right angle power cord I can buy(preferably white)?

Alright, so after scouring the internet for a white right angle power cord and coming up with nothing it dawned on me "Why buy something you can make yourself?". So I took my little cousins inhaler that he wasn't using at the time and re purposed it as a right angle connector, since the mouth part of the inhaler and the plug-in part of the cord are about the same size all I had to do was use the vice grips to force it in there and The handyman secret weapon to keep it in there, now all I have to do is spray paint it white and nobody will be able to tell the difference.

post-1173-0-94009200-1413240498_thumb.jp

and don't worry about my cousin, if he needs his inhaler when he gets back from his soccer game he can just run up the hill to the walk in clinic and get one for free.
So remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.

Alright so after scouring the internet for a white right angle power cord and coming up with nothing it dawned on me "Yhy buy something you can make yourself?". So I took my little cousins inhaler that he wasn't using at the time and re purposed it as a right angle connector, since the mouth part of the inhaler and the plug-in part of the cord are about the same size all I had to do was use the vice grips to for it in there and The handyman secret weapon to keep it in there, now all I have to do is spray paint it white and nobody will be able to tell the difference.

and don't worry about my cousin, if he needs his inhaler when he get back from his soccer game he can just run up the hill to the walk in clinic and get one for free.

So remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.

Bloody brillinat Macgyver would be proud xD

-snip-

that inhaler definitely increases your computers air flow, am i right?

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

Subbed. Can't wait to see the results of this.

Well, it's almost done, all I need to do is throw a processor in there(stock heatsink), plug in a graphics card and fill it with oil, but obviously I'm not going to settle for the bare minimum and have alot of painting to do.

And wahlah, you can barely even tell...but in all seriousness I'm still looking for a white right angle power cord.

post-1173-0-03489800-1413267104_thumb.jp