Help deciding on a sports car? ['Murica]

Series.Blue BRZ has 100HP per liter and has a 2.5 liter Engine.....So 250HP, 50 more than the default BRZ.

fixed. Also, that car would be a great choice

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

My vote goes to the Scion FR-S

why?

white_ae86_sideshot.jpg

it's AE86 little brother

just add decals and carbon fiber stickers on the hood and the RS Watanabe Rims

toyota-gt-86-gets-initial-d-treatment-in

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

If you are looking for Nissan RB straight six engine is where its at :P

You could also look for a Datsun 280Z because it looks so damm sexy.

datsun-280z-03.jpg

I love the 240Z version

or the other model code used in Japan is the S30 aka the Devil Z with a L28 turbo carb engine

otherwise I will get the same chassis and dump a RB26DETT with the R34 GTT driveline 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Corvette ZR1.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

The BRZ and FRS are the same car. I wouldn't get one unless you plan on modding it as they are slow as balls stock, but have perfect 50/50 weight distribution and great suspension. 370z's are heavy pigs but if you dump enough money into it they can be fast. If you want a sports car, get an Sti or an Evo. Much better cars imho. 

If you do get a FRS, do yourself a fav and get rid of those god awful ricer Scion badges and replace with the proper Toyota ones.

The BRZ and FRS are the same car. I wouldn't get one unless you plan on modding it as they are slow as balls stock, but have perfect 50/50 weight distribution and great suspension. 370z's are heavy pigs but if you dump enough money into it they can be fast. If you want a sports car, get an Sti or an Evo. Much better cars imho. 

The top gear episode where Clarkson review the GT86/FRS is pretty funny

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/jeremy-reviews-the-toyota-gt86-series-19-episode-3

at stock, this car can be quite tail happy if you use the heel/toe technique thanks to the skinny rear tires

it quite easy to gain hp very fast, but since it is a boxer engine, it has plenty of torque at the mid revs and it is a high revving engine

I currently driving the 04 Subaru Forester 2.0XT over here

If you do get a FRS, do yourself a fav and get rid of those god awful ricer Scion badges and replace with the proper Toyota ones.

many online stores carry the DIY self stick on badges

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/frs-gt86-toyota-emblems-403.html

Mazda 3 speed in a dream.  In reality, test drive the hell out of some cars to get a better idea.  Also check to see if the vehicle has good service life or is if it dead in two years like a crappy Camero.  GM kills, think about it.

"We will never make a 32-bit operating system." -- Bill Gates, 1989

it quite easy to gain hp very fast, but since it is a boxer engine, it has plenty of torque at the mid revs and it is a high revving engine

The mid range torque is actually one of the worst parts of the car. There's a nasty dip in torque from about 3k to 5k RPM that's noticeable during normal driving. If you're wringing the car out all the time, you probably won't notice. If you find yourself in that range though, it kinda sucks.

BobsFRSARIntake3rdGear.jpg

From what I've seen, this dip can be virtually eliminated with a quality header and tune.

The mid range torque is actually one of the worst parts of the car. There's a nasty dip in torque from about 3k to 5k RPM that's noticeable during normal driving. If you're wringing the car out all the time, you probably won't notice. If you find yourself in that range though, it kinda sucks.

From what I've seen, this dip can be virtually eliminated with a quality header and tune.

Yea that's literally where you would normally shift in a daily driven car that you aren't beating the shit out of. What were they thinking? I love how they look but they are so anemic in the powerband. It can all be solved with a turbo though. :)

maybe it because mine is a turbo charged?

my torque curve starts from around 2500 rpm range but will run out at around 4000+ rpm as mine is a TD04L made by Mitsubishi

I wish I can upgrade but the 4 speed auto box is the limiting factor

Yea that's literally where you would normally shift in a daily driven car that you aren't beating the shit out of. What were they thinking? I love how they look but they are so anemic in the powerband. It can all be solved with a turbo though. :)

one damn good thing about boxers

if you maintained it good and don't go crazy with power or revs

it damn bulletproof

I love the 240Z version

or the other model code used in Japan is the S30 aka the Devil Z with a L28 turbo carb engine

otherwise I will get the same chassis and dump a RB26DETT with the R34 GTT driveline 

yeah the 240Z is also a very nice car aswell :)

@acidydragon

if you are picking a used Subaru 

feel free to ask me

I might be able to help you as I am driving a Subaru Forester 2.0XT which is a 2L Boxer Light Pressure Turbocharged

Personally I will pick the GDB-C or GDB-F chassis WRX STi variants

but chances are these models are heavily abused as they were cheap in those days and tons of mods will be done and there might have been in accidents which can be covered up easily with shoddy repair works. If you see a model that is cheap but have high mileage, be wary of it as it may have been abused.

Check the undercarriage for signs of damage and rust

Look for the GRB chassis version of the STi which is the 5 door hatchback as they will be newer but they can be quite heavy on fuel consumption due to the increased weight of the body. But good thing is you now have more boot space.

Oh almost forget, check the DCCD unit for all the STi models, they control the power distribution between the front and rear wheels. Failure of the unit will incur repair cost. For the GRB model check the SI Drive unit too.

That is my take on the STis 

cheers and happy car hunting   :)

Remember to buy Manual and no auto

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

Of course.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Of course.

manual is great

but some models carry semi auto gearbox aka the dual clutch gearbox which is controlled by paddle shifters behind the steering wheel

tumblr_lnlmjbaW5k1qh2mpqo1_500.gif

manual is great

but some models carry semi auto gearbox aka the dual clutch gearbox which is controlled by paddle shifters behind the steering wheel

It's a cheat, and a lie.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

It's a cheat, and a lie.

oh well 

manual it is

happy hunting :)

vote for the Scion FR-S

oh well 

manual it is

happy hunting :)

vote for the Scion FR-S

I'm thinking it's going to be the FR-S, or the BRZ... More likely the BRZ.

I'm thinking it's going to be the FR-S, or the BRZ... More likely the BRZ.

both are the same car thou

but the FR-S is a looker IMO

how much you can get for the 2 cars?

BRZ for dem HIDs and no goofy red seat trim. Also price haggling. Some dealers are being dicks holding out for mark-ups still. Scion will gladly take your order for MSRP though. <_<

BRZ for dem HIDs and no goofy red seat trim. Also price haggling. Some dealers are being dicks holding out for mark-ups still. Scion will gladly take your order for MSRP though. <_<

I don't know why but strangely the price of the BRZ is way cheaper than the GT86

http://motorimage.net/SG/buying/info/files/pricelist.pdf?id=gcjte

http://www.toyotasingapore.com.sg/cars/new_cars/86/price.aspx

at least you guys don't have to pay as much as I do for either models

US prices are more sane