Salaries paid in bitcoin a growing trend in Canada

Builder

bitcoins are worth money the USD is only worth the cotton its made off since the country that is supposed to give it value will not stop going into massive debt...

Indeed. The left doesn't really understand economics, to them the ability to print money is a way out of everything it seems.

Dont worry. The USD will crash within our life times. Once china and other countries that buy US bonds realise that they can never pay it back the USD is finished. It is literally a ponzi scheme.

And Bitcoins are just as useless and worthless. The only real step forwards is gold and silver.

I don't mind bitcoin, but we do need to return to the gold standard.

I like this trend, I hope it continues and that the governments lose their minds because they can't tax it since they can't control it. SOOO looking forward to the day when people realize we don't need huge governments to run things, just a strong military to prevent invasions and a decent hard working police force to stop the criminals.

You're one of those gold standard people, aren't you?

You mean one of those people that understands economics? Probably. Fiat currency is a ponzi scheme.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Indeed. The left doesn't really understand economics, to them the ability to print money is a way out of everything it seems. Actually most people on the left share Keynesian economics, which is the accepted theory of economics by economists the world over.

I don't mind bitcoin, but we do need to return to the gold standard. That's a terrible idea. Do you understand what inflation is?

I like this trend, I hope it continues and that the governments lose their minds because they can't tax it since they can't control it. SOOO looking forward to the day when people realize we don't need huge governments to run things, just a strong military to prevent invasions and a decent hard working police force to stop the criminals. Funny joke. And how do you propose any of that would get done without a government?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Indeed. The left doesn't really understand economics, to them the ability to print money is a way out of everything it seems. Actually most people on the left share Keynesian economics, which is the accepted theory of economics by economists the world over.

I don't mind bitcoin, but we do need to return to the gold standard. That's a terrible idea. Do you understand what inflation is?

I like this trend, I hope it continues and that the governments lose their minds because they can't tax it since they can't control it. SOOO looking forward to the day when people realize we don't need huge governments to run things, just a strong military to prevent invasions and a decent hard working police force to stop the criminals. Funny joke. And how do you propose any of that would get done without a government?

Small local governments, the way it was meant to be run. We don't need a ridiculous amount of federal agencies controlling everything, spending billions a year. Did you even watch the video?

Here's another good one

Small local governments, the way it was meant to be run. We don't need a ridiculous amount of federal agencies controlling everything, spending billions a year. Did you even watch the video?

The video does not deserved to be watched, nor does anything with such a sensationalist name.

If you watched a bunch of YouTube videos and think you understand economics now, you're sorely mistaken.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The video does not deserved to be watched, nor does anything with such a sensationalist name.

If you watched a bunch of YouTube videos and think you understand economics now, you're sorely mistaken.

As opposed to someone who thinks you get out of financial trouble....by spending more money than you have.... right. Try actually watching and learning instead of embracing your ignorance by simply insulting something and pretending like it's crap.

Fiat currency has no value other than what is placed upon it. Whereas a currency based on an actual exchange for something (gold) has a value that can be accurately determined, i.e. "I will give you x dollars for x amount of gold". Whereas fiat currency is "I will give you x dollars for......."

As opposed to someone who thinks you get out of financial trouble....by spending more money than you have.... right.

The fact that you put it that way shows you don't know what you're talking about.

And actually even from an individual standpoint micro loaning has been shown to decrease poverty greatly.

For governments, it's even more effective. Right now, the rate of inflation is higher than the interest rate on bonds. Essentially what this means is that by the time we pay bonds back, we're cutting a profit on the money we borrowed.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The fact that you put it that way shows you don't know what you're talking about.

And actually even from an individual standpoint micro loaning has been shown to decrease poverty greatly.

For governments, it's even more effective. Right now, the rate of inflation is higher than the interest rate on bonds. Essentially what this means is that by the time we pay bonds back, we're cutting a profit on the money we borrowed.

Except that we never pay the bonds back, we only pay the interest on the bonds, which is why the debt continues to grow year after year after year. We pay only the interest we owe on the debt because that technically keeps us from defaulting.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Considering there's not a lot of people using it (from what I got from the article; they should at least give some numbers?), I'm not sure "growing trend" might be the best title... 

Can't help but think about this http://xkcd.com/1102/ ...

Well, I guess it will help reinforce the fact that Bitcoin/crypto-currencies are here to stay. Not that I'd personally like to be paid in Bitcoin for now... 

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4,6Ghz; Asus X99 Deluxe; GSkill Ripjaws 4 (4x4) 2400Mhz; MSi GTX 980 Reference @ 1.4Ghz; CM V700; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Windows 8.1 Pro

Dont worry. The USD will crash within our life times. Once china and other countries that buy US bonds realise that they can never pay it back the USD is finished. It is literally a ponzi scheme.

