“Console hardware was considerably less powerful than high-end PCs at launch”, according to two Crytek Engineers

Kyo

During this year’s SIGGRAPH, Crytek’s Nicolas Schulz and Theodor Mader finally admitted how much more powerful high-end PCs were compared to both current-gen consoles at launch.

According to them, the hardware of the PS4 and Xbox One were already obsolete at launch, something we already knew, but this time it's a statement from a main game developer.

What does the master race think of this?

Source: DSOG

I think this is a repost and I think you need to search harder next time. 

Crytek should also try to not be bankrupt first before handing out sage advice. 

Crytek should also stop making excuses for why its games didn't look good on console. 

CDPR flat out said W3 won't look as good on consoles, and they'll focus more on PC because they can. Thats what we need. Developers who give the consoles the best they can (because casual gamers really don't give a shit about these things, if you think they do I suggest leaving the internet and gaining some perspective) and focus on PCs to give the best they can. 

Without making exucses or saying "Oh the consoles limited us". Cause thats bullshit. Like Ubisoft and The Crew. 1080p @ 30fps on all platforms? That isn't a console issue. That is Ubisoft being lazy fucks and not wanting to put in work for the PC. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Console bashing gets tiresome because its a circlejerk of what we already know. RARELY in history have consoles actually been that much more powerful. Guess what that rare part was? Around 6 months when the 360 launched. That was the one time consoles actually had beefy hardware. But that was in. And within a year they were outdated. Guess who gave a fuck? 

Not the over hundred million combined units sold by Sony or MS, and definitely not the hundred million units sold by Nintendo. 

This shit is tiresome and it isn't news. This belongs in general discussion at best and off topic at worst.

I think this is a repost and I think you need to search harder next time

Oh, if it is, i'm sorry. Searched for Crytek on the search bar and nothing came up relating to this.

oh-rly.jpg

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Only to be expected considering the cost. I think they should have tried getting a little more performance out of the machines though, even if it meant bumping up the price a little.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I'm vegan but I feel like I should go buy some cheese to go with all the whine in that blog post.

I feel like the only thing missing from that blog post on the list of things they blamed as to why ryse sucked so much is a sarcastic "Thanks Obama" at the end of it or a Homer Simpson quote "its everybody's fault but mine"

only thing that is worse is the comment section of the console and crytek apologists fighting like a bunch of 13year old girls fighting over who loves JB more.

what a sorry excuse(pun?) for a company crytek has become.

The sad thing is that I thought Ryse actually looked decent and had pretty good art direction, and I was a little surprised when I found out it was 1080p. I didn't even care when I went back through to replay on a higher difficulty. 

News. When the NES was released, it was considerably slower 8-bit 1.79 MHz CPU.

I have NEVER understood why people get so pump up for specs. Consoles is a toy. As Nintendo called theirs 'Entertainment System'. An expensive toy, but gives you a unique gaming experience that you can't get anywhere else (not from the competitors, not from PC. It could be similar, but not the same). That's the idea. And that how I have always seen gaming console. I never played them for graphics. I always played them for games specifically adapted for the unique experience it provided.

Each console fanboy, and PC gamers themselves, PC Master Race some like to call themselves, are just as bad from one to another. All fighting for who has the best.

You want to have fun? Get a PC and a console of your choice. I recommend a WiiU, where not only you have a unique experience, large collection of AAAA titles, but all the third party non WiiU exclusive consoles games, are on PC, so even if you have a gap of games on the WiiU, you'll be playing PC games in the mean time, which are games you would have played in any case on your PC for the superior visuals and sound.

Now, can we all go back to bed?

Water is indeed wet.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

You want to have fun? Get a PC and a console of your choice. I recommend a WiiU, where not only you have a unique experience, large collection of AAAA titles, but all the third party non WiiU exclusive consoles games, are on PC, so even if you have a gap of games on the WiiU, you'll be playing PC games in the mean time, which are games you would have played in any case on your PC for the superior visuals and sound.

Now, can we all go back to bed?

AAAA games? Damn I want me some of those!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

BREAKING NEWS: Consoles are weaker than PCs

2620-1287550828.jpg

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

"Holy shit. Consoles are more powerful than PC. Stop this fucking PC Master race bull shit" said every peasant ever.

Project Restomod (In progress)

When contacted for comment, industry analysts replied with "No shit".

Gaming Rig: Asus Z87 Pro, i5-4670k, EVGA Supernova 1000 P2, Corsair Carbide Air 540, NZXT Kraken X60, G.SKILL Ripjaws X (4 x 8GB @ 2133), 2 x EVGA GTX 980 SC, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 2 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm

Plex Server/Couch Gamer: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5, i7 4790k, Corsair HX750, Fractal Node 804, Deepcool Captain 240 AIO, G.SKILL Sniper Series (4 x 8GB @ 1866), MSI Lightning 780, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm.

Not only is it old, but any pleb could look at the stats of these pieces of hardware and conclude the consoles are far weaker, it doesn't take a game developer's word to establish this fact.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I think this is a repost and I think you need to search harder next time. 

Do you have a link to the original post? Please remember to post a link when reporting or posting "Repost". It helps the mods and it helps us members find the original topic. Personally, I haven't seen this posted yet.

Back on topic: Yeah basically as everyone else has said: "No Shit"

However, I think there has been a lot of confusion surrounding the hype of the "power" of the next gen consoles. Many devs and the console manufacturers were claiming they were "more advanced" then High-End PC's. Which, if you look at the wording from many of those statements, is technically correct. The engineering and technology is "more advanced", in the sense that they're both using new and innovative memory architecture (DDR5 on the PS4 and a super fast eMMC buffer on the XBox One). That technology is more "advanced" then DDR3 desktop memory.

HOWEVER, just because something is more advanced does not make it faster. As an example, car manufacturers can build a relatively simple and unchanged internal combustion powered car that is faster then a Helicopter, but the Helicopter is obviously far more advanced technology, despite the car being able to go faster.

Point is, yeah the next gen consoles had some new cool technology, but yeah, High-End PC's wreck them so bad. Hell my PC, which is 1 generation behind on the GPU and 3+ generations behind on the CPU, and it still wrecks the best a next gen console can do.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Back on topic: Yeah basically as everyone else has said: "No Shit"

Yes, this guy got the point, but I don't think most people have. The point of this topic isn't that consoles were behind. Everyone with basic knowledge on the subject did, but the point is that a main game developer is stating that. That's it. Maybe more is to come, so we can stop this bullshit that is becoming the industry :) 

This is really really old news.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I never would have known that they were underpowered as hell. Not like the Q6600 at school is more powerful.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)