VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build (modded Bitfenix Prodigy)

ciobanulx

-snip-

Is this a Kitchen log now? :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Over here the possibilities are endless. Either you can get it in the colour you want, or, you can get matte and then just spray on some clear... I wasn't joking, btw.. Check this out.

The production line started in the living room. I'd take off the handles, bondo the holes, sand, then wrap. Then I just put on some cheap 1950s handles.

Did make my hands hurt getting out the bubbles, but the end result was more than worth it.

Took me about a day. The middle parts I covered were the most revolting, bland beige you've ever seen lmao.

Wrap a kitchen.. hehehe, only I'd be that crazy !

Back in the early 90s I would go around the local arcades, buy complete sheds of cabinets then rewire the JAMMA loom, then wrap them in vinyl for about £8. Corr, the money I made ! used to pay on average around £50 for a cabinet. Make the broken panels from MDF, replace the glass and then wrap them and sell them for £500 or so.

That looks really good. You're a true DIYer. I'm probably the same haha. I would have totally done that as well. Unfortunately right now I'm working with limited space and tools, until I finish uni and move out, hopefully early next year :) . I'm gonna keep looking for a place where I could buy decent vinyl, it will definitely come in handy in the future. Thanks for checking out my build mate and for the helpful tips :D

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

If you want anything from over here just shout. Have a poke around on Ebay UK and let me know if you find anything.. You can paypal me the cash and I'll ship it over :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

If you want anything from over here just shout. Have a poke around on Ebay UK and let me know if you find anything.. You can paypal me the cash and I'll ship it over :)

I'll keep that in mind, thanks a lot :D and likewise, though I doubt you'd find anything worth buying from here that you don't already have haha

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

UPDATE

Hey guys! The exam went pretty well today :D. I still have two group assignments to complete over the coming months, but I'm not to stressed about those. So I should be free for about two months now before finals. Therefore as soon as I receive my two packages I'm getting straight to finishing the build :D

Here's another quick update, playing with some more photography. This time I took some shots of the sleeved cables from IceModz. Really happy with how they look and feel, Mundi did a great job on them and they seem to match the rest of the build pretty well.

I received them a few days ago but haven't had time to check them out properly and to take some good shots of them. The yellow seems to be UV reactive I think which isn't a bad thing :P

Here's the 24 pin cable and an IceModz cable comb

hKTOdPH.jpg

It's a bit hard to keep the paracord straight while taking pics

8270VTp.jpg

HQ00JNH.jpg

eqpB94Z.jpg

GPU cables

5Pg05nN.jpg

Fmtf0Vo.jpg

1ViKhIy.jpg

CPU cable

lStoHxi.jpg

Nfi4Sll.jpg]

Molex and sata power cables

BeWGkdn.jpg

Really good sleeved cables. I totally recommend IceModz to anyone looking to get some custom sleeved cables and doesn't have the knowledge and tools or the time to custom sleeve themselves.

Also here are some cool shots of the case. I promise this will be the last time you see the case empty haha :P

mQyoKsu.jpg

MbowOKO.jpg

8AdtJ67.jpg

a33r2jO.jpg

Pfymz66.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. I'm just about to get started on the vinyl stickers. I found some pretty cool Fallout ones :D

SIMPLE MODZ

I'd say not long to go now (cause we wanna see it all done) but last time I did @ALXAndy shot me down :D anyway it's looking good and I can't wait to see it all done

Those glamour shots of the case :wub:

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Looks Great!

Good luck with your exams

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Stunning work there my man. Very, very impressed !

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I'd say not long to go now (cause we wanna see it all done) but last time I did @ALXAndy shot me down :D anyway it's looking good and I can't wait to see it all done

Those glamour shots of the case :wub:

Looks Great!

Good luck with your exams

Stunning work there my man. Very, very impressed !

Thanks a lot guys! :D

Here's what I've been working on in terms of the vinyl stickers I want to print out. Nothing too fancy and I also don't want to have the case full of stickers.

For the RAM and SSD

21EvqXR.jpg

For the GPU block (will cut around the cog wheel)

zhISUhG.jpg

For the rear I/O cover, just on top of it

ejG8IzJ.jpg

On both sides, on the PSU covers

n16XK2j.jpg

And this I'm thinking on the res but I'm not sure how it would look. I will test it out

CRw0EYM.jpg

Now I just need to get some glossy white sticker paper to print on, the one I have atm is really crappy. I'm gonna go look for some tomorrow :P

And also this is what I've just ordered from Bethesda :D

5" Vault Boy Strength Bobblehead

4HmbieQ.jpg

SIMPLE MODZ

Grats on the bobble. However mate, your Vault Tec font is miles out.

fallout_3_lunchbox_101_by_kcapilit-d5okq

If you need help holler, but don't use the wrong font it'll ruin the build.

Grats on the bobble. However mate, your Vault Tec font is miles out.