And Bitcoins are just as useless and worthless. The only real step forwards is gold and silver.

one of the big reasons i want to get out of the US and into a better country, even if it is a little better. Unless things start to change (still gong to be atleast 8 years. hopefully it lasts. or gets fixed in time).

Nothing to see here, move along

Except that we never pay the bonds back, we only pay the interest on the bonds, which is why the debt continues to grow year after year after year. We pay only the interest we owe on the debt because that technically keeps us from defaulting.

Government finance is not the same as personal finance. Unless you assume a country will die. The economy requires a certain level of debt to function. Also, government doesn't have to pay off the debt. It only has to make it sustainable. As long as the debt isn't growing faster than the growth of GDP, there is not danger.

By the way, gold and silver have very little intrinsic value. Its value comes mostly from people believe it has value. During chaotic time, I'd rather to have food, water, fuel and bullets, than gold. Also, if USD goes back to gold standard. Other major currencies will have to follow. There is simply not enough gold, in circulation and reserve, to sustain the expansion of world economy. 

Ah dammit not the this ridiculous garbage again.  People need to start catching 8hrs of sleep a night and stop getting so easily mind fracked by these self-serving doom and gloom asshats; Whom are more then happy to sell you their RMB, and Chinese properties...because they, unlike your government, care about you.

If people want to get paid in bitcoin, then they can move to bitcons country where bitcoin paves roads, trains doctors, maintains a military & police, and vaccinates the people against diseases.  If they want bitcoin in order to  circumvent income taxes then fack those selfish people, move to a shit part of the world where you can be a real libertarian.

Fuck it let's just pull a Russia. Have a revolution and have the new government declare all debts of the old government null and void.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Yeah...if I was in Canada and getting paid in Bitcoins, I would quit.

Bitcoins isn't viable, at all. No point in using it as a means of currency.

What do you suggest as an alternative?

Quit spending money on army, militarized police, salary raises for administration, corporate welfare, etc. all without even pissing off the left and their welfare.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Quit spending money on army, militarized police, salary raises for administration, corporate welfare, etc. all without even pissing off the left and their welfare.

So you wouldn't cut welfare. I'm impressed.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Just out of curiosity, why do you support incentivising people to not work? I used to stand inside the liqour store I worked in, and watch people trade their "welfare" food stamp cards for cash, and come in and buy liqour.

Just out of curiosity, why do you support incentivising people to not work? I used to stand inside the liqour store I worked in, and watch people trade their "welfare" food stamp cards for cash, and come in and buy liqour.

What's your point? Are you making a judgment on all takers of welfare as a whole? Because frankly that's inappropriate.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

If I had my way the only form of welfare would be food stamps, so the very porest at least have rood in their stomachs, this also insures that they-poor people- do not use the money on things such as alcohol and drugs. At least if my money is going to be taken I know that it is giing to feed people not pay for drug habits.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

If I had my way the only form of welfare would be food stamps, so the very porest at least have rood in their stomachs, this also insures that they-poor people- do not use the money on things such as alcohol and drugs. At least if my money is going to be taken I know that it is giing to feed people not pay for drug habits.

Which is why drugs should be legalized. Then it will be easier to get people off of drugs and stop them from resorting to drugs in the first place.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This is a terrible idea bitcoins fluctuate in value so often someone could be paid $500 in bitcoins the next day it could only be worth $200 how is this even legal?!

Which is why drugs should be legalized. Then it will be easier to get people off of drugs and stop them from resorting to drugs in the first place.

While I do think all drugs should be available for legal purchase-as long as warnings of potential dangers are there-I dont see how it would help in drug addiction rates, although less dangerous drugs such as heroin would be more prevalent then say crodile-russian drug that consists of paint thinner and such.

While I do think all drugs should be available for legal purchase-as long as warnings of potential dangers are there-I dont see how it would help in drug addiction rates, although less dangerous drugs such as heroin would be more prevalent then say crodile-russian drug that consists of paint thinner and such.

Well, it may be more prevalent, but we're already educating people on how badly they damage your body. People still get to it anyways, to me legalizing it is a question of whether or not you want all the crime associated with it through its illegality. If people are going to get heroine even when it's illegal and when you tell them it's dangerous, there are a few reasons to why it's good to legalize it:

-It takes some of the excitement and mystique for teenagers and people in general around abusing an illicit substance

-It's easier to wean people off of drugs in rehab than it is to make them go cold turkey

-You can sell heroine antidote and reduce the amount of deaths caused by it

-You save possibly billions of dollars, maybe even earning some. This is accomplished through ending the war on drugs, (legalize heroine and heroine dealers are out of luck) requiring licenses to sell specific drugs, taxing sale and production, etc. It's such a cash cow I'm frankly surprised many countries haven't done so already.

It's better to know someone's using heroine and be prepared with antidote and good rehab than it is to make them do it in secret. Doing it in secret is how people get killed taking heroine.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /