Computer that put up with the most abuse?

vt3c

any of them where i work, the one i use most has the air vent compleatly covered with dust, no airflow their. one of the got so bad that it kept rebooting because it would hit the thermal limit at idle, so i offered to clean all the computers for free, and my boss has no trust in the workers so that didn't happen. the one i use most has piping hot air coming out of the exhaust the second it's turned on so i think mine is next to go

and it's not dust, mostly pop-corn grease. [i work concessions at the movies]

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Dem scratches and dents tho

The ones that I do not have....you can see it in the review I did in the "members review" section, there is one scratch on the top where I dropped my airsoft pistol on it ><

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't have it anymore, but it was an old Packard Bell lap top my mother got in 2002. It survived my childhood idiocy and being dropped down the stairs multiple of times. It actually still worked until we got rid of it, only took 5 minutes to boot up. 

My desktop also takes 5 minutes to boot. :(

I spilled lemonade all over my powered on MacBook Air once. (Bring on the hate)

It still works.

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

HP Pavilion Slimline s7520la

Pentium M 1.7Ghz

2Gb DDR2

250Gb HDD

Bought it at Sam's Club in late 2006 for like $900. My past rig broke and I got it in a hurry as I needed to finish some college work. I put it through several Windows XP and Ubuntu installs, I frequently hit it in frustration when things got slow and it had to bear the extreme temperatures of my city (40°C in summer) while running the entire day. Stopped using it about 3 years ago; a few months ago I plugged it in to get a couple things out of its HDD and suddenly the onboard graphics died. It had a good run, I have fond memories of it.

OP, can I have your LightScribe ODD?

Mine would be the Pentium-PC. Built in 2004, had a Prescott P4 @ 2.8 GHz, Asus P4P800 board, 1 GB RAM, and a crappy 400W PSU (wasn't even 80+). Well, my dad overclocked it. He doesn't remember how many GHz he got, or how long it lasted. Anyway, some time later he pulled it back to 2.8 GHz. Ah yes, forgot the graphics card. It was a Club3D 9600 Pro with 128MB RAM. I've actually played pretty new games on it, I think I even tried Portal 2 once. Man, that was a lot of work for these old parts.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

1. This little beauty:

dell%20inspiron%201100.jpg

It actually survived 9 years of service with no changes done to it. Apart from the battery that lasted no longer then 30 - 40 minutes of usage and the plastic all over the case that scratched easily, it was really a very solid laptop.

During all this time it survived:

- Numerous trips and flights 

- Accidental spills and even left out in the rain

- Overclocking challenges (yes it was one of the models that allowed bit of OC)

Can say I miss the build quality of older Dells, having played with this for such a long time. I also had an Acer (the "awesome" Ferrari series).. Besides the good looks and the Ferarri start screen, this thing felt apart just one year after I used it. (No bad intended to other Acer models, just a personal experience).

2. My very first desktop PC. Ran on an AMD K5 CPU, with S3 Virge GPU and 16 Mb of RAM. 

This "beast" survived:

- All versions of Windows (since 3.0 to Windows 2000) including DOS

- Early versions of Linux (anyone remember RedHat 2?) until Debian 5 (last one to support it oficially). Damaged the boot sequence so many times learning to install it  :D (still the HDD was ok)

- 24/24 FTP server for accessing files remotely

- Played all sort of demanding games that took the GPU and CPU temps to the roof (mind you the K5 was not such a power hungry CPU). Yes, this PC actually played Thief I/II, Duke Nukem 3D and Doom series (until Doom 3). All I ever needed to run on it  :D

The power supply actually died 4 years ago mostly because I stopped using it. 

well our first PC didn't survive past 6years because two people including me used it non stop for 12+hours each day and I mostly played games and the Overclocked xfx 9500gt and its crappy fan gave up on me and burned out lol while the foolish sibling cleaned the motherboard with plastic brush inspite of him being an IT grad GG 

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I had a Compaq presario cq56. I used it for multiple hours a day for an entire year at school, dropped it multiple times, ran games on it (it's a celeron with integrated graphics) and up until last year the thing hadn't missed a beat. The problem, CPU fan failure. The solution, put it into my sister's identical machine which had been used a fair bit as well, and had lemonade spilt on it while plugged in and powered on. Worked flawlessly. It was a horrible machine, don' get me wrong, but it works still to this day

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

The desktop I use daily from lenovo managed to work even after (when I was learning computers inside and out) I took the CPU cooler off wondering what it was. Basically, I didn't put thermal paste on after doing that so it sorta ran without thermal paste for awhile. I also drove the sh*tty PSU into the ground. Ran in off of a laptop drive until the thing gave up (which isn't good for the computer mind you). 

Also, I've milked this cow many times, but I have dropped the processor (ironically putting thermal paste on the CPU...). Still works.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

My daily driver, a white MacBook from 2006:

-coffee spilled on the keyboard (twice!)

-a drop from the top of a bunk bed, had to replace the screen, as it shattered

-a swollen abttery that cut off power to the trackpad it got so huge

-two RAM sticks did, and now runs on one 2GB stick

-the original 80GB HDD fell DOWN THE STAIRS while transferring it, and continued to work until I got a new 320GB one last year

-two large cracks down the bottom of the case, above the hinge on the back of the top section (under the Apple logo)

-Has the bottom-left portion of the top case (where the kayboard is) missing a chunk- the metal underneath is exposed

-Actually ran a MONTH without any thermal paste... wasn't a great idea in hindsight

-And has been dropped on a smaller scale many times since then.

