GTX 880 possibly come to Gamescome in mid-Aug

ViruZ_HUN

Hi found fresh info about Gtx 880 which i am looking foward too:-D (posting from a mobile device)

source: http://videocardz.com/51078/nvidia-geforce-gtx-880-arrives-gamescom

Copied info:

Rumor: GeForce GTX 880 launches next month

For the past few days we have been hearing some crazy rumors regarding GeForce GTX 880 launch date. According to one report, a pair of two GM204-based cards would appear mid-August.

Ever since we heard this rumor, we’ve been trying to verify this information and so far no one was able to confirm it.

So what exactly is happening in August? According NVIDIA’s calendar, there are two event where ‘something could be shown to public’. First is SIGGRAPH, which is more software-oriented, and then there’s Gamescom. This event takes place in Germany between 13rd and 17th August. Of course NVIDIA will be present there, in fact they even have their own booth there.

All of sudden, a new user at notebookreview forums posted this:

GamesCom-leak-760x620.png

You have to say, it has to be more than just a coincidence!

I have made a closeup on the GPU name, and it clearly says 880. We do not know if that’s MX (thus mobile) or desktop part. It shows a very high GPU score unseen in most high-end GeForce cards. Is this the score of the new GeForce GTX 880? Most importantly will it appear next month at Gamescom?

Someone could be just trolling us, but this dates fits perfectly to what we’ve heard earlier this week.

GeForce-GTX-880-FireStrike-Extreme-846x6

More GeForce GTX 880 information coming later this week

We actually have much more information about the GTX 880, but we are not going to mix rumors with facts, and this post clearly is a rumor. Stay tunned!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Soon my friend, and just in time for your dream rig. Maaaybe we'll see a Q3 release mmm... I always betted on a Q4 release.

Never on that 2015 crap though... 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I'm not sure that site is very trustworthy when their only source is an easily photoshopped picture of a benchmark score.

I have my hopes up for late q4, I expect an early 2015 release though.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

VideoCardz.com, a website that frequently reports on graphics card rumors, has posted that the Nvidia GTX 880 might arrive next month at Gamescom.

The website points out that multiple sources are pointing towards a mid-August launch, and includes a forum post from NotebookReview.com. This post is made by user800, who appears to have signed up just to make this post. Included in the post is a screenshot of a 3DMark FireStrike extreme score, which is a higher score than the GTX 780 Ti achieves. The model name of the graphics card is blurred out, but there is a consensus that this is set by the upcoming GTX 880 graphics card.sdasd.PNG

Nvidia also posted on July 17 that it was "very excited," and "T-minus 27 days." Curiously, that corresponds to August 13, the first day of Gamescom. A quick peek in the vendor list for Gamescom also reveals that Nvidia will have a booth.dfdf.png

We suspect that Nvidia will announce the GTX 880 and GTX 870 at the show. They are reported to be GM204 based cards.

AMD will also have a presence at the show, although we haven’t heard any rumors tying an AMD graphics card to Gamescom. The rumored Tonga GPU is expected soon, but nobody seems to know exactly what "soon" means. Mid-way through May it was expected that a Tonga GPU would arrive within three months, more or less coinciding with Gamescom as well.

All of this is just speculation for now. Vendors do make these announcement at big events, but not always.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-gtx-880-gm2014-gamescom,27305.html

To me this is the most promising rumor yet. I hope this comes true because I'm getting tired of all the speculation and want to see some actual facts.

For some reason, when I hear GM204, I always assume it's a mobile based GPU. No reason why.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Don't they normally save big announcements for wdc ces ect?

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Don't they normally save big announcements for wdc ces ect?

I believe Gamescon is the only big gaming/technology event left this year, they've kinda run out of options if they want to launch this year.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I believe Gamescon is the only big gaming/technology event left this year, they've kinda run out of options if they want to launch this year.

there is also TGS but I am pretty sure they don't attend.

I thought that 3DMark FireStrike score was shown to be nonsense.

I remember seeing somewhere (don't remember where, maybe in these forums) people posting the exact same score using things like 2x GTX 780 Tis or overclocked 780 Tis or something...

I dont think the 880 will be anything special since there backing off on the dye shrink, I think there just releasing something to keep the hype

Its all about those volumetric clouds

who cares about maxwell and who cares when they announce it, all i care about is new tech and when they release not announce, and maxwell doesnt have new tech same old ....

Until pascal its gonna be some boredom gpu market "Pascal GPU will feature stacked DRAM,Unified Memory and NVLink".

so is the 800series on a 22nm or 16nm process? i think hardware canucks mentioned about a further shrink to 16nm, although that would be awesome and insane at the same time.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

so is the 800series on a 22nm or 16nm process? i think hardware canucks mentioned about a further shrink to 16nm, although that would be awesome and insane at the same time.

800 will be 28nm for now... there was talk of skipping 20nm next year and dropping straight to 16(15?)nm.

How does this hint that the GTX880 will be announced at gamescom ?
Nvidia has a booth there for years.
I played Nvidia Shield at their booth last year.

RTX2070OC 

Ahh okay, but does it mean that power-efficiency increase is targeted by keeping the 28nm process, or "raw" gpu-horsepower?

Ahh okay, but does it mean that power-efficiency increase is targeted by keeping the 28nm process, or "raw" gpu-horsepower?

Power efficiency is improved in the new SMM design. Scheduling control is more fine-grained with the SMM over the SMX and so it is easier to save power as more portions of the chip can be turned off when not in use.

This improved power efficiency means that for an equivalent power envelope performance should increase generously despite being on the same process node. That's what we saw with the 750 and 750 Ti. I can only imagine what these would be like on 20nm.

I would love the 880Ti. But I think I would most likely get the 880. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Power efficiency is improved in the new SMM design. Scheduling control is more fine-grained with the SMM over the SMX and so it is easier to save power as more portions of the chip can be turned off when not in use.

This improved power efficiency means that for an equivalent power envelope performance should increase generously despite being on the same process node. That's what we saw with the 750 and 750 Ti. I can only imagine what these would be like on 20nm.

I see:D too bad I am pretty much forced to buy the new product line up, the Witcher is just around the corner and my 660 will not be able to max out, that is for sure.

Let's hope AMD will come up with something crazy ^^

how much performance increase you want from the 780ti on the next gen ?

how much performance increase you want from the 780ti on the next gen ?

If that leaked firestrike benchmark is legit then that means GTX 880 = 780 Ti performance. Also it will use less power & emit less heat and cost around 499$. Basically since Nvidia isnt ready to release gpus on a small process they're going to release the 880 to hold people over until spring 2015. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

If that leaked firestrike benchmark is legit then that means GTX 880 = 780 Ti performance. Also it will use less power & emit less heat and cost around 499$. Basically since Nvidia isnt ready to release gpus on a small process they're going to release the 880 to hold people over until spring 2015. 

I saw someone say that even a 780Ti did not get more than 5500 or something. so the 880 will be better if the score is legit.