June 13th 2014 - The WAN Show Document

LinusTech

We are doing something a little different this week. Delons didn't have time to do the WAN Show timetable for the YouTube upload, and to be perfectly honest sitting and watching myself talk is pretty tedious...

SO! I've created a google spreadsheet and I'm asking folks to fill in the timestamps for me to put under the video once it's up. Relying on the honour system here a little bit, but I believe in this community, and I really appreciate the help.

https://docs.google.com/a/linusmediagroup.com/spreadsheets/d/1BVB46NW2hrHjTYGLUmLMxrfy-01b3-qmneQOpDVgREw/edit#gid=0

News Items

GTA 5 coming to PC, PS4 & Xbox One

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Askew

Source 2: eurogamer.net

Source 3: youtube.com (Official trailer)

- Coming this autumn

- Players will be able to transfer GTA Online saves. No info on campaign transfer.

- Rockstar has said it will include an array of “visual upgrades” and a few “tweaked features”.

- Will have better draw distances, improved textures, denser traffic, new wildlife, upgraded weather, upgraded damage effects and “an array of new details to discover”.

- The PC version will include a movie maker.

- Existing add-on content for GTA Online will be included.
- PC version will include upgraded AI compared to PS4 and Xbox One version!

“Designed by Razer” Licensing Program

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Laforet

Source 2: nzxt.com (Official Product Page)

Source 3: pcworld.com

- Razer has launched a new “Designed by Razer” licensing program for PC cases.

- Cases are manufactured and sold by 3rd party case makers.

- The NZXT H440 is the first cases to have the Razer treatment.

- All the features in the NZXT H440 Razer edition can be found in the stock edition.

- Pricing for the Razer Edition is yet to be announced.

- Unknown if this will lead to entirely new cases or just aesthetic overhauls.

Pentium K G3258 (Anniversary edition)

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: DaMagicalManiac

Source 2: bit-tech.net

Source 3: digitalstormonline.com

(BF4 Performance graph in source 2)

- Cost £60GBP or $75USD

- Anniversary Edition Chip.

- Stock speed = 3.2GHz

- Overclocked (on air) speeds; Scan: 4.5GHz, Digital Storm: 4.6GHz

- Only has 2 cores and 2 threads CORRECTION: (one thread per core, no HT). thx.

- Comparable framerate to 4690k and 4790k in BF4 using a GTX 770.

Mario Maker Announced

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: TopWargamer

Source 2: techcrunch.com

- Allows you to build your own courses for Mario.

- You can build courses on the Wii U.

- “This is Nintendo’s crack at the Little Big Planet or Project Spark type of game creation” - Techcrunch

- You can render them in either 8-bit or New Super Mario Bros. U-style 3D graphics.

- It’s set to arrive in the first half of next year, but it’s unclear exactly when or for how much.

- Content sharing? lots of suggestions (E3 - Luke)

Wii U Gamecube controller adapter

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: TopWargamer

Source 2: ign.com

Source 3: amazon.com (Smash Bros Amazon pre-order)

- Adapter will support up to 4 GCN controllers.

- Will cost $20

- Nintendo will also sell Smash Bros. branded Gamecube controllers for $30

- A Smash Bros. for Wii U bundle will be available for $100. Includes the game, an adapter and one controller. (Game up for pre-order for $60)

- They will be released at the same time as the game: Winter 2014 (listed as 31st Dec 2014 on amazon)

- Works with “wavebird” wireless gamecube controller

- Smash invitational impressions (E3 - Luke)

Next Generation of consoles could come sooner than expected

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Johners

Source 2: techradar.com

- “Don’t expect it to be another 8 years” - Techradar

- Sony Computer Entertainment UK boss Fergal Gara told TechRadar that he believes the new console cycle might be shorter than the last - and AMD agrees. "Our customers are already thinking about what comes next." he said.

- AMD is hinting that  the console devs are even further along than we’d expect.

- Nintendo has already confirmed that it has a "clear idea" of what the Wii U's successor will look like.

Philips 2 in 1 monitor

Source 1: hexus.net

- Made of two ultra thin bezel 19” monitors.

- Single stand that allows 22.5 degrees of rotation.

- The display has a 3.5mm bezel.

- First display has a DP and VGA input and the second monitor has a MHL HDMI input. MHL is great for smartphone or tablet displaying.

- Goes on sale autumn this year.

