Salaries paid in bitcoin a growing trend in Canada

Builder

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/salaries-paid-in-bitcoin-a-growing-trend-in-canada-1.2752441

"A small but growing — and surprising — number of workers are rejecting Canadian dollar salaries for bitcoin, according to a Waterloo, Ont., payroll firm.

Wagepoint CEO Shrad Rao said his firm came up with the cryptocurrency payment option in November last year as a side project and did not expect any take-up.

But as the online currency gained popularity this year, he said, employees from 10 firms have signed up for the bitcoin option, and many more are asking about it.

'When we started off, we didn't even think we'll get one,' he said over the phone from New York, where Wagepoint has another office.

'What's interesting is that we've actually had customers come to us because of the [bitcoin] integration, which we were not expecting at all.'"

I still don't think Bitcoin is going to have any significant traction over USD.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

lol government doesn't accept it as a currency yet they ask for the taxes to be paid :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

bitcoins are worth money the USD is only worth the cotton its made off since the country that is supposed to give it value will not stop going into massive debt...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

bitcoins are worth money the USD is only worth the cotton its made off since the country that is supposed to give it value will not stop going into massive debt...

I thought you were from Sweden. Please tell me you're not an Austrian economist?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I thought you were from Sweden. Please tell me you're not an Austrian economist?

I am not, im Swedish and as such superior in everything :)

Dont worry. The USD will crash within our life times. Once china and other countries that buy US bonds realise that they can never pay it back the USD is finished. It is literally a ponzi scheme.

And Bitcoins are just as useless and worthless. The only real step forwards is gold and silver.

Dont worry. The USD will crash within our life times. Once china and other countries that buy US bonds realise that they can never pay it back the USD is finished. It is literally a ponzi scheme.

And Bitcoins are just as useless and worthless. The only real step forwards is gold and silver.

true about he bitcoins and MUCH more true about the other point, which is another reason the US will NOT interfere with troops against russia btw, since then china will join Russia and stop buying those bonds :)

I am not, im Swedish and as such superior in everything :)

So you just assume that debt is bad? How else are we supposed to come out of a recession?

Do you have any evidence for this or are you just spouting baseless nonsense?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Our dollar is crap anyways.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Not really how it works. The U.S. is still technically the worlds richest country as it has the most Gold. Gold is supposed to be represented in value by the paper money but since there are no repercussions to just printing money whilly nilly and going into debt. The U.S. government does so.

why bitcoin? , why not in maple syrup?

Details separate people.

why bitcoin? , why not in maple syrup?

Maple syrup is far more valuable!!
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Maple syrup is far more valuable!!

touche..

Details separate people.

Not really how it works. The U.S. is still technically the worlds richest country as it has the most Gold. Gold is supposed to be represented in value by the paper money but since there are no repercussions to just printing money whilly nilly and going into debt. The U.S. government does so.

The debt says otherwise.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

So you just assume that debt is bad? How else are we supposed to come out of a recession?

Do you have any evidence for this or are you just spouting baseless nonsense?

Look up how the federal reserve keeps printing money for Quantative Easing. They sell bonds to pay off the last set of bonds they sold. It is a ever growing debt that is impossible to pay off.

Look up how the federal reserve keeps printing money. They sell bonds to pay off the last set of bonds they sold. It is a ever growing debt that is impossible to pay off.

What do you suggest as an alternative?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The most gold? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

It is going to take them 8 years to give Germany their gold. How can it take that long if they have such a abundance of it? Is there any proof that they have the ammount of gold they say they have?

What do you suggest as an alternative?

Let the USD crash. The longer you put it off using QE the worse its going to be when it finally happens.

Let the USD crash. The longer you put it off using QE the worse its going to be when it finally happens.

I'll phone you 40 years from now and we can discuss what happened.

The world runs on debt by the way. Sort of unavoidable in a capitalist system.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The debt says otherwise.

Not really, The U.S. government has been in debt for a long time but almost every other country is as well. With no one actually collecting the debt there aren't any consequences. If there were the U.S. would be more careful on what they spent.

I'll phone you 40 years from now and we can discuss what happened.

The world runs on debt by the way. Sort of unavoidable in a capitalist system.

No it doesnt. It runs on the faith and confidence that people have in fiat currency.

You cant create huge debt without people to borrow money from. Nobody is going to lend you money (buy your bonds) if they are not confident that you are going to pay it back.

No it doesnt. It runs on the faith and confidence that people have in fiat currency.

You're one of those gold standard people, aren't you?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The most gold? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

It is going to take them 8 years to give Germany their gold. How can it take that long if they have such a abundance of it? Is there any proof that they have the ammount of gold they say they have?

http://www.businessinsider.com/countries-with-largest-gold-reserves-2013-12?op=1

The U.S. has 8,000 tons of Gold(used to be 10,000 Tons) which is more than any other country.

http://www.businessinsider.com/countries-with-largest-gold-reserves-2013-12?op=1

The U.S. has 8,000 tons of Gold(used to be 10,000 Tons) which is more than any other country.

That is what they report. There has been no third party audit or verification of the gold.

That is what they report. There has been no third party audit or verification of the gold.

Why would there need to be... No country trades gold. Every country pretty much has kept the same solidified amount for decades. Everything is based on fake arbitrary money that has a determinate value. It's basically all pretend. There is no real-world value to the paper money we trade. We just pretend it's representative of the gold our country had. Which it no longer is.