Bitfenix Prodigy - Fallout 3 Case Mod - Vault Boy

Well yea, it will have an EK water block on it with a backplate that I'm gonna make from acrylic or aluminium, or just buy the EK backplate. So the GPU wil pretty much be black with the clear nickel plexi block on it and yellow coolant flowing through it :D

Nice. Gonna do any LED's or anything?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Looking good so far, went through all of the pages, and things look sweet.

How about some yellow or orange lightings? - remember the part in Fallout 3, when Amata opens the vault door (assuming you went through the game with her doing that), or in the museum thing where they had a Vault-Tec tech demo, and when you open it, there'll be these spinning orange/yellow-ish lights. I think it'll look good especially because of those transparent panels B)

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Ok i can't wait for the finished build, this is just pure awesomeness!

Thanks man :D . Yea me too, I can't wait to see it finished. Next up will be the sleeved cables then a pretty big order from PerformancePCs or Frozen CPU to get the water blocks and fittings and that's pretty much it. Hopefully I'll finish it in a month or so, uni is taking up a lot of my time and I really need to focus. Oh and I also need to paint the SSD and the EK ram modules then install them on my ram, make a cover and backplate for the MB and the GPU... Still a lot to be done :)

Nice. Gonna do any LED's or anything?

Looking good so far, went through all of the pages, and things look sweet.

How about some yellow or orange lightings? - remember the part in Fallout 3, when Amata opens the vault door (assuming you went through the game with her doing that), or in the museum thing where they had a Vault-Tec tech demo, and when you open it, there'll be these spinning orange/yellow-ish lights. I think it'll look good especially because of those transparent panels B)

Thanks for showing interest in my build, appreciate it :D . And thanks for the suggestion on the LEDs though I think I'm just gonna go with white lighting to make everything pop nicely on the inside, just two small strips in the roof on both sides. I'm not really a fan of colored LED strips as it changes the color on the components as it shines on them. Given that I'm gonna have yellow coolant, yellow/blue sleeving, if I get orange lights you probably won't be able to tell the color on the coolant and sleeving :) . The LED strips I'm gonna get are the DarkSide Connect LEDs, I heard they are pretty bright and the best thing out there atm :P

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Thanks man :D . Yea me too, I can't wait to see it finished. Next up will be the sleeved cables then a pretty big order from PerformancePCs or Frozen CPU to get the water blocks and fittings and that's pretty much it. Hopefully I'll finish it in a month or so, uni is taking up a lot of my time and I really need to focus. Oh and I also need to paint the SSD and the EK ram modules then install them on my ram, make a cover and backplate for the MB and the GPU... Still a lot to be done :)

Thanks for showing interest in my build, appreciate it :D . And thanks for the suggestion on the LEDs though I think I'm just gonna go with white lighting to make everything pop nicely on the inside, just two small strips in the roof on both sides. I'm not really a fan of colored LED strips as it changes the color on the components as it shines on them. Given that I'm gonna have yellow coolant, yellow/blue sleeving, if I get orange lights you probably won't be able to tell the color on the coolant and sleeving :) . The LED strips I'm gonna get are the DarkSide Connect LEDs, I heard they are pretty bright and the best thing out there atm :P

Can't wait to see it. Found the next case I'm gonna get, the phanteks mini XL. 2 REAR EXHAUST FANS ERMAGERHD

Yeah, as light bounces on some objects the color we see changes, good point.

A bright light would definitely pop out them colors, especially the liquid coolant's :D

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Looks great, makes me want to do a smaller build. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Can't wait to see it. Found the next case I'm gonna get, the phanteks mini XL. 2 REAR EXHAUST FANS ERMAGERHD

That's a good looking case. Phanteks makes some really nice cases. Gonna give on a try one day :D

Looks great, makes me want to do a smaller build.