I win.

Still works 100%

I <3 Apple

There's only one PC I ever abused, but only after putting up with its abuse. :P

It was a long lasting relationship

One that required 6 years of patience,

Having an E5300 for 6 years

Simply caused too many frustrations

I tried everything I could think of

but it just wasn't good enough for gaming,

Attempting to play Battlefield, Witcher, and more...

Caused me an endless amount of maiming

I asked myself, "How did this happen"?

I thought I truly didn't deserve this,

It killed me, time and time again...

and threw me into the ultimate oceanic abyss

After so much pain and suffering

I finally decided to get a 4670k,

There I was, at my computer when I realized...

I could finally play.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Dell optiplex -forgot the number. It was so slow and pissed me off I used it as a leg rest, drink placement, and something to hit with my foot to satisfy waiting too long.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

My first custom pc, AMD A10 6790k Overclocked to 4.9 GHz on the stock cooler at 7000rpm. Running 24/7. Strapped to my bike to take to LAN parties, dropped, luckily the HDD was perfectly fine as it was isolated. Was pretty good tho! (It was a desktop)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

My Thinkpad T420, I've been use it for years still works fine.

022311_lenovo_thinkpad_t420_t.jpg

The one I have now. I like to overclock a lot and have found myself at times sitting my i5 2500k @5GHzWatermelons at 1.512v. EXTREMELY HIGH VOLTAGE but thankfully i'm on watercooling so as to not completely bone my processor. Wouldn't recommend it at that high of a voltage. Speaking of OC'ing, I do my damndest to try and get my Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 at 1200mhz stable on +200mv but alas, the VRM gets hot enough to crash the system before the core even has a chance to reach 94c and throttle. I put my computer through a lot of shit. Hell, it survived a 9 hour road trip to Florida in the backseat of my internet buddy's car. If anyone has an NZXT Phantom 630 case then you know how ridiculous it is to fit that in the backseat of a car for 9 hours along with 3 monitors, another gaming PC, and a lot of other things. It's also good to note that one day I was being stupid while reapplying thermal paste to my 290 that it wound up falling off of my desk, bouncing off of my lap, and hitting the leg of my chair dead center on the back side of the PCB then landing on carpet. It's still alive and still kicking but i'd be lying if I didn't nearly have a heart attack. I'm rough with my things but it's all in the name of pushing it to the limits.

My first custom pc, AMD A10 6790k Overclocked to 4.9 GHz on the stock cooler at 7000rpm. Running 24/7. Strapped to my bike to take to LAN parties, dropped, luckily the HDD was perfectly fine as it was isolated. Was pretty good tho! (It was a desktop)

A10 overclocked to 4.9 GHz on the stock AMD cooler?! HOLY SHIT!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I had a PC from... year 2000!!! My parents bought it for 1000LV (old Latvian currency, we now have euros, if you want to check the euro price google LVL to EUR) it was baus, I still used it to this year. I played Minecraft and San Andreas (witch I still do, becouse modern games suck) and I could squeeze out 30+ FPS!

My macbook pro, i must have dropped it 10 times and spilled on it 20 before it finally died

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

probably my current laptop. I've purposely tried breaking her by "accidentally" tripping over and knocking her on the floor, taking her on road trips, leaving her in the rain for a short while (that was an accident, she wasn't out for long). she's got scrapes, broken bits of plastic housing on her, a worn out trackpad and the caps lock LED died long ago, but still she (frustratingly) soldiers on. Toshitba has served me well, which is something I never thought I would say, but she really needs to be put down soon, otherwise I may have to reward her with a slight upgrade (SSD, more RAM)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

A10 overclocked to 4.9 GHz on the stock AMD cooler?! HOLY SHIT!

Yah    it was fine though because i knew I was going to upgrade to the system I have now.   (dont OC that much on a stock cooler btw. Horrible temps, Tiny lifespan, and the absolute loudest thing you will hear in your life).

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

probably my current laptop. I've purposely tried breaking her by "accidentally" tripping over and knocking her on the floor, taking her on road trips, leaving her in the rain for a short while (that was an accident, she wasn't out for long). she's got scrapes, broken bits of plastic housing on her, a worn out trackpad and the caps lock LED died long ago, but still she (frustratingly) soldiers on. Toshitba has served me well, which is something I never thought I would say, but she really needs to be put down soon, otherwise I may have to reward her with a slight upgrade (SSD, more RAM)

Toshitba....the best thing I have heard all day... Thank you!

I have that kind of desktop but it has a slower cpu and a few upgrades, replaced the hdd, and optical drive. Still works but since it's XP and a single core, it's time to go since it's almost 9 or 10 years old.

My old HP g6-1d26dx it had an AMD A4 1.9ghz DUALCORE! 4GB of 1333mhz ddr3, 320gb 5400rpm hdd and integrated graphics  :( I used to run Virtual Machines on it , Until it died after me dropping it, and the CPU would be at 100% load xD

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