If you need help holler, but don't use the wrong font it'll ruin the build.

Thanks, I didn't even realize that, I just got this off google lol. I will work on a different one for that :P

SIMPLE MODZ

Awesome looking

love it

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

DEM VINYLZZ. #buildoftheyear2k14

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

Awesome looking

love it

Waiting for these awesome stickers to hit the case! :D

DEM VINYLZZ. #buildoftheyear2k14

I really love the contrasty look of this build!

Truly something to takeaway from this post apocalyptic theme, awesome work  :D

Thanks guys :D

I changed the font on the SSD and RAM sticker. Used the Overseer font which I now have installed on my PC :D

Yxl5coH.png

I also found a better 101 I can use. I think this is the actual Fallout font 101. For this I'm gonna cut around the numbers and just have that on the PSU covers on both sides

3UscQlm.jpg

I just need to make sure the yellow and blue matches on all of the stickers to the yellow and blue currently on the case.

I'm really not good at this, all I'm using is paint, lightroom and MS word haha. If anyone has any suggestions please do share :)

No luck in finding any vinyl to print on today ... I will continue to search

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

All my packages arrived on Monday and since then I've been very busy working on the build. I hope you guys are gonna be as pleased as I am with how it looks. It's nearly ready to start tubing up. I'm just missing some screws for the ram block as when I changed it to the clear top, some screws where shorter than other for some reason  :mellow: EK!!! I had to order some screws and they're still on their way.

I gotta tell you, it was a struggle trying to get all those cables in while they where all connected to the PSU haha. They are long enough to just reach the components while the PSU is inside fully, otherwise they wouldn't fit inside the case. So I had to hook them all up to the PSU first :P

Firstly here is the finished motherboard tray cover, with the LED strip stuck to it facing down so that it will light up the edges of the acrylic :D

s8HykEW.jpg

ldtCA6V.jpg

And also here is my version of the EK Supremacy EVO! :D

509IEl4.jpg

6mTMhRl.jpg

Xbu2DMO.jpg

QN7jI7W.jpg

AND finally here is the build :D

BfeNHxg.jpg

NhlHMo4.jpg

YgVHRxe.jpg

Notice the Vault Boy logo :D

q9qi5hr.jpg

PC4Wnm4.jpg

AYvOz9K.jpg

pAIPrOd.jpg

fuOtnYC.jpg

OFJ6NnE.jpg

7hB4PFk.jpg

You can just barely see the SSD hiding behind the 24 pin cable :P

ECGUhwz.jpg

Stuck another Vault-Tec logo on this side of the pumps too

6tQorH5.jpg

TKx6Pqj.jpg

Now the only downside to my cable routing is that every fan, LED strip and pumps are connected to 6 x 3pin PCBs on each side of the PSU, without being able to access them with the PSU inside. And once I tube up I'm not gonna be able to reach the 24 pin to jump start the PSU in order to fill and bleed the loop. If I would have left the cables out, as hard as it was getting them in, I doubt I could have gotten everything in nicely and connected with a filled loop. What this means is that I will have to fill the loop with everything powered on :unsure:, I think I could disconnect the CPU power cable and GPU, but the 24pin I definitely won't be able to reach once tubes are in, I can barely reach it now. I'm pretty confident in my routing that I won't have any leaks but the thing I'm worried about is the powering on and off while I fill the loop, would that damage the MB?

Anyways let me know your thoughts on that and please share your opinion about the build thus far :)

I will get some nice pics up once the build is finished, I didn't have any room for my set up this time haha

Cheers, Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Use a separate PSU for the bleeding...

I know that's easier said than done, but if you can attach the pump to a different PSU, you can cycle the power without causing issues with the motherboard.

And no, turning the motherboard on and off won't really do much to it, but to be on the safe side, if you can use a separate PSU, you could avoid any thoughts of issues.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

That is incredible

I7-4790K OC @ 4.7, Asus Maximus VII Hero, 16gb 2133hz Corsair Vengence, 780 GTX SC (2), 250gb Samsung 840 SSD (2), Phanteks Luxe Pro Chassis, EVGA Supernova P2 1200W,MCP655-PWM pump with Bitspower fittings and upgrade kit, 360, 240 EK Radiators, all other watercooling is EK products

Use a separate PSU for the bleeding...

I know that's easier said than done, but if you can attach the pump to a different PSU, you can cycle the power without causing issues with the motherboard.

And no, turning the motherboard on and off won't really do much to it, but to be on the safe side, if you can use a separate PSU, you could avoid any thoughts of issues.

I thought about using a separate PSU but as I said, I can't reach inside next to the PSU to get to the pump connection. I guess I'll just do it with the mb on, fingers crossed it all goes well :)

That is incredible

Yo, you minding telling me where you live and whats sceurity for your house?

Well the country and city you can find out easily but that's about all I'm sharing haha :P

SIMPLE MODZ