Thanks man :D . Yea small build are nice. I went from my pretty big NZXT Phantom 820 to an ARC Mini R2 and now a Prodigy. I'm planning my next build in a 250D. m-itx FTW :D :lol:

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

UPDATE

Painted the SSD and EK Monarch RAM Modules:

I first removed the EK logo

1R6US2C.jpg

Naked SSD :P

nVIHJWO.jpg

Also removed the sticker and I will replace this with a Fallout sticker later on :D

BUr4t7W.jpg

The yellow is much more vibrant than in these pictures. It appears greenish here for some reason :)

iUbymar.jpg

0HWZEyM.jpg

Blue EK Monarch RAM Modules, and I have the logo back on.

X7VQki9.jpg

6aBvLth.jpg

I will install the RAM modules on the RAM tomorrow :)

SIMPLE MODZ

looking goooooooooood, i am officially jelly.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

UPDATE

The EK Monarch modules are now on the RAM and they're looking really sexy I might say :D.

These would look really good even on their own if someone wanted to use them :)

Here's the sexy naked RAM :P

JEtD5Ak.jpg

6GRzr25.jpg

G.Skill Rip Jaws heat spreaders

H1a1TrH.jpg

And the assembled RAM :D

V94K8nz.jpg

I installed the EK modules in such a way so that the EK logo will be seen on both sides of the MB and that line that wasn't painted along with the mounting screws will be hidden on the inside between the RAM. Once I get the water block on, that won't be seen at all :P

lP0gu0N.jpg

xrh4Olq.jpg

Also after seeing TTL's latest RushKit video with the XFX R9 290, I had a closer look at my box and noticed that my reference design also has the unlocked voltage :D

Skhcmv7.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed my updates as they might be slowing down for a while as I've done pretty much everything I could do so far. I'm currently in the process of sorting out my sleeved cables but that might take a little while. And as for the motherboard cover that I want to make, I will have to wait till I get the EK Supremacy water block as I will need to have that mounted for my measurements in order to cut out the cover properly. I might start on it and do the sides and everything else but I'm also really busy with work and uni at the moment

I'm still waiting on those vinyl sheets in order to print out some cools Fallout stickers. I think that should arrive next week and that will probably be the next update :)

Stay tuned :D

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

I love those ram modules! Looks so good.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

I've updated the first post with a table of content :P

I like the ram, did you consider some yellow diagonal stripes for that as well? Some would say overkill, I would say epic looking.

I love those ram modules! Looks so good.

I like the ram, did you consider some yellow diagonal stripes for that as well? Some would say overkill, I would say epic looking.

Yea I was thinking to put a sticker on it once I get the vinyl sheets, something Fallout related :P

Looking real good man, nice work.

Thanks man :D

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

So I had a pretty big surprise arrive in the mail today :D. My lost and now found Heatkiller dual DDC pump top from watercool.de that I've been waiting to arrive for about 2 months now. The people over at watercool.de were kind enough and offered me a full refund for it a while ago and I gave up hope that I will ever get to see this dual pump top.

I was already looking for another one to get on my next order from PerformancePCs or FrozenCPU. Though I had no idea what to get as no one had this pump top and the reason I really like this one is because of the top inlet and nice acrylic design and there are none other like this. I'm so glad it arrived :D! I have no idea why it took so long, though I'm also waiting for another package from Hong Kong and it's been over a month :( (non-build related).

Here it is:

6nqmeJe.jpg

hTyTcvz.jpg

XxjCphK.jpg

6QTIFeB.jpg

I took these just before I left for work, had no time to play around with it and mount it on the pumps.

I will install it tomorrow as I'm very anxious to test those two pumps out. The story behind those is that I got them both for $50 from a local :). They are some old DDC1 pumps from an Apple computer I think. However they are different from the normal DDC pumps, a bit taller. From what I can tell everything on the inside of the pumps looks good, fingers crossed they still work.

Those who have been following this thread since the start have seen these ugly pumps before but here they are again haha :lol:

R68vI2d.jpg

kPEN5Wa.jpg

CzmRFCu.jpg

n6PODAF.jpg

3ZnWOLf.jpg

If all goes well I will be giving the pumps the blue treatment as well, on the outside :D

SIMPLE MODZ

Awesome, I love this thread :)

Gets me inspired to do something with my rig but then I just end up keeping it stock :/

Thanks man :) . I do this because over the past few years since I got into PCs I have developed a deep passion for building, water cooling and now modding. I really enjoy doing it. I just really wish I could afford to get my hands on some newer hardware and do bigger builds. Hopefully next year one I finish uni and hopefully get a full time job, I will be able to fully embrace my hobby :D . However right now I'm really excited on finishing this build. As for the next project I'm thinking of modding my current build, the green one in my sig. Thinking of doing a Witcher themed build :P . Anyways glad you enjoy man :)

SIMPLE MODZ

NOICE!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

UPDATE

Here's the pump and res config. I did test them out and they both started running well from what I can tell, ran them for about 10 min. However just to make sure they won't die on me once the build is complete I decided to replace the pumps PCB with a new one from this website in Hong Kong, which is where I think the pumps came from in the first place according to the label on them.

Somehow I missed this pic yesterday

1isweAS.jpg

This is the new pcb that I got if someone is interested. I will take it to a local shop to solder them once they arrive.

Anyways here is the pump and res config:

TKtEVRP.jpg

fzpPwbM.jpg

xg9iP4D.jpg

NlJl0G6.jpg

As you can see the way I connected the res was with a small male to male fitting. The res will pretty much be free standing on top of that, it's pretty sturdy :P

VCSQj2R.jpg

3gY5n2s.jpg

This is the way I tested the pumps. Those are just some fittings and tubing I used for testing, I will be using Bitspower Black Sparkle fittings in the build, rigid tubing ones of course :D

I guess I'll get to painting the pumps now :D:P

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

Here are the painted pumps and a quick test fit in the case :D:P

f5JHn5e.jpg

Z6mDzLq.jpg

ddabI2t.jpg

2DnSOok.jpg

dElktJa.jpg

yv4KWlP.jpg

Ih7cRnu.jpg

I will need to cut those cables shorter and sleeve them once I get my sleeving gear

SIMPLE MODZ

Damn, you must be really busy with uni or waiting for parts to arrive  :P Where have all the updates gone?

Awesome, can't wait to see the cables sleeved :)

Thanks man. I can't wait to see them too :D:P

How the hell am i not following this yet.. Well.. I am now :D

Thank you :D

Damn, you must be really busy with uni or waiting for parts to arrive  :P Where have all the updates gone?

You guessed right mate. Very busy with work and uni. I've posted a small update as to what's going on below :)

SIMPLE MODZ

SMALL UPDATE

Hey guys. Just a small update as to what's going on with my build for the next following weeks.

I haven't done anything since I finished the pump and res config as I'm very busy with uni at the moment. I've contacted Mundi from IceModz about getting all my custom sleeved cables done by him, again because I won't have time to do them myself and also it will cost me the same if I do them myself, with all the sleeving gear I have to get. He is currently on holiday at the moment until the 18th and will most likely make my cables when he returns.

I've got a presentation due in about a week, 2 assignment due a week after that and then 2 exams following shortly after. I'm also working 3-4 days a week and have to attend uni 3 days a weeks too on top of all the individual studies I have to do for everything that is due soon. Therefore the build is pretty much on hold at the moment :(.

To be honest I thought I would be finished by now but the more I work on it, the more modding ideas I get, so I don't want to rush it and then not be happy with it in the end. Also I don't have a proper working area at the moment and limited tools. Everything I've done so far has been with a rotary tool and a jig saw on an old crappy table in my garage. Hopefully once I finish uni at the end of the year I will have more time to work on my builds and get a better place when I move out. That way I will be able to finish them much quicker. I'm already planning 3 more builds I will be working on once I finish this. The next one will probably be to take apart my current build and do some modding on the Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 case. After that I will be working on a 250D with some minor mods and after on an 800D. I actually just purchased an 800D from a person who had bought it for a build and never had time to do it, the case is still brand new with the box unopened. I've wanted one for a while now and I purchased this one because I know they are discontinued.

Anyways enough about that. Will keep you guys posted. The next update will probably be when I know more about the cables from IceModz. In the meantime I will order what ever else I need from FrozenCPU so that I have everything ready to finish the build once the craziness with uni settles down.

Cheers, Alex

SIMPLE MODZ