Intel Core m Broadwell Benchmark Shows Better Graphics than AMD – Pictures

nokturrduk84

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I expected this considering Broadwell is 40% better then haswell iris pro but iros pro 5200 is not too far behind an a8 7600.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Intel > AMD all day every day.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Dat info in the OP tho...

Also... Yay Intel! :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Intel > AMD all day every day.

More importantly, Intel > ARM even in the low-power market.

In short,

Intel 

Wwt7HLM.jpg

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

There are rules against just posting a link or copy pasting an article. You need to supply your own input on the topic.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Most importantly, they say this:

Finally, we have some numbers from Futuremark’s 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited benchmark. The Broadwell tablet’s score of 50,985 is, again, much higher than we’ve seen from other ultra-mobile platforms, whether they’re based on ARM, AMD, or Intel tech.  In fact, Intel was quick to point out that the score is over 2X that of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 series high end chip. For an additional reference point, it also appears, at least this version of the new Core M processor, is faster than NVIDIA's Tegra K1 processor in the new SHIELD Tablet we recently tested here. A total IceStorm in excess of 50K is significantly faster in fact, where Tegra K1 current drops in at a little over 31K. We'll of course reserve final judgment until we have the hardware in our own test labs for a thorough evaluation.

http://hothardware.com/News/First-Actual-Intel-Broadwell-Tablet-Benchmarks-From-IDF-2014/

50k in 3D mark, vs Tegra K1's 31k, impressive result. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Here my problem.

It's all nice and neat to have high benchmark numbers BUT

-> Intel has a reputation of cheating in benchmarks, by not drawing things or cutting polygons that won't be noticeable

-> Intel drivers are at best, piss poor quality. Extremely buggy. And I am being nice./

-> Intel graphic solution of today are still no Full DirectX and OpenGL support, despite Intel claims. When games will stop crashing with DirectX and OpenGL API unsupported errors, then we will talk.

So you can show me GeForce GTX 980 level performance in benchmark, and it would be 0 to me. I would gladly purchase an Nvidia or AMD graphic solution.

Here my problem.

It's all nice and neat to have high benchmark numbers BUT

-> Intel has a reputation of cheating in benchmarks, by not drawing things or cutting polygons not visible or noticeable

-> Intel drivers are at best, piss poor quality. Extremely buggy. And I am being nice./

-> Intel graphic solution of today are still no Full DirectX and OpenGL support, despite Intel claims. When games will stop crashing with DirectX and OpenGL API unsupported errors, then we will talk.

So you can show me GeForce GTX 980 level performance in benchmark, and it would be 0 to me. I would gladly purchase an Nvidia or AMD graphic solution.

Not drawing polygons which are invisible is called occlusion culling and is something EVERY video game engine should do.

I'm sorry but I've run Civ 5 and Photoshop on Iris 5200 with the new driver and I have 0 issues.

You're full of crap. The only time people have DX troubles on Intel's CPUs are times video games are using exotic libraries or the computer is running an older version of DX with since-then deprecated methods.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I doubt AMD is going to let intel win on the graphics side for long, watch next APU AMD releases the graphics are going to at LEAST beat broadwells

Not drawing polygons which are invisible is called occlusion culling and is something EVERY video game engine should do.

No. I mean: lets say you have a ship with 60,000 polygone, you use an algorithm which engages when you run the benchmark, which draws 50,0000 polygons.

Also, you are incorrect. It's not the video game engine that does this, it's the GPU drivers, or GPU itself (depending on which period of time we are talking about, and if it's a "games optimization" or not.)

I'm sorry but I've run Civ 5 and Photoshop on Iris 5200 with the new driver and I have 0 issues.

Sorry, but Cuv 5 crashes all the time. I have it. You need to play the game at minimum settings to avoid the DirectX 11 API unsupported error.

As for Photoshop, you can see users with problems, having to disable hardware accelerated features.

You're full of crap. The only time people have DX troubles on Intel's CPUs are times video games are using exotic libraries or the computer is running an older version of DX with since-then deprecated methods.

Everything that Intel graphics doesn't support is exotic to you. Ok.

Next time, don't push "We really have FULL DirectX support, this time. Please believe us! Look look we PROMISE OpenCL support... coming soon... not now.. but soon..."... 3 gen of GPUs later "Oh yea, here are crap OpenCL support with piss poor performance, and some programs crashes... But we have OpenCL!!!"

And don't come on stage claiming you have great visuals with great performance and clearly use a video played in VLC.

Wait, so how does this compare against the A10 7850k?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

More importantly, Intel > ARM even in the low-power market.

Did you see the size of that SoC? ARM SoCs are around 1/20th of that.

Can we please not start a Wintel vs ARM argument here? Please?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No. I mean: lets say you have a ship with 60,000 polygone, you use an algorithm which engages when you run the benchmark, which draws 50,0000 polygons.

Also, you are incorrect. It's not the video game engine that does this, it's the GPU drivers, or GPU itself (depending on which period of time we are talking about, and if it's a "games optimization" or not.)

Sorry, but Cuv 5 crashes all the time. I have it. You need to play the game at minimum settings to avoid the DirectX 11 API unsupported error.

As for Photoshop, you can see users with problems, having to disable hardware accelerated features.

Everything that Intel graphics doesn't support is exotic to you. Ok.

Next time, don't push "We really have FULL DirectX support, this time. Please believe us! Look look we PROMISE OpenCL support... coming soon... not now.. but soon..."... 3 gen of GPUs later "Oh yea, here are crap OpenCL support with piss poor performance, and some programs crashes... But we have OpenCL!!!"

And don't come on stage claiming you have great visuals with great performance and clearly use a video played in VLC.

wow O.o that video