Help deciding on a sports car? ['Murica]

I still vote dropping an American V8 into a Nissan 240SX if you want some cheap sports car fun.

Just released.

if it was a full frontal accident 

the engine will slide below the cockpit and the drive shaft will snap  

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just released.

The car gets mangled, but the man looks alright...

Both the FR-S and the BRZ have a 5 star crash safety rating.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

The car gets mangled, but the man looks alright...

Both the FR-S and the BRZ have a 5 star crash safety rating.

Yeah, that's the hardest test and it did well, especially considering its weight. The only sporty cars to do better were heavier 4-doors like the GTI, WRX, and Civic.

For a daily driver a BMW e92 330i coupe or a BMW e92 M3 coupe if you have the money for it

post-34129-0-40971800-1406739489.jpg

System : I7-6700K EK-Supremacy. . Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH . 16GB Kingston HyperX predator ddr4. Evga Supernova 750 G2. Samsung 850 250gb. Samsung 840 250gb.

Evga GTX780 Classified EK-780 Classy . NZXT H440 White. Alphacool ST30 240. HW Labs SR-1 360. Alphacool D5 vario. aquacomputer D5 pump/res combo  . logi G502. CM Quick fire blue.  Dell U2515H.

Too bad the new C7 Stingray is probably way out of your price range, that car looks like it's the first real sports car to come out of america. Its so good even british reviewers gave it higher ratings than the Jaguar F-Type, which really means something.

Anyway, I'm not familiar with prices in the US, but I like the BRZ from the looks of it. Too bad japanese interiors are never a match for the european ones. Does the car have to be new? How about a used M3, a GTI or any of the other euro options?

Oh btw, I recently got to drive the newest GTI, absolutely loved it. It feels more like an Audi and less like a Golf.

• 3 weeks later...

Of that list the brz ( only because 370z was removed). I test drove one and it felt like my s15 silvia off boost.

But I agree with the post above about an e92. I'm looking at trading up to a 335i. But a 328i would be a good comparison to your other choices. Still has the 3L I6 just de tuned from the 330 but not the I4 like the 320

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

Anything European. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Can you get a used Audi RS4 from 2006?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