- “It would be good to see larger display options and a triple display version” - Hexus

Maglev keyboard - Surface anyone??

Source 1: hexus.net

- Made by keyboard manufacturer Darfon

- Could lead to a significant thickness reduction in future notebooks.

- Uses magnetic levitation to keep keys in raised position.

- Users could adjust key resistance with software.

- CNet’s reporter claimed the lack of key depth led to uncomfortable typing.

- Darfon has apparently received orders from several notebook vendors.

- External keyboards are also expected before the end of 2014.

Rapid Fire

Official Xbox feedback site launched

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Rafy

Source 2: https://xbox.uservoice.com/

- The site allows you to “suggest a new feature”, “enhancements to an existing feature”, or to “vote on ideas” that others have submitted.

- Unfortunately some ideas are pretty stupid. Xbox 360 backwards compatibility is one of the top upvoted “suggestions” and it’s like… “do you think MS hasn’t thought of that?”

370” TV

Source 1: kitguru.net

(Picture in source 1)

- Called the “Titan Zeus”

- Costs £1,000,000GBP or $1,600,000USD

- 8m by 5tm

- It has only had one private customer that we know of, however some people have seen it at events.

- 11.91 PPI

Calendar invitaion feature within Gmail

Source 1: thenextweb.com

- Google is planning to retire the option which allows users to insert calendar invites directly within emails.

- If you choose to insert a calendar invite within an email, you’ll get a message warning you of the changes ahead.

- The feature allowed you to send invites without having to open up Google Calendar itself – it was likely under used by the majority.

Dead Rising 3

Source 1: craveonline.ca

- A Capcom representative at Gamescom said: Dead rising 3 is “definitely not a timed exclusive, it's an Xbox One game. We see a lot of this online. It's not coming to PS4 or PC.”

- Capcom currently has exclusivity with all three console manufacturers. Monster Hunter 4 will only release on Nintendo hardware, while the PS4 will get Deep Down.

Edited by looney
fixed dark theme problems.

first trolololol

That stream was awesome I always look foward to friday for the ALT TAB Show and the WAN Show

I contributed to the archive thing for timestamps :) 

Don't pull a first. Ever.

it was just a joke to mock those who do I edited my post hahaha

The amd thing about consoles i saw like a few days before it was posted and i didnt post it because i thought it would just turn into another pc vs console war thread but amd said they will most likly only last 5 years insted of the traditional 8-10 years so its still awhile....

- Only has 2 cores and 2 threads CORRECTION: (one thread per core, no HT). thx.

No Problem

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

yayuh!

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

no wonder i couldn't find it

heheh anyway watching on twitch,i find the quality better there........

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Can somebody give me the link to

Asus something at the end of the video??? please

@LinusTech

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

If a game is remastered, that implies it was already mastered, and if it was already mastered why would you need to "remaster" it.

you know the ps3 bit where you said you can play on ps1 games on ps3, mine can do that so is it worth alot?

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

As far as the comcast public wifi thing, if comcast tried to do it to mine I would have my router inside a faraday cage in minutes.

Is it just me or is the volume really low this time?

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

An ISP for once wants to offer a useful service and Slick is just like "nope, it'll suck and be useless anyway and nobody will have any of this or i will wreck their connection" ..... srsly?

yeah, great thought process there.  :rolleyes:  Made me rage quitting the archive video. :angry:

Core i5-2500K @4,4 GHz | 12 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX | ASRock Z77 Pro4-M | Samsung 830 256GB | XFX Radeon 7870 2 GiB 1000M DD

Seasonic X-660 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | AKG K701 | CM Storm QF TK Stealth | Zowie FK '14 | Win 8.1 Pro x64

Wait.. what happened afterwards? WHY IS THERE SUCH A HUGE CLIFFHANGER!!! Has linus tweeted what happened afterwards? Did they fight?

When are you going to get more guests? Some of the previous guests are perfectly fine!! But having another persons opinion is very valuable and has improved the quality of the video and began interesting conversations.

The nintendo segment has to be seen by someone from nintendo!! I can't see any better free commercials than this.

So new shirt!! The next new and improved gen shirt?

LG G3 review... coming in a month or two since he needs that time.

on the comcast thing and pirating all you have to do is set up your own hot spot mirror the comcast one or such so the random people connect to you and enter their log in then you have all their info there its not safe and comcast cant even give me my 50 down so till they can deliver what I pay for they need to leave my bandwith alone.