Bitfenix Prodigy - Fallout 3 Case Mod - Vault Boy

loving the fallout colour scheme

In my opinion it would look amazing if you made it look worn, like it survived the apocalypse, all scuffed up and distressed.

Although It does look good clean...hmm

Hi. Thanks for liking it. I was thinking of making it look worn at first but then I really liked how it looked clean as it is now once I assembled the case. And also the theme I'm mainly going for is the Vault Boy and his image has always been clean looking I think. I'm also thinking of getting a Bobble Head and having it somewhere in the case haha :D

how flexible are the filters? you could cut out the corners of the filters that way when you want to clean them you just loosen the screws and kinda bend them out so you don't have to worry about the fans falling

just an idea

Hi. Thanks for the idea. I guess they are pretty flexible though I wouldn't really wanna do that as I don't think I'll be able to loosen the screws given that the top rad is going to be pretty much hanging from the top. I think I'm probably just gonna screw them in to save all the hassle and all lol

you can buy sticky back magnetis strips from almost any hardware store.

but again it might look bulky, could be possible to stick them on the under side if powerful enough.

i am sure you will figure something out.

Hi. Thanks for the tip. Yup I'm considering having magnets and stick them underneath the shroud though I think I will just end up screwing them in to save the hassle and the bulk that extra magnets might add:)

I didn't realise the fans under the yellow filters where blue, that will look good.

Yea mate they're Blue LED fans I reckon it looks good with the blue shining through the yellow though as I said I'm gonna try and clean the paint of the mesh of the dust filters and just have the yellow on the sides, might look better that way as the yellow does look a lil bit overkill on top lol

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

I didn't really get to do much today as I had work so no update today sorry. I did work a bit on the side and front panel acrylic edges. I painted what's going to be the inside edges so that when I have the clear acrylic as side panels you won't be able to see the case around the edges and those holes along the bottom from the original feet. That will probably be done tomorrow and I'm hoping my screws will arrive tomorrow as well so that I can mount them :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Hi guys,

Still haven't made any progress due to work and not having the materials I need still. To be honest I thought I would be finished with the case by now. Anyways I'd rather do it slow and good than rushing it :).

So I decided to buy some 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl for the front and side panel acrylic panels, to go around the edges. I painted them and I just hated how it looked, luckily with some mineral turpentine it came off nicely :). I then remembered seeing in JaysTwoCents rececent video on his build using 3M Carbon Fiber on his fans instead of the labels and I thought I could use some of that on two of my fans and them I though why not use it on the acrylic too. Only found it on eBay though and luckily in AU, bunnings didn't have any lol.

In the mean time while I wait for that I decided to take the protective film off the front panel acrylic and see how it looks when mounted, here it is:

post-20077-0-47310600-1405060900_thumb.j

post-20077-0-65127700-1405060927_thumb.j

Now the idea is to have the 3M Carbon Fibre Vinyl about 2cm around the left, right and top edges. And then the same, 2cm around all edges for the side panels.

The question is should I just leave the front panel clear as it is??? Meaning that you could see through it around where the front radiator is going to be mounted. Or I was thinking that I could get some Frost Glass Spray and just quickly frost it but then it won't be see through at all, just light glowing from the inside, I will be using white light inside the case. I did get some clear dark blue vinyl (still on its way) but I don't think that will looks anything like the other clear blue acrylic that I have and then it will just be a whole bunch of different blues in the case and I don't think that will look good.

Let me know what you guys think :)

SIMPLE MODZ

flc-mnp-07_2.jpg

For the front,

flc-mnp-18.jpg

For the top.

Would look badass, they also come in black.

That front, is f**kin excellent. A metalic, riveted looking border would look cool, that bent mesh would have looked amazing as well I think.

Keep up the good work.

Edit: there's another grill, that looks like a 2 dimension atom, would also look ballin.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wouldn't leave the front panel clear, frosting it would be a better idea.

Thanks for the input man, yea I can't make up my mind lol. I'm thinking of just putting it on hold till I have everything I need to assemble it and see how it looks clear once it's up

Looks good clear.

Thanks man :)

you could always tint it so you can still ee threw but it will be darker and it would match the case a little bit too

Yup, still waiting for the clear blue vinyl hoping it will match the case :)

flc-mnp-07_2.jpg

For the front,

flc-mnp-18.jpg

For the top.

Would look badass, they also come in black.

That front, is f**kin excellent. A metalic, riveted looking border would look cool, that bent mesh would have looked amazing as well I think.

Keep up the good work.

Edit: there's another grill, that looks like a 2 dimension atom, would also look ballin.

Thanks a lot man :D. I know those types of grills, yea they would look amazing but are also expensive. I can't really afford to spend close to $200 just on fan grills lol

Thanks for the help everyone, will wait till next week when hopefully all the stuff I've ordered arrives and see how the front panel looks once fully assembled, and just go from there :).

Also still waiting on that dual DDC pump top, thought don't know if it will still arrive, the great people over at Watercool.de in Germany were kind enough to offer me a full refund for it so thanks for that, will probably order another one on my next order from PerformancePCs

SIMPLE MODZ

Good luck with shipping!

Can't wait to see the final product.

Did you use double layer metallic pain for the chassis? 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

wohooo!! can't wait bro!

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

Good luck with shipping!

Can't wait to see the final product.

Thanks mate :D

Did you use double layer metallic pain for the chassis? 

The paint I used is RUST-OLEUM 2X Ultra Cover Spray Paint, the deep blue for the case and sunset yellow for the other yellow bits. Just used a bit of sand paper on the case before and then a few coats and was all good. Really good spray paint :). Hope this helps

wohooo!! can't wait bro!

Haha thanks bro :D

SIMPLE MODZ

Still waiting for that carbon fiber vinyl and a new dust filter that I got for the top.

But in the mean time I got bored so decided to install the front rad and see how the whole thing looks when it's turned on. I'll have to take it apart though, so I can put some carbon fiber vinyl where the fan labels are.

Anyways, here it is:

Front panel by itself

post-20077-0-10313200-1405419576_thumb.j

And on the case... I reckon the clear acrylic blends in pretty good given that there is blue behind it from the case so I'm gonna leave it clear.

post-20077-0-54740200-1405419609_thumb.j

post-20077-0-89415300-1405419639_thumb.j

Really like how the edge of the acrylic seems to appear like it's lit up, due to the fan LEDs

post-20077-0-35420000-1405419671_thumb.j

And on the inside... Just enough room for the dual DDC pumps and res

post-20077-0-69240200-1405419704_thumb.j

post-20077-0-28716000-1405420740_thumb.j

Thanks for checking it out, let me know what you think :D

SIMPLE MODZ

Nice. You have any plans as far as coolant goes? One company makes a nice electric blue thats only visible under UV lights, might look nice.

Nice. You have any plans as far as coolant goes? One company makes a nice electric blue thats only visible under UV lights, might look nice.

Yea I'm gonna be using yellow coolant and I've already got a small 250ml bottle of Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow which makes 1L with distilled water, hopefully that's enough. I might get another one on my next order from Performance PCs. I really like the look of this coolant and I think it's gonna look good in this build going with the yellow and blue theme. If you wanna see how the coolant looks check out JaysTwoCents latest build log video on his YouTube channel :). I also know the clear blue UV one you're talking about, Mayhem makes that too but I think that will be too much blue, don't really have that much yellow going other than the fan grills. Sleeving is gonna be yellow and blue as well

SIMPLE MODZ

Good idea. Hadn't thought about a yellow. Is it UV? (I like UV lol)

Speaking of which, there aren't enough youtube vids testing coolant.

Linus...... please make a series of vids testing different coolants for longevity, reactivity to UV, etc.

Linus...... please make a series of vids testing different coolants for longevity, reactivity to UV, etc.

Unfortunately it's not UV reactive. Yea there aren't that many videos about coolants, though Tech of Tomorrow did a video a few weeks ago about Mayhems coolant, about the available colors and how you can mix them up to create the color you want as well as another video on how to maintain a clean loop. Singularity Computers also talked about coolant in a few of his videos.

I've been using Mayhems coolant for about 2 years now and I've never had any problems with it. Only that it stains the soft tubing pretty bad however I don't see myself ever going back to soft tubing haha. Their blood red coolant I used in my previous build left a slight stain on my waterblocks but with a little scrub with some tooth paste it came right off :). Really good coolant overall and many colors to choose from, I don't think I'm ever gonna use any other coolant in my builds.

SIMPLE MODZ

nice man, i'm following this.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I'm just trying to think up a BoS themed build lol.

Elric from Tech of Tomorrow made some videos about different coolant dyes, might be worth checking out ;)

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

nice man, i'm following this.

Thanks man :D

I'm just trying to think up a BoS themed build lol.

By that do you mean the Brotherhood of Steel? That would be a pretty sweet theme :P

Those yellow grills look amazing!

Thank you :D

I was wrong, leaving the acrylic clear was a good idea, looks very good ;)

Thanks man, yup loving the look of it. Hopefully the carbon fiber vinyl will blend in good around the edges :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Yep, Brotherhood of Steel. Can't decide on a case though. I was thinking a HAF X with one of the mini ITX HAF boxes from the stacker line as a radbox.

Yep, Brotherhood of Steel. Can't decide on a case though. I was thinking a HAF X with one of the mini ITX HAF boxes from the stacker line as a radbox.

I don't really like CM cases, I dunno why haha. I reckon the Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 would be good for this, unless you want something bigger. You could mod the Spec-03 to fit rads in the top and front. I'm not that familiar with it tho, I just like the look of it and it's cheap :), would be good for a mod project

SIMPLE MODZ