Bitfenix Prodigy - Fallout 3 Case Mod - Vault Boy

Can't wait!

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Post is so slow these days! Here's hoping all the stuff I'm waiting for arrives today and then maybe I can finish the case over the weekend :)

I'm hoping my tubing and fittings turn up from Victoria today so I can finish the damn build haha. Australia post doesn't get my hopes up though.

I'm hoping my tubing and fittings turn up from Victoria today so I can finish the damn build haha. Australia post doesn't get my hopes up though.

Everything I was waiting for arrived today, other that the pump top of course :(. Hope your stuff did too

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Huzzah! Cannot wait to see it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So the carbon fiber vinyl and some other bits arrived today :D:D:D

I worked on the case tonight and I managed to finish the front and top panel. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :)

I ended up getting a 280mm dust filter from Silverstone for the top but once I received it I saw that it is bigger than the Koolance shroud so I decided to just pretty much scrap the dust filter and used the same grills I used on the rads on top as well, however I need to paint two more now as these are from the rad :). I can still squeeze the dust filter on top and it stays in but I don't like how it looks. I'll have to see how the dust build up is once the build is complete. All I need to do now if finish the side panels :D

post-20077-0-77011600-1405690346_thumb.j

post-20077-0-73460900-1405690369_thumb.j

post-20077-0-09868900-1405690396_thumb.j

post-20077-0-71904000-1405690419_thumb.j

post-20077-0-22826800-1405690449_thumb.j

post-20077-0-10334900-1405690472_thumb.j

post-20077-0-27272100-1405690498_thumb.j

post-20077-0-39318900-1405690521_thumb.j

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Vault Tec Approved!

Agreed 100%

The case is now pretty much complete so here are the final pictures of it. I just need to get some more acrylic for the side panels tomorrow and them see if I can print out some Fallout vinyl stickers :), was thinking something on the PSU covers and maybe on the sides of the front rad.

post-20077-0-77710800-1405837203_thumb.j

post-20077-0-89772900-1405837217_thumb.j

post-20077-0-11900400-1405837241_thumb.j

post-20077-0-62117300-1405837262_thumb.j

post-20077-0-56708200-1405837285_thumb.j

post-20077-0-55798900-1405837312_thumb.j

post-20077-0-12954300-1405837339_thumb.j

Pretty small gap, luckily my measurements turned out good. I also wanted to replace the copper caps on top with Bitspower ones but as you can see those are a bit thicker and I think it will touch the grills then, so I'm just gonna leave the copper ones there.

post-20077-0-16438500-1405837360_thumb.j

post-20077-0-74431200-1405837379_thumb.j

And I'm also thinking if I should stick the original Bitfenix Badge on the front panel, probably in the middle of the blue acrylic at the bottom. Or just above the blue acrylic on the clear one in the middle? What do you guys think? Should I also paint it yellow?

post-20077-0-34545700-1405837520_thumb.j

SIMPLE MODZ

I'd say paint it. It looks amazing so far! I can't wait to see it with a system inside. :wub:

Holy shit that's badass! And i think it would look awesome if you painted the logo yellow.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Paint the badge yellow and place it just above the blue acrylic on the clear one in the middle, that will look good in my opinion.

--- My Rig ---
CPU : Intel Core i7 4790K | Motherboard : Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Nepton 280L | RAM : 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3PSU : Corsair AX860i |

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX970 G1 Gaming | Chassis : Corsair Carbide Air 540 | SSD : Samsung 840 Evo 256GBHDD : Seagate NAS 2TB | HDD : Western Digital Caviar Red 4TB |

Optical Drive : Asus 24x DVD-RW | Lighting : NZXT Hue | Monitor : Dell U2515H | Keyboard : Ducky G2 Pro Blue Grey (Full Layout)Mouse : Razer Naga Chroma |

Mouse Mat : Corsair MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Extended | Speakers : Altec Lansing Octane 7 | Headphones : Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Kingston HyperX Cloud II Pro

Primary mobile device : Galaxy S8 G950FD - Nova Launcher Prime | LG G Watch Urbane (Gold) | Secondary mobile device : PS Vita PCH-1000

I'd say paint it. It looks amazing so far! I can't wait to see it with a system inside. :wub:

Holy shit that's badass! And i think it would look awesome if you painted the logo yellow.

Thanks for liking it :) . Yup, I'll be painting the Bitfenix badge tomorrow

SIMPLE MODZ

I have another thought if someone can help me... I know I started this build in the modding section thinking I'm just gonna be modding the case for now and that it's going to be a while until I'm gonna finish the build but things have moved quicker than I thought. I already have most of the watercooling gear I need, just need to order fittings and waterblocks. I also have the R9 290 graphics card that I'm gonna be using in this build and 2 x 4GB sticks of G.Skill ram from my previous build with waterblock for them. And now I've just ordered the power supply, intel CPU and an SSD. So pretty much all I need is a motherboard which will be the MSI Z97i Gaming and I'm gonna be getting a full cover waterblock for it from EK.

I was just wondering should I start a new thread in the build log section now, having completed the case mod and post the actual build there??? Or just continue posting in this thread???

SIMPLE MODZ

No you should continue posting here.

-snip-

I was just wondering should I start a new thread in the build log section now, having completed the case mod and post the actual build there??? Or just continue posting in this thread???

If you do decide to post in the build log section, make a post here about it so I can go follow that too  :)

Wow looks really sexy mate! I would paint the logo yellow and put it above the front rad, would be a very nice detail fitting to the fan grills on the top ;)

Thanks mate! I'm gonna start working on the logo right now :)

No you should continue posting here.

If you do decide to post in the build log section, make a post here about it so I can go follow that too  :)

Thanks for the input guys. I'll just keep posting here as there are quite a few people following this thread. That will probably be easier and avoid confusion :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Thanks mate! I'm gonna start working on the logo right now :)

Thanks for the input guys. I'll just keep posting here as there are quite a few people following this thread. That will probably be easier and avoid confusion :)

Looking great. I wish I had some more money, I'd send you some radiation grills (they'd be more fitting for a fallout themed case than biohazard but hey gotta make do)

You should totally do a build log once you get the components. You going rigid tubing or flex? and what color coolant? I know the color theme is yellow/blue, but UV green might look good.

Looking great. I wish I had some more money, I'd send you some radiation grills (they'd be more fitting for a fallout themed case than biohazard but hey gotta make do)

You should totally do a build log once you get the components. You going rigid tubing or flex? and what color coolant? I know the color theme is yellow/blue, but UV green might look good.

Thanks man. I really appreciate you saying that. I tried finding some radiation grills same like these biohazard ones I have which where pretty cheap but the only radiation grills are the MNPCTech ones which you also pointed out. There was just no way I could afford to get 4 of those to use on the front and top.

And yea I'm definitely doing a build log. I was just wondering if I should just continue posting here given that it's pretty much a build log already or post in the actual build log section. Though I now realized it would be more convenient to just keep posting here as there are quite a few people following this thread already :). What do you think?

Also I remember we discussed coolant about a week ago I think haha :P . I'm gonna be using Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow coolant, already have it. And definitely doing rigid tubing with just 90 degree bends and bitspower black sparkle fittings.

SIMPLE MODZ

Thanks man. I really appreciate you saying that. I tried finding some radiation grills same like these biohazard ones I have which where pretty cheap but the only radiation grills are the MNPCTech ones which you also pointed out. There was just no way I could afford to get 4 of those to use on the front and top.

And yea I'm definitely doing a build log. I was just wondering if I should just continue posting here given that it's pretty much a build log already or post in the actual build log section. Though I now realized it would be more convenient to just keep posting here as there are quite a few people following this thread already :). What do you think?

Also I remember we discussed coolant about a week ago I think haha :P . I'm gonna be using Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow coolant, already have it. And definitely doing rigid tubing with just 90 degree bends and bitspower black sparkle fittings.

Yeah those radiation grills are expensive. As for whether or not to do a seperate build log, I'd do it in the build log section so new people don't have to look for it but I guess it doesnt matter.

I'm not feelin the coolant, but I don't get the pastel look, especially if it's not UV, just my personal preference, still an epic looking build. I guess the yellow works since its a Vault Boy build and not just a fallout theme.

Just glad there's still people out there going for the awesome look instead of the all to popular Fractal boring ass look (seriously, those cases are just ugly people, if your gonna do custom work, make it look custom and not like it came off the shelf)

Can't wait to see how you manage to squeeze all the components in there lol. I'd probably go nuclear with nerd rage trying to do it with my gigantic sausage fingers.

Edit: If I had the money or the capability I'd make you a special Vault Boy grill for the front. If you have a dremel, a steady hand, and the time, you should try and make one out of sheet metal. I say this only because it would make it instantly recognizable to all fallout fans. Also I LOVE the look of the shroud on top.

Looks really great, I dig what you did with the color scheme.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Yeah those radiation grills are expensive. As for whether or not to do a seperate build log, I'd do it in the build log section so new people don't have to look for it but I guess it doesnt matter.

I'm not feelin the coolant, but I don't get the pastel look, especially if it's not UV, just my personal preference, still an epic looking build. I guess the yellow works since its a Vault Boy build and not just a fallout theme.

Just glad there's still people out there going for the awesome look instead of the all to popular Fractal boring ass look (seriously, those cases are just ugly people, if your gonna do custom work, make it look custom and not like it came off the shelf)

Can't wait to see how you manage to squeeze all the components in there lol. I'd probably go nuclear with nerd rage trying to do it with my gigantic sausage fingers.

Edit: If I had the money or the capability I'd make you a special Vault Boy grill for the front. If you have a dremel, a steady hand, and the time, you should try and make one out of sheet metal. I say this only because it would make it instantly recognizable to all fallout fans. Also I LOVE the look of the shroud on top.

Thanks a lot for the kind words man, really appreciate it. That's what I was going for, just something different and also wanted to have a go at some modding. Though my other build is in a Fractal case haha

And about putting components in it, I'm thinking the same thing haha, hopefully I'll be able to fit every thing nicely. Next thing I need to do are custom length sleeved cables :). I think that will be the key to getting everything in there, custom length cables.

Yea a special Vault Boy grill would be awesome, I'm gonna think about that for a while :P, if you wanna send me one in the mean time go ahead hahaha :lol:

SIMPLE MODZ