WetRarity

RainColt

Heres an all black one from newegg. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812196484

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

Heres an all black one from newegg. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812196484

Could paint that

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Could paint that

My hope is that being stuck in the right angle will force my current cord into a right angle but if it doesn't I guess I'll just have to scrap the solid gold heatsink idea and get one of these White right angle power cords with a wall adapter.

I've already planned to compromise with a black end. And I don't like the idea of compromise.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Well, it's almost done, all I need to do is throw a processor in there(stock heatsink), plug in a graphics card and fill it with oil, but obviously I'm not going to settle for the bare minimum and have alot of painting to do.

OC it to max and have benchmarks before and after you fill it with oil

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Have you done anything more awesome to your build? I love checking on it every morning in school :D

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

Have you done anything more awesome to your build? I love checking on it every morning in school :D

Unfortunately I am about 300km from it for the next month and will only be home for about a total of 7 days from now till February, I got a new job but that also means that my budget has jumped from 250$ to whatever I want so expect this to be a high end oil cooled pc. Moving was a little expensive so my first paycheck goes to paying my self back but my second paycheck will be going to spray paint and computer parts.

OC it to max and have benchmarks before and after you fill it with oil

I now plan on building a solid gaming rig so yeah I will get air and oil temps for you.

• 5 weeks later...

The white matte spray paint was too easy to scuff so I decided to give it a clear coat of automotive spray paint and the white paint seems to be rejecting it.post-1173-0-09202400-1416602758_thumb.jp

The white matte spray paint was too easy to scuff so I decided to give it a clear coat of automotive spray paint and the white paint seems to be rejecting it.attachicon.gifDSC_0020.JPG

Best way to fix that is to strip it and repaint. I had that problem when i painted my car. Your surface was not clean enough more than likely.

Blarg

I don't know if the CPU cooler is stainless. But I know that corrosion is bad for fish. 

But nevertheless it is a neat build D: 

It's almost certainly aluminum

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I don't know if the CPU cooler is stainless. But I know that corrosion is bad for fish. 

But nevertheless it is a neat build D: 

Yup we've already learned that the heatsink wont stay but the fan will.

Best way to fix that is to strip it and repaint. I had that problem when i painted my car. Your surface was not clean enough more than likely.

I really don't have the time for that, I'm home for less than 2 days and I think this will have to be a compromise, I'll just start slapping stickers on it to cover the imperfections.

Speaking of slapping stickers on it, i decided to try slapping stickers on itpost-1173-0-51773100-1416616717_thumb.jp

Now that I can afford to, I've decided to pull the parts from my current computer and paint them when I put them under oil

Subbed.

Feeshes

PeeCees

Meeneeral eels

WoW

Doge Approved 

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I am canceling this build. When I originally started this idea I focused on the wrong thing and that was the aesthetic and fitting of parts, I wanted to have dimensions which is why I have the weirdly shaped partition but that led to the problem of not being able to make the lid that I wanted to, due to the properties of acrylic and the tools that I had I was unable to make a lid that had the structural integrity to support the components I also didn't have any budget and had to me compromises on the parts I chose and while it was fun to do I don't think that spending 50$ on cables for that PSU is worth it, So Im scrapping this build...but not this project, I now have the tools I need to properly and accurately cut acrylic, I now have the resources to purchase parts without compromise and design the case to those specs, I now have experience with everything that it takes to make this project and I will have 3 weeks free with all of this, I will be redoing everything In WetRarity V1.1

That's two things that you promised us then didn't deliver. This build and the desk thing.

That's two things that you promised us then didn't deliver. This build and the desk thing.

You want the 24 hour desk thing then fine I'll shit that out in 2 hours.

Edit: Also Boohoo, I ended up getting a job that had me move away from my house with all my computer parts after committing to a build log on an internet forum, how fucking dare I have a life outside of LTT that gets in the way of me committing my time to a hobby.

Lol, get angry

"Aww, some guy on the internet had something come up and didn't follow through"

get over it

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Lol, get angry

"Aww, some guy on the internet had something come up and didn't follow through"

get over it

I'm sorry about getting angry, I'm just pretty sure that this kids been badgering me about this since 2 months ago, and I don't understand why he feels so entitled.

I am canceling this build. When I originally started this idea I focused on the wrong thing and that was the aesthetic and fitting of parts, I wanted to have dimensions which is why I have the weirdly shaped partition but that led to the problem of not being able to make the lid that I wanted to, due to the properties of acrylic and the tools that I had I was unable to make a lid that had the structural integrity to support the components I also didn't have any budget and had to me compromises on the parts I chose and while it was fun to do I don't think that spending 50$ on cables for that PSU is worth it, So Im scrapping this build...but not this project, I now have the tools I need to properly and accurately cut acrylic, I now have the resources to purchase parts without compromise and design the case to those specs, I now have experience with everything that it takes to make this project and I will have 3 weeks free with all of this, I will be redoing everything In WetRarity V1.1

just saw this thread. read the entire thing, every post. just seeing what you done so far to it was amazing. loved all the humor in your posts. 

cant wait to see v1.1. v2.0 better be a dual cpu, or dual pc or something crazy. cant wait! and the best of luck. I guess the hardest part will be keeping the temps constant or correct in the tank. maybe find fish that need a high temp, and just keep a compontent under load to maintain that temp? well. either way, best of luck

I'm sorry about getting angry, I'm just pretty sure that this kids been badgering me about this since 2 months ago, and I don't understand why he feels so entitled.

I don't care that you're angry, that does matter. Other dude needs to keep it in his pants lol

So the build will be continuing, just at a later date.

That's good, I really liked the ideas behind this build  :)

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

So the build will be continuing, just at a later date.

That's good, I really liked the ideas behind this build  :)

Yup, I just went out and bought all the supply's Ithat I need to do this right.

Yay! If you make a new thread tag me in it please.