WiiU's GameCube controller adapter will cost $20, and will be out this holiday

TopWargamer

Source: http://kotaku.com/wii-u-gamecube-controller-adapter-out-this-holiday-for-1588733203?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

The Wii U GameCube controller adapter will be out on the same day as Super Smash Bros., and it'll cost $20. There's also a special GameCube controller for $30, and a bundle including the adapter, the controller, and Smash for $100.

Yay, we won't have to wait to play the new Smash Bros. game with a GameCube controller! That is a nice little bundle though. You save about $10. It's not much, but it's something. 

And of course, as the title says, the GameCube controller adapter will cost only $20 and will be out this holiday.

pjzze8pazrilcsubovw7.jpg

COMIC SANS

Damn bro, one good thread after another, keep them coming :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I hope they sell new GC controllers.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

I think the gamecube controller may be the best controller ever made in terms of shape and comfort.

I think I still have a couple, not sure if they work though.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

something wiiU owners want, at a reasonable price, whos making this? Nintendo???

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

I can finally play SSBB with my GC controllers.

No its a Wii u accessory not Wii and the original Wii's already had support.

something wiiU owners want, at a reasonable price, whos making this? Nintendo???

Yes Nintendo but PDP was mention that the got the rights for a GameCube esk controller not that long ago but who knows if their just remaking that controller or what.

So yes only problem how are you supposed to get a new GameCube controller in this day and age? I would also almost prefer I'd PDP was just a re layer out pro controller so you could still have the wireless and awesome battery life.

So yes only problem how are you supposed to get a new GameCube controller in this day and age? I would also almost prefer I'd PDP was just a re layer out pro controller so you could still have the wireless and awesome battery life.

It says they are selling the controller for $30

20$ is reasonable

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I hope they sell new GC controllers.

They are. Kind of. There's that Smash Bros. themed one (shown above) that they are selling for $30. 

COMIC SANS

Give us gamecube emulation, oh wait the only holding back is the disk drive. curse you nintendo! 

It says they are selling the controller for $30

where did you see this because I only saw that news a while back of PDP getting the rights to make a official wii u gamecube esk controller

I forgot the U isn't backwards compatible with Wii games.

it is but non of the accessories are so you couldnt use a pro controller instead of a classic or classic pro controller.

Give us gamecube emulation, oh wait the only holding back is the disk drive. curse you nintendo!

hows the disc drive holding them back?

hows the disc drive holding them back?

gamecube disks are written backwards 

gamecube disks are written backwards

Then read them backwards...

The Wii was compatible and the wasn't because they too out the ability to do so.

The Wii was compatible and the wasn't because they too out the ability to do so.

The old Wii's were, the newer Wii's can't play Gamecube games for whatever Sonyesque reason.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

the wii disk drive can read both directions a wii u cannot 

The old Wii's were, the newer Wii's can't play Gamecube games for whatever Sonyesque reason.

Because they pulled the hardware out to reach a lower BOM. Backwards compatibility is only and issue for consoles the first two years or so with the early adopters and hardcore enthusiasts that likely still want to play their old games.

the wii disk drive can read both directions a wii u cannot

im sure it could very easily if they wanted it to. The other issue would be none of the other gamecube hardware is inside like on the original Wii.

They should just dump motion controllers and make a Gamecube 2

Wii U Pro Controller? Most of the games for Wii U have that as a controller option if you prefer, though quite a few of the cames fit other controls better.

Wii U Pro Controller? Most of the games for Wii U have that as a controller option if you prefer, though quite a few of the cames fit other controls better.

I meant that they should dump the whole Wii platform in general, screw any sort of motion gameplay. This is just my opinion as I think motion  games are a load of crap.

I meant that they should dump the whole Wii platform in general, screw any sort of motion gameplay. This is just my opinion as I think motion  games are a load of crap.

But like Pikmin which was a gamecube game is just much better being able to aim/point where you want the pikmin in my opinion vs have to use a analog stick.

Reading the disc on reverse is not something that the OS can do. People that grab ROMs, needed to hack the firmware to make it read on reverse, and that made it, as you guessed it, only be able to read it backwards. And you needed specific drive that allowed that. For Nintendo, it would mean to make a custom drive... not worth it. The console would cost more for nothing. People that have a GameCube, well, have a GameCube, if not, they have a Wii.

I dont' know about other console, but I am sure it applies to them as well, people tend not to throw their old console, but rather keep it in a box somewhere.

Reading the disc on reverse is not something that the OS can do. People that grab ROMs, needed to hack the firmware to make it read on reverse, and that made it, as you guessed it, only be able to read it backwards. And you needed specific drive that allowed that. For Nintendo, it would mean to make a custom drive... not worth it. The console would cost more for nothing. People that have a GameCube, well, have a GameCube, if not, they have a Wii.

I dont' know about other console, but I am sure it applies to them as well, people tend not to throw their old console, but rather keep it in a box somewhere.

It should only take custom firmware on the drive top get it to read them I mean that panasonic gamecube did it and so did the wii. i see the main barrier as the other gamecube parts that would be needed to be integrated in.