Win11 - Top task bar.

Ekows10
Go to solution Solved by Murasaki,

My new PC is being shipped with Win11.  Checking up on it MS seems to not want me to have the task bar at the top of my screen. Seems the only way is 3d party programs.

But if I just randomly search for programs on google I'm going to get some crypto minning key logging add tastitc pile of poo.

Basicly I've lost trust in the internet.

Where can I go and search for programs that aren't going to infect me with a million bits of mal ware?

1. Open Regedit. You can get there by typing "regedit" into the Run menu (Windows + R) or searching for "regedit." Say yes if prompted to confirm.

2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3.

3. Open the Settings key

4. Change the fifth value in the second row from "03" to "01." Do this by deleting the 03 and then typing 01. Click Ok.

5. If you are using multiple monitors and want the taskbars on those screens to also be on top, you should change the same values to 01 for all registry keys in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MMStuckRects3 folder. If you don't have multiple monitors, this folder won't exist.

6. Close Regedit.

7. Launch the command prompt in administrative mode.

8. Stop and restart the explorer.exe process by entering taskkill /f /im explorer.exe and hitting Enter followed by start explorer.exe.

Brillient. Thanks to you both I'll give the startallback a go and if that doesn't work I'll go regedit diving.

Cheeres